Mek suggestion

arkserver1k

Suggestion

6 replies to this server topic

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:12 PM, Thyme said:

Limiting meks strength will not change this unfortunately. A low level mek will still chew through structures, and regardless of meks existence even they still have gigas, titans, and what not that will destroy you. The only ways to fight their titans is to cower in a cave or use meks. Instead of nerfing meks for everyone, making them more accessible or buffing the default meks strength will give the smaller tribes a fighting chance.

My point wasn't about lowering the strength its about allowing what they are used for period in this game, as imo it is rapidly declining / dying a cancerous death. because of meshing alone not to mention the recent bout of duping and any new player that joins instantly gets clapped before even getting a foot in the door (which means you are forced to go to bigger tribes and try to join just to play) and that already has killed the game not to mention titans I mean please that's just ridiculous. I have played this game 3 yrs on officials I have had tek as one would expect, but I have never been a tribe someone could say hey yeah I know them. and as long as titans and meks have been out of never tamed or made one on officials ever. It has no bearing on my capability to play this game and or survive but everything to do with trying to start at this point from scratch is something that can only be done if a tribe / server takes pity on you and says hey we got you but you fight for us now. again their is no creating your own alliance (unless you have backing of bigger tribes) and tbh that's just crap I hope that gets my point across.

10 hours ago, Thyme said:

It is a shame what this game has come to but unofficial servers are at least thriving. I and a many other people have given up on on official due to its poor balance and low moderation, and many big changes would need to happen to fix these.

And as for this, instead of limiting level they could remove make the mek not damage structures above stone or wood. This would prevent them from steamrolling smaller bases and allow them to fight back against tribes with titans. The mek is important for pve aspects of the game like fighting the king titan, defending drops, taming titans/titanosaurs ect. so they just need some adjustment pvp wise. They could give them reduced damage to non-titan tames, but an alpha tribe will still destroy you with a giga, golem, mana, ect. anyways.

yeah I mean they can but at least if you can get compound bows / flame arrows / crossbows etc, you can actually fight back (your success rate then is about skill / knowledge) currently even with those you are not doing anything to meks, and of course numbers is another thing that tends to be low due to the drop off from duping meshing. The saddest part is its own community is whats killing it and for what ?? To say your the big cheese on a game but currently have no skill cause you had to cheat to A) get their B) to stay their and that's with the numbers.

Ohh also worth noting this is PvP servers we talk about right ?? So why even when its smaller tribes do people actually sit and wait until your offline to soak, my point is their is no longer PvP its in essence PvE because people are weak and lazy.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:45 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

Meks are integral to the King Titan Boss fight. A level 51 would get wrecked. 

They are fine as is. Can we stop nerfing stuff because it's a little difficult?

You see the problem is this game is about survival (I agree), but when you have bigger tribes locking down extinctions (any server) for that matter. To the point your chased off, killed or even caged if you even try to go on such servers. You A) unable to get Meks yourself B) unable to survive because people are clowns an will happily use their OP Meks just to rip through someone's stone base and it may not be their server, its just because its great to be toxic apparently. So no they are not fine as they are, its one sided and not surprisingly why the games becoming stale and dead, who wants to play that just because some phat cat wants to swing his junk ?? I have played for three years straight on xbox one and tried my hand at the steam version. Its the same all across the board and its the mix of trolls and phat cats killing this game along with meshing / duping (what a surprise meks were the latest craze). Insiding is greasy I don't agree with it, but at least it is within the games confines. 

It is a shame what this game has come to but unofficial servers are at least thriving. I and a many other people have given up on on official due to its poor balance and low moderation, and many big changes would need to happen to fix these.

Just now, ECADDurand said:

My point wasn't about lowering the strength its about allowing what they are used for period in this game

And as for this, instead of limiting level they could remove make the mek not damage structures above stone or wood. This would prevent them from steamrolling smaller bases and allow them to fight back against tribes with titans. The mek is important for pve aspects of the game like fighting the king titan, defending drops, taming titans/titanosaurs ect. so they just need some adjustment pvp wise. They could give them reduced damage to non-titan tames, but an alpha tribe will still destroy you with a giga, golem, mana, ect. anyways.

5 hours ago, ECADDurand said:

You A) unable to get Meks yourself B) unable to survive because people are clowns an will happily use their OP Meks just to rip through someone's stone base

Limiting meks strength will not change this unfortunately. A low level mek will still chew through structures, and regardless of meks existence even they still have gigas, titans, and what not that will destroy you. The only ways to fight their titans is to cower in a cave or use meks. Instead of nerfing meks for everyone, making them more accessible or buffing the default meks strength will give the smaller tribes a fighting chance.

11 hours ago, arkserver1k said:

Mek suggestion

You should make the max lvl of meks 51 as they should not be able to enrage gigas, and they should only be used for clearing spam.

Meks are integral to the King Titan Boss fight. A level 51 would get wrecked. 

They are fine as is. Can we stop nerfing stuff because it's a little difficult?

Archived