Community Crunch 190: Valguero for Console and Modding Contest Finalists

StudioWildcard

12 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

thank u finally someone gets it, i have no way of gaining money at this time, a pc obtainable in Australia is very expensive, and i should not have to waste a crap ton of money just to be able to get a better quality verison of a game that should be for console, again u spoiled PC players need to buy a console PS$, xbox, switch. buy ark and all of its additions when not on sale and at full price, pay for the memberships to be able to play online, along with the internet itself. then u can go criticizing me and the rest of us console players, until then shove a dodo in it and dont comment. people dont realise there are more console owners in the world than PC owners, when they dis us they dis the biggest poulation of gamers. there are game companies that treat consoles the way it should and some that just crap on it and finger it to the face all while expecting it to pay for its games and other content, that like a bully beating someone than saying to buy them somethin from the canteen. not gonna happen. 

Are there really more console owners than PC owners in the world? I highly doubt that. Site your sources please.

If you source your own parts and build your own computer, you don't have to spend anywhere close to $2000 on a solid computer. A  1080 will still play ark. You don't have to purchase bleeding edge equipment.

• Like 1

Wildcard the 2 people who finished the valguero map created a mod that is very dope and u guys didn’t allow in the actual game because it took value from the other maps like aberration and it would be difficult to run on console however honestly nobody really cares bout old maps and the addition to valguero sounds great and would make more ppl want to play the game. Plz make it happen I know u can do it(btw it’s the mod that adds the tek cave and aberrant deinonychus, rock drakes, ice works, etc. it sounds really cool and if u make it an official update for the near future us console players will be able to access it)

15 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

I cant stand spoiled people who dont understand the value of money.  Hundreds of dollars isnt exactly something most people have lying around and the number that do is dwindling.  

So I'm spoiled because I work hard to buy the toys I enjoy? Or I'm spoiled because I understand what saving is? If you don't have a couple hundred or thousand in your bank, then maybe you need to revalue your time, probably shouldn't be spending extra on a luxury like online gaming.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

Lol I play ark on the PS4 and have been since December 2016, haven't used the PC since the "Mists of Pandarea" ruined WoW. Just checked in Australia and the cheapest brand new gaming PC would run $1200, used I could grab one for a few hundred. 

Your data plans are incredibly awesome, I wish that we in Canada got internet plans like Australia. We pay the some of highest prices for internet globally.

I really want you kids that don't pay the bills or work a full time jobs to stop complaining about costs. As soon as you work a 40hr work week and have a mortgage, car payments, and family to take care of then you can complain about costs.

Untrue PC is the biggest gaming community. For someone that has never belonged to the pc group you really should take some of your own advise and not complain about something that have you no experience with, PC gaming that is.  

oh i have a pc, i use it for somethings, the games i play are on a USB stick, and that 1200$ one would be able to run ark but look soooo bad it makes minecraft look better. also my parents pay 70$ a month, the internet is slow cause agian, we live 2 hours away from any big town. and i only have one working parent right now, we may have good plans like unlimited internet for 50-80$ a month, but the connection is still terrible. my parents are too ignorant to realise they could get unlimited internet for the same price. plus even if i did have a good internet set up, i would need to either A: still have to pay for PSN, which i cant. or B: buy a freakin over priced PC to paly ark, i have no others games to even play on PC it would only be ark. so i am not going fork my own parents money just to be able to play ark, they should pick their a**** up and make the console version as good as PC. i have 5 friends with ark on switch, i have even tried it on switch, it is terrible. WC favor PC because they are supposedly the biggest contributers, well that is not true, console players need to pay more for the game, let alone able to play online. PC ark is always on sale 80% of the time 70% at least. while us console players need to wait till a big event like christmas, easter, 4th of july, halloween, thanks giving and so on. even then the sale for console is crap. all i want is atleast a crunch on here that confirms if u people even care for us console players. so far it seems not, i mean when the dlc's came out console was last, cause WC was too busy focusing on PC. valguero comes out in what 1 or 2 days, the PC people got the event on the map and us console players dont. what is next, us console players dont get fear evolved or Christmas.

