Need some help here

lalal

Need some help here

I’ve played ark for a few days now, and i’m at lvl 56. I was trying to get some oil so I could make some better weapons. So I made a raft and sailed to the northern mountains of the island, and built a shelter. But I was killed by some other dinos like rexes for 2 times. Can you guys give some suggestions or maybe I should just level up first?

58 minutes ago, lalal said:

Need some help here

I’ve played ark for a few days now, and i’m at lvl 56. I was trying to get some oil so I could make some better weapons. So I made a raft and sailed to the northern mountains of the island, and built a shelter. But I was killed by some other dinos like rexes for 2 times. Can you guys give some suggestions or maybe I should just level up first?

You are in the right spot but stick to harvesting the oil nodes on the islands up there, rather than going inland. 

The islands are only populated by penguins and pelagornis. 

Leave your raft as shelter for that trip.

27 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You are in the right spot but stick to harvesting the oil nodes on the islands up there, rather than going inland. 

57 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

@lala u did not give much clarification of what is actually happening, i would suggest stay down to the south, build up there, what do u have in terms of gear and tames, i would love to help u out, but i to know what u have first

Well, I have an argy, a carno, and smaller ones like the raptor. Half of my armor are made of fur,  rest are made of hide

30 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Thanks a lot! So what u mean is that I should go harvest some oil on day, and stay on my raft for night? Also, do you have any suggestions for what I should prepare?

23 minutes ago, lalal said:

Thanks a lot! So what u mean is that I should go harvest some oil on day, and stay on my raft for night? Also, do you have any suggestions for what I should prepare?

You can harvest at night, just watch your health and have campfires and standing torches with plenty of wood on your raft to warm back up. 

Cooked Meat to help heal/fill hunger

Metal picks or an anky if available for harvesting the nodes

Fur armor and/or otter to help with cold

Storage for oil

If it's just an oil harvesting adventure, that will be plenty to see you through. 

i agree with yek, the ice burges are great for easy oil, and also organic polymer. i would make some flak armour just incase, i would also get the otter, keep the fur, try to have two sets of fur on u as if u do run into trouble and it breaks u wont be screwed, also if your argent was a decent level when tamed i would make another raft, make a small taming pen and try to get your self a few wolves/ sabers, anky and maybe find a sheep to keep on your raft. i would also get a berry tame like a trike, r u on singal player or a server, if a server what type is it, i find friends or even occasional allies make things more fun and easier. try to get into fab weapons as soon as possible, now that u have oil i would say it will be easier for u to do that, try to also get a few argents, i am sure u will lose the one u have so make sure to have back ups.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

41 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You can harvest at night, just watch your health and have campfires and standing torches with plenty of wood on your raft to warm back up. 

Cooked Meat to help heal/fill hunger

Metal picks or an anky if available for harvesting the nodes

Fur armor and/or otter to help with cold

Storage for oil

If it's just an oil harvesting adventure, that will be plenty to see you through. 

Farm enough pelt to make a full set of fur gear, tame an otter if you can find one as that will help if a storm hits while you're up there, as for farming the oil just fly up the west coast on your argent until you see the icebergs, get as much as you can carry then fly back, takes 10-15 minutes

There are no weapons which need oil anyway, apart from flamethrower which needs gasoline but you can't unlock that on the island, so guessing you need it for the fabricator and some fuel? you might be best off killing a few tek parasaurs and stegos, 16 oil will be enough to make a fabby and 5 gasoline then you'll be able to make a pump action shotgun, think all the other weapons made in the fabby are above your current level apart from the pistol but that's pretty meh anyway

Farm enough pelt to make a full set of fur gear, tame an otter if you can find one as that will help if a storm hits while you're up there, as for farming the oil just fly up the west coast on your argent until you see the icebergs, get as much as you can carry then fly back, takes 10-15 minutes, well depending on where your base is ?

There are no weapons which need oil anyway, apart from flamethrower which needs gasoline but you can't unlock that on the island, so guessing you need it for the fabricator and some fuel? you might be best off killing a few tek parasaurs and stegos, 16 oil will be enough to make a fabby and 5 gasoline then you'll be able to make a pump action shotgun, think all the other weapons made in the fabby are above your current level apart from the pistol but that's pretty meh anyway

Archived