Mod/map contest transparency

Aylana314159

19 minutes ago, Vaiks said:

Last contest was won by the ppl that used to be from the same mod group of the person organizing the contest, so...

Yeah. I know. But I thought just maybe they would try to improve communication and transparency. They did listen about splitting up mods and maps.

I would like to know more about how each mod scored. The maps all moved to finalists.

Preliminary Voting Phase

• Preliminary Voting Phase will be scored by Studio Wildcard Employees.
  • Scoring of the Preliminary Phase will be on a 1-5 scale (a score of 5 being worth the most and a score of 1 being worth the least) in the following categories:
    • Performance: Determined by the presence of bugs, responsiveness of added game content and/or systems, and impact on base game responsiveness and functionality.
    • Balance: Determined by how well added and modified base game content and/or systems provide a fair and competitive experience without providing a mis-proportioned advantage over other areas of the game. The ability for players to scale and balance aspects of the mod as they see fit will also show a positive impact on this score.
    • Polish: Determined by the attention to detail. Good aesthetic design, well designed feature systems, and efforts to make systems and content feel more immersive or realistic will impact this score positively. Frequent typos, visual errors, and aspects that would frequently pull the player out of immersion will impact it negatively.
    • Usability: Determined by the ease of use and introduction to added or modified game content and/or systems; e.g. appropriate documentation, considerations for accessibility, and ease of understanding on how to use the content.

• Wildcard Community

The contest manager application was custom made, and there are still some things I would like to add to it in the future. Right now though it's completely automated for scoring and calculations.

An audit API for viewing aggregate voting data (after a contest has concluded) is one of those wishlist items.
(Wishlist is definitely a key point here though, as all of this has a time cost associated with it and I'm the only one who knows how this application works right now.)

The maps all moved to the finals because there were only 10 eligible maps. Based on the rules (10 finalists selected per category) they all go forward regardless of the internal voting scores.

Currently, all voting is anonymous, I didn't even know who the finalists were going to be until the system made the results public.

On 7/16/2019 at 12:12 PM, Vaiks said:

Last contest was won by the ppl that used to be from the same mod group of the person organizing the contest, so...

Character and integrity aside, it just wouldn't be worth the potential risks.

Archived