Breading

Swytchworks

2 hours ago, Swytchworks said:

Breading

I bread my tek rex's, no mutations one parent has 12k health the other 14k both are unleveled. The baby came out with 1 mutation on the patrilinal side, yet the health is 9k, weight and melee came out under both parents base stats aswell.. what happend? I'm so confused 

Show a stat screen shot of the parents and baby. Will be able to help us figure it out more.

Sounds like 12k & 14k are the imprinted stats, what are the exact numbers of the 12k & 9k? imprinting should increase it by 20%, for instance my current best rex hatched with 9460 hp, 990 weight & 419 melee, after imprint it's 11352 hp, 1188 weight & 502 melee, when I breed her the lower stats will get passed on

10 hours ago, Baklap said:

Are the parents leveled up? 

Only the base stats will be passed on to the offspring.

as stated ''I bread my tek rex's, no mutations one parent has 12k health the other 14k both are unleveled'' everything is at base level. i did imprint on the parents but i was not on them when checking the stats, i thought the imprinting only mattered when the imprinter was riding them. 

8 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

Sounds like 12k & 14k are the imprinted stats, what are the exact numbers of the 12k & 9k? imprinting should increase it by 20%, for instance my current best rex hatched with 9460 hp, 990 weight & 419 melee, after imprint it's 11352 hp, 1188 weight & 502 melee, when I breed her the lower stats will get passed on

do the stats increase after imprinting while the rider is not riding them? i thought they only increased while being ridden by the person who imprinted them

4 minutes ago, Swytchworks said:

i did imprint on the parents but i was not on them when checking the stats, i thought the imprinting only mattered when the imprinter was riding them. 

Thats not totally accurate. While you are riding the dino you will have the 30% damage and resistance buff as seen on the top right of the screen. But if you look at the stats of your baby dinos before and after an imprint you will see their stats going up.

Edit: Also when you ride the dino the stat numbers shown do not change. I believe the 30% buff is hidden in that respect.

47 minutes ago, Swytchworks said:

do the stats increase after imprinting while the rider is not riding them? i thought they only increased while being ridden by the person who imprinted them

All stats apart from stam & oxygen get a 20% increase with full imprint, if you check the stats as it's maturing you'll notice them going up, then there's the 30% resistance & damage buff on top if they're ridden by whoever imprinted

6 hours ago, SMP said:

I prefer to bread my dinos with a little egg white and some panko crumbs.

6 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

+1 to Panko

+2 to Panko.

@Swytchworks:  If you had a 9000-ish HP stat (lets say ~9.4K, which is 38 points) and imprinted it fully, it would increase to 11.3K HP.  That might be it, as previously stated.  If you can resize the pictures to meet size requirements, that would be good.  But if not, just type out a message with the exact Tek Rex stats here, including the decimal points, torpor value, and level, and we can be more helpful!

Archived