let me rephrase, there are more console gamers than PC gamers, people may have a pc but with all these modern games needing so much to run people would rather use consoles, because half the time they are as good on console as they are on pc, but in WC case that is not true, all i want is for console to be ass good as it can be, give us the cintent we need, release new content on the same date as PC for us. these little things can make a big difference, and u dont even need to try much.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Kodking194 said:

oh i have a pc, i use it for somethings, the games i play are on a USB stick, and that 1200$ one would be able to run ark but look soooo bad it makes minecraft look better. also my parents pay 70$ a month, the internet is slow cause agian, we live 2 hours away from any big town. and i only have one working parent right now, we may have good plans like unlimited internet for 50-80$ a month, but the connection is still terrible. my parents are too ignorant to realise they could get unlimited internet for the same price. plus even if i did have a good internet set up, i would need to either A: still have to pay for PSN, which i cant. or B: buy a freakin over priced PC to paly ark, i have no others games to even play on PC it would only be ark. so i am not going fork my own parents money just to be able to play ark, they should pick their a**** up and make the console version as good as PC. i have 5 friends with ark on switch, i have even tried it on switch, it is terrible. WC favor PC because they are supposedly the biggest contributers, well that is not true, console players need to pay more for the game, let alone able to play online. PC ark is always on sale 80% of the time 70% at least. while us console players need to wait till a big event like christmas, easter, 4th of july, halloween, thanks giving and so on. even then the sale for console is crap. all i want is atleast a crunch on here that confirms if u people even care for us console players. so far it seems not, i mean when the dlc's came out console was last, cause WC was too busy focusing on PC. valguero comes out in what 1 or 2 days, the PC people got the event on the map and us console players dont. what is next, us console players dont get fear evolved or Christmas.

Do you have a job?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

let me rephrase, there are more console gamers than PC gamers, people may have a pc but with all these modern games needing so much to run people would rather use consoles, because half the time they are as good on console as they are on pc, but in WC case that is not true, all i want is for console to be ass good as it can be, give us the cintent we need, release new content on the same date as PC for us. these little things can make a big difference, and u dont even need to try much.

All lies.

19 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Do you have a job?

i breed my own calves and sell them, i breed some animals to sell, i dont get much from it and what i do get i deposit into my bank. 

19 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

All lies.

really, consoles are cheap, easier to use, most games are cheaper and easier to obtain via stores. while i admit pc's are good for gaming, they cost alot and are somewhat harder to set up. once i am employed i plan to save for a pc. if WC just made console ark as or at is best capability it would be fine. but i know for a fact that it is not at its best.

2 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

You still didn't site your sources, as such your statistics (or lack there of) are meaningless.

5 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

You still didn't site your sources, as such your statistics (or lack there of) are meaningless.

Dude this is a web SITE. If you want someone to show you their sources of information you ask them to CITE their sources. Smh. That bugged me so much I registered just to teach you that, and you did it twice. 

Now then..

Listen pc's that play games well do cost a bundle of money no matter where you are on the planet. And how ridiculous is it that people are saying if you want to enjoy ark buy a pc? If a game is available on console and pc I feel that all versions should have the same level of quality. And if a dev company isn't 100 percent committed to providing the same quality product on all systems then they should abstain from releasing it on that system. Take the switch version of the game, they are so many updates behind, even the other consoles, that it's like they are in the middle ages or something and then there is the classic PvP cluster on pc, I mean do console players not want cool PvP clusters? 

Let's say you go to taco bell on the west side of town for lunch. You order some tacos and they come out just as they should be. The next time you get taco bell you go to the store on the east side of town. This time your tacos come with everything but the tortilla shell. Same brand right? Both stores are taco bell and both make tacos but for some reason one store just isn't living up to expectations. This is probably a bad metaphor but this somewhat similar to what's going on with ark on pc and console. Both versions are definitely ark but it seems that the console version has been sort of shoved under the rug like old dirt to be forgotten.

