Community Crunch 190: Valguero for Console and Modding Contest Finalists

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

The switch version aside, the console and steam versions from the Ark devs are basically the same. Steam is the only version with the mod workshop which is content NOT from the devs and has never been guaranteed to come to console.

Yes I know mods are definitely a pc niche. I'm personally not salty about lack of mods, I do however strongly question the legitimacy of some other practices.

Events: console players can pretty safely bet that events are late or will not happen at all for them.

DLC: if my memory serves me right all dlc's have dropped well after pc.

Classic PvP Cluster: the dev company creates a new PvP themed cluster to encourage the (pc) player base to come together like never before. Yet consoles don't receive this interaction?

Mods: I'm not the least bit upset that there are mods out there that we console players don't get. However the structure plus mod that we did get was an incomplete version of it.

Granted all of these things individually are probably not too big of a deal but when I step back and look at it as a whole I can't help but ask why?

Edited by BrontoMan

i am not talking baout mods anymore, i swear u are as ddim as WC, i am talking bout WC treating console ark in general, late updates, constant push backs, promised stuff that turns out to be crapier than they let off or is never given to us, cough cough "valguero" cough cough "primal survival". and now they plan on making a "sequal" to ark, seriously, u expect us console players to fork out more money for an over priced buggy game, the only reason i still play ark is cause i wasted so much cash on it. i love ark and all, but i am sick to death of PC peopel getting all the good stuff while console players are constantly disregarded 

• Facepalm 1

You need help, dude. If you hate playing yet play only because you spent so much money on it. Well then you need to consider why you would "play" a game. One plays a game to get a pleasant time. Have you heard the saying "cut your losses" I have many games I hated. I bought them hated them and stopped playing them. I uninstalled them. I didn't continue to spend time on it. Come on guy. You are an Ark site complaining about your situation. Just play something you like, and can enjoy. There is plenty of "free" games. Is Ark perfect? No . No it is not. But I enjoy it so I play it. I overlook the faults and focus on the things I like. Be positive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

i am not talking baout mods anymore, i swear u are as ddim as WC, i am talking bout WC treating console ark in general, late updates, constant push backs, promised stuff that turns out to be crapier than they let off or is never given to us, cough cough "valguero" cough cough "primal survival". and now they plan on making a "sequal" to ark, seriously, u expect us console players to fork out more money for an over priced buggy game, the only reason i still play ark is cause i wasted so much cash on it. i love ark and all, but i am sick to death of PC peopel getting all the good stuff while console players are constantly disregarded 

Your interpretation of promised stuff is setting you up for failure, every time. How many times must I repeat that talking about something is not a guarantee that it’s happening. Where is your proof for their Ark 2 plan other than players discussing it in the forums? The only 1 mention of Ark 2 was from a community manager saying it was a possibility for the future. Let me reiterate, 1 time and by a community manager, not a lead developer.

You keep bringing up Primal Survival as if the PC still have this. The originally developed game mode was put on hiatus over 2 years ago but you act as if PC gets to play it but it’s a reimagined mod that only PC unofficial can play. Remember, many PC players only play official so they too are excluded from mods. You and many others repeatedly forget that.

Valguero was a mod that became official content. The mod creator never assumed it would get integrated into the base game either as with all community based mods. They continued to add content as a mod extension which I think is great but also note that these extras would never have come with the official content. Sure it’s a shame that we are missing a few things but that’s the trade off for mods becoming official content. Same thing happened with Ragnarok.

Structures Plus was never going to be the full mod and the devs had repeatedly reiterated this. The break down of communication is down to the end user only hearing what they want to hear and then complaining that what they got wasn’t exactly how they thought it up in the head as if it’s anyone else’s problem but their own.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greatchawhee said:

You need help, dude. If you hate playing yet play only because you spent so much money on it. Well then you need to consider why you would "play" a game. One plays a game to get a pleasant time. Have you heard the saying "cut your losses" I have many games I hated. I bought them hated them and stopped playing them. I uninstalled them. I didn't continue to spend time on it. Come on guy. You are an Ark site complaining about your situation. Just play something you like, and can enjoy. There is plenty of "free" games. Is Ark perfect? No . No it is not. But I enjoy it so I play it. I overlook the faults and focus on the things I like. Be positive.

I bought an Audi TT mk1 that I adored but due to mechanical failures and the eventual repair cost close to the value of the car, I scrapped it for £100. £5000 down the drain but boy was I happy to cut my losses.

4 hours ago, Greatchawhee said:

again i like ark, i dont like the company, ark is the dream game i wanted, a survival dinosaur game, i just hate its devs are so god damn F****** ignorant to the community.

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Your interpretation of promised stuff is setting you up for failure, every time. How many times must I repeat that talking about something is not a guarantee that it’s happening. Where is your proof for their Ark 2 plan other than players discussing it in the forums? The only 1 mention of Ark 2 was from a community manager saying it was a possibility for the future. Let me reiterate, 1 time and by a community manager, not a lead developer.

You keep bringing up Primal Survival as if the PC still have this. The originally developed game mode was put on hiatus over 2 years ago but you act as if PC gets to play it but it’s a reimagined mod that only PC unofficial can play. Remember, many PC players only play official so they too are excluded from mods. You and many others repeatedly forget that.

Valguero was a mod that became official content. The mod creator never assumed it would get integrated into the base game either as with all community based mods. They continued to add content as a mod extension which I think is great but also note that these extras would never have come with the official content. Sure it’s a shame that we are missing a few things but that’s the trade off for mods becoming official content. Same thing happened with Ragnarok.

Structures Plus was never going to be the full mod and the devs had repeatedly reiterated this. The break down of communication is down to the end user only hearing what they want to hear and then complaining that what they got wasn’t exactly how they thought it up in the head as if it’s anyone else’s problem but their own.

even if it is not fully confirmed we know WC too well, snail games tried to make dark souls or what ever it names is popular, an early attemp at profiiting off of ark, then came ark park, which i admit is ok and good, then came pixark, now atlas, these were all cheap attempts to make money, knowing wild card they will make a sequal since that scene at the end of ark leaves the option wide open, it will most likely be a cheap unfinished remake or attempt at ark. again no real effort put in, and may i point out if they stopped wasting time on making these games they could have spent it fixing and improving ark, WC are living definitions or procrastinators. also there was a crunch for primal servial and even a wiki page. also again arks state has pushed people to boosted server gameplay or mods. so u saying official is more populated than the rest of ark is complete bull****.  i fell like going on but i need to finsih here for now.

27 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

even if it is not fully confirmed we know WC too well, snail games tried to make dark souls or what ever it names is popular, an early attemp at profiiting off of ark, then came ark park, which i admit is ok and good, then came pixark, now atlas, these were all cheap attempts to make money, knowing wild card they will make a sequal since that scene at the end of ark leaves the option wide open, it will most likely be a cheap unfinished remake or attempt at ark. again no real effort put in, and may i point out if they stopped wasting time on making these games they could have spent it fixing and improving ark, WC are living definitions or procrastinators.

Snail Games own Ark’s IP. They are the ones who are making these games not Wildcard. Grapeshot made Atlas, which is still not Wildcard.

also there was a crunch for primal servial and even a wiki page.

And? Releasing a trailer and people adding something to an unofficial Wiki is not proof of Wildcard promising something.

also again arks state has pushed people to boosted server gameplay or mods. so u saying official is more populated than the rest of ark is complete bull****.  i fell like going on but i need to finsih here for now.

Please point where I said official was more populated? I said “Remember, many PC players only play official so they too are excluded from mods. You and many others repeatedly forget that.“

• Thanks 1