Community Crunch 190: Valguero for Console and Modding Contest Finalists

StudioWildcard

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Announcement Regarding Exploits

It has been brought to our attention that there are some duping methods that are being exploited within the community.  The engineering team is looking at potential fixes and determining the next steps.  Exploits, like duping, are extremely important to resolve for a healthy community and we prefer to take action as swiftly as possible.  We will keep you updated as this situation evolves and let you know what to expect in the future as a result of these exploits.

Valguero for Console

header.jpg

Valguero has reinvigorated the passion of the ARK community and we're excited to bring it to all of our XBOX and PS4 survivors! Valguero will arrive as a regular game update, similar to Ragnarok.  You won't need to download anything special from the marketplace to initiate the installation.  The update will begin to roll out on July 19th 17:00 UTC.  Check out the post below for any Valguero questions you might have!

Modding Contest Finalist

mapsbanner2.jpg.02bdce0adfee72f9e2c40feb

The finalists for the ARK Modding contest have been declared and we are now in the spotlight phase of the contest. Over the next week, leading up to the public vote, we will be releasing small preview videos on all of the finalists. 
The public vote begins on 07/21/2019 at 05:00 PM (PDT). Please check out these finalists and of course, Happy Modding!

Map category finalists:

Mod category finalists:

Public Beta

Thank you for your participation in the recent public beta!  Your feedback is valuable and has resulted in us tweaking the numbers even further on your behalf. Public betas seem to be a popular approach with the community, so we'll try to utilize this avenue more often when testing balance changes.  The feedback from the beta was compiled into a spreadsheet and shared with the dev team.

Public Beta Responses (Google Sheets)

There are a few other threads and topics (servers, events) that we will compile public response sheets for and share with the community in the near future.

Legacy Server Saves

For those affected by the recent server migration, the saves from those servers can be found below.  If you're looking for the NOTEK servers, they're under the "LIVE Legacy PVE" section.

Current Server Backups

Summer Bash (Rates) Extension

ARK_SummerBash_FeatureImage.jpg

We hope everyone is off to a great summer in ARK.  Due to the delay of the event on console, we'll be extending the rates of the event until the EVO event begins on July 19th.  The event content (skins, etc) will end on the previously communicated date, July 16th.

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms (including Valguero) will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 19th of July at 1 PM EST until Monday the 22nd of July at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

Until next time!

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

3 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

i love the game, i hate the company, also i spent so much money n ark to be dissapointed, and is primal survival was not promised why was it announced to be released and a trailer was made for it @SaltyMonkey

We’ve had this conversation, mentioning something does not mean it’s been promised to all platforms.

Primal survival was also publicly put on hold because it was still early access and Wildcard wanted to focus all remaining efforts on releasing the game. All of this info is as easily accessible as the trailer.

• Like 1

well here we are two years later wildcard litterally sitting on their a** releasing maps that are not even worthy of playing aside form new dino, nt dinos just dino i mean seriously. also it was announced and confirmed. so how bout this wildcard, u give us primal survival before the end of 2019 and i will shut up for good. that sound good to ya, i mean u can obviously intergrate mods into the game fine so why not just put play as dino into the game. make it its onw seerate expansion like  prim+. also i would like to say that there was infact new dinso on the roster as a friend on discord found models of creatures for ark including suchomimus, acrocanthosaurus, velociraptor, protoceratops and a few more. 

• Facepalm 6

Hey Cedric I can complain about alot but I chose not to because I understand that it is not a easy thing for the team but I really would like to have a scope on the longneck and still be able to use tranquilizer darts at the same time if you can put a little bug into the ears of the team it would be a great gift for us console players and please look into the dragon mod would like to see them in the game in the near future thank you for reading this

from the owner Chow of the reddirt server 

15 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

Get a pc. The problem is the console to manny rules before releasing a update or anything it has less freedom. 

um sorry but i am not gonna spend thousands of dollars just to play ark on PC, it cost way too much for the game alone along with the maps it is too expensive, also i know for a fact u need at least a 2000$ computer, and i dont have than money, also if games like fallout, skyrim and more can allow mods why cant wildcard. or even just spend the time to add what they promised. it was 2016 or 2017 and it is now 2019 seriously u cant be more lazy than that. again i dont hate the game i hate the devs. i would not hate them so much if they treated us console players evenly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

um sorry but i am not gonna spend thousands of dollars just to play ark on PC, it cost way too much for the game alone along with the maps it is too expensive, also i know for a fact u need at least a 2000$ computer, and i dont have than money, also if games like fallout, skyrim and more can allow mods why cant wildcard. or even just spend the time to add what they promised. it was 2016 or 2017 and it is now 2019 seriously u cant be more lazy than that. again i dont hate the game i hate the devs. i would not hate them so much if they treated us console players evenly

Grow up already. $120 Canadian is too much money lol, 60 for the base game and 60 for a season pass oh no. Now can you please tell us all why it has to be a $2000 computer cause I could pick up a cheap $600 off kijiji and it would run it great, even my 12 year old gaming pc can run ark.  If you want to play with your PC friends then maybe get a summer job or go collect cans or a lemonade stand if your parents are ok with it lol, gotta start saving for that PC.

Edited by ThePryBar
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Due to the delay of the event on console, we'll be extending the rates of the event until the EVO event begins on July 19th.  The event content (skins, etc) will end on the previously communicated date, July 16th.

I'm assuming PC is getting extended rates till friday aswell.

Or is that supposed to mean, the event was delayed on console and will be extended on console only?

Edited by AlphaMoschops

33 minutes ago, AlphaMoschops said:

I'm assuming PC is getting extended rates till friday aswell.

Or is that supposed to mean, the event was delayed on console and will be extended on console only?

Was it delayed on PC? It was a few days late on console so an extension makes sense. But if it was not delayed on PC then probably no.