I can't say that gaming consoles outnumber gaming pc's for sure but in my own experience they do. I know 20 or so gamers irl in my area. There were literally 3 of us with pc's. Everyone else has consoles whether it be Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo. If you're looking to game most everyone thinks of a gaming console these days I think. It's cheaper, easier, and chances are all your gaming friends will be there.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BrontoMan said:

Dude this is a web SITE. If you want someone to show you their sources of information you ask them to CITE their sources. Smh. That bugged me so much I registered just to teach you that, and you did it twice.

So I have dyslexia. Sometimes the words just come out phonetically, and no matter how much I proofread, I just don't see the mistakes.?. I don't feel shamed about my language skills, but I do appreciate the correction.

Look, perhaps it's a generational thing, but all my friends (who are engineers/ software people / artists) might have consoles, but they all game seriously on PC. That's the problem with anecdotal data-- you can't draw any meaningful conclusions that hold any weight.

If you make spurious claims with no data to back it up, I'm going to challenge that.

You can buy a good gaming rig for $800-1200. Is that a lot? Yeah, but consoles aren't really cheap either. People keep using straw-man arguments about $2000 Alienware computers, and that's just silly. Hell, my 10 year old laptop can play ark even. I turn down all my graphics settings, and it does okay. Not amazing, but honestly it looks like some of the PS4 screenshots I've seen, so there's that.

Your second statement, about all platforms being equal (or should be) is the more interesting topic. I, personally, don't understand playing a PC designed game on a console, but on the other hand I hate it when I see a cool title just to find that it's exclusive to Xbox, or PS4. So, to not be hypocritical, I'm actually ok with WC trying to cross platforms, because they are trying to be inclusive.

Do I think they should perform equally across all platforms? Maybe, but I don't believe that that is technically feasible due to the core design philosophy of console generational design. Do I think they should have made a mobile (yes I know, mobile isn't made by the same studio) and switch version? No, because you are correct--they don't seem to be able to support those platforms well, and they get left behind. I feel especially bad for switch players.

I feel that console players really want patches/etc to be gated so all platforms receive content at the same time... But I think console players don't always get that we PC players basically act as beta testers--so in theory console players should tend to have a better game experience with fewer bugs.

That said, I do actually think it's pretty crappy that due to event timing, console players do end out missing some content--but in this case, Valguero is a free map, so I feel like there is a lot of entitled anger issues about people getting angry over something they are getting as a bonus. It's a thorny issue all around. I just got tired of the bullcrap statistics being thrown around with no supporting evidence--it servers to detract from more valid complaints.

21 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

So I'm spoiled because I work hard to buy the toys I enjoy? Or I'm spoiled because I understand what saving is? If you don't have a couple hundred or thousand in your bank, then maybe you need to revalue your time, probably shouldn't be spending extra on a luxury like online gaming.

Oh no, i wasnt actually aiming that specifically at you.  I get hard work equals more money, after all i have a home and bills too.  Thing is if you live in a crappy place, with lil to offer, money isnt easy to come by, even with hard work.  These places bleed you, the few that have money bleed those who would try to save, and without money you cant get a proper education or leave.  You spend most of what you have on bills and use the lil scrap you got left in a small pleasure that every human needs to simply survive.  Then someone who has had more opportunity then you or just was luckyer tells you to get a job and grow up.  Like everyone should have this much...World doesnt work that way.  It is a kinda spoiled because your sitting there taking for granted what youve been lucky to have and forcing a slightly snobby attitude and ideal on others.  My response would be, you give up all you own, move to a small mining community after obamas war on coal,  and try to see how far you get from scratch.  Youll see that whatever education you have wont get you far, all the positions are taken, and how nearly impossible it is to get a new education or move back out of the boonies.

The point kodking made that i agree with is how the game industry bleeds people and treats its customers poorly.  Its to be accepted that pcs are better then consoles.  I dont blame wc for a lack of mods, its microsoft/sonys fault as well as the lack of system power.  I also dont know if more people own consoles then pcs.  I know i have a console but no pc.  The part i was aiming at with spoiled was how people with a lil bit of money are so willing to blow it, despite whether its actually worth it or not.  Just throw money at it.  Then you expect everyone else to do the same, and if they cant, theyre trash to you.  That is a rich boy snob attitude, like the lil dik kid from cartoons that just throws money around.  Whats worse is despite you working (note: these yous are general yous, not pointed specifically at you) still dont seem to appreciate the actually value and instead of demanding better and helping to achieve a more fair situation for everyone, your money blowing just inflates the industry's abuse of position and gives them a metaphoric its ok to butt rapé us.

8 hours ago, BrontoMan said:

Now then..

Listen pc's that play games well do cost a bundle of money no matter where you are on the planet. And how ridiculous is it that people are saying if you want to enjoy ark buy a pc? If a game is available on console and pc I feel that all versions should have the same level of quality. And if a dev company isn't 100 percent committed to providing the same quality product on all systems then they should abstain from releasing it on that system. Take the switch version of the game, they are so many updates behind, even the other consoles, that it's like they are in the middle ages or something and then there is the classic PvP cluster on pc, I mean do console players not want cool PvP clusters? 

Let's say you go to taco bell on the west side of town for lunch. You order some tacos and they come out just as they should be. The next time you get taco bell you go to the store on the east side of town. This time your tacos come with everything but the tortilla shell. Same brand right? Both stores are taco bell and both make tacos but for some reason one store just isn't living up to expectations. This is probably a bad metaphor but this somewhat similar to what's going on with ark on pc and console. Both versions are definitely ark but it seems that the console version has been sort of shoved under the rug like old dirt to be forgotten.

I can't say that gaming consoles outnumber gaming pc's for sure but in my own experience they do. I know 20 or so gamers irl in my area. There were literally 3 of us with pc's. Everyone else has consoles whether it be Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo. If you're looking to game most everyone thinks of a gaming console these days I think. It's cheaper, easier, and chances are all your gaming friends will be there.

Consoles are still potatoes  when it comes to ark. Save buy a pc soooooo much better game play even the windows 10 version runs 100% better than my one x will ever run...

56 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Consoles are still potatoes  when it comes to ark. Save buy a pc soooooo much better game play even the windows 10 version runs 100% better than my one x will ever run...

Isnt it funny tho?  A consoles sole purpose is to play games.  I feel like if you directed all the potential into gaming you could get pc quality gaming without the cost of a pc.  Think about what all a computer is used for, imagine all that cost and energy being put into gaming.  For what a gaming console is it makes no sense a jack of all trades is out performing a specialist.  Note im not referring to a computer that is a specialist at gaming, just your average computer.  Seems even an average computer out does a console.

• Like 1

Just now, Onimusha759 said:

Isnt it funny tho?  A consoles sole purpose is to play games.  I feel like if you directed all the potential into gaming you could get pc quality gaming without the cost of a pc.  Think about what all a computer is used for, imagine all that cost and energy being put into gaming.  For what a gaming console is it makes no sense a jack of all trades is out performing a specialist.  Note im not referring to a computer that is a specialist at gaming, just your average computer.  Seems even an average computer out does a console.

Yes!! 

• Thanks 1

I just had a great idea.  Why doesnt wc just get modders to do their work for them?  No, im not talking like Center or Rag, or with how the pc players get all the nice things.  Im talking post a request and a reward for creating a 'mod' that fixes bugs.  Example:  wc posts a $100 reward for someone to create a fix to the ascension bug.  Dude goes and creates a mod fixing the problem.  Uploads it to wc.  Wc checks the coding to make sure its safe and doesnt break more things.  If it passes they 'buy' it for $100 and implement it into the game as a patch.  Boom, problem solved and more people buy because your game starts having better quality.  Frankly ark is so unique and amazing at its core that it would probably still be number 1 if it was properly put together.  Heck, can the reward, im sure theres a modder out there that loves this game that would gladly create a mod to fix this for free.  @Jatheish @Cedric

Edited by Onimusha759

2 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

atleast you maybe dealt with progress loss, we didn't so thanks for doing our dirty work to let us have nice valguero lol

10 hours ago, BrontoMan said:

If a game is available on console and pc I feel that all versions should have the same level of quality. And if a dev company isn't 100 percent committed to providing the same quality product on all systems then they should abstain from releasing it on that system. 

The switch version aside, the console and steam versions from the Ark devs are basically the same. Steam is the only version with the mod workshop which is content NOT from the devs and has never been guaranteed to come to console.