General Tips & Tricks - Valguero

d1nk

General Tips & Tricks - Valguero

With Valguero being released to Consoles soon I figure it's a good time to compile any general tips / tricks and or base locations, certain spawn spots, material locations etc into one big thread to (hopefully) reduce some of the spam. 

Ill edit any important info into main post here. Looking forward to any good spots / locations of specifics! 

The massive cave under the waterfalls in the tundra at the western edge of the map is the only base you will need. It has more metal and crystal in one spot than I have ever seen on any other map. It has entrances that can be blocked off with behemoths and no dinos spawn inside. Beavers on the rivers outside. A cave with an artifact in it, along with a blue, a yellow and a red cave crate and no dinos are about 2 clicks away to the east. The only thing missing is rexes immediately outside, but they are in the forested area to the east a bit.

12 hours ago, Moonie1 said:

The massive cave under the waterfalls in the tundra at the western edge of the map is the only base you will need. It has more metal and crystal in one spot than I have ever seen on any other map. It has entrances that can be blocked off with behemoths and no dinos spawn inside. Beavers on the rivers outside. A cave with an artifact in it, along with a blue, a yellow and a red cave crate and no dinos are about 2 clicks away to the east. The only thing missing is rexes immediately outside, but they are in the forested area to the east a bit.

coords of that artifact cave?

Take advantage of boat bases.... it's a perfect map for it since you have a decent sized body of water right in the middle of the map that can get you to all the metal and crystal pretty quickly, and there are no Leeds in the above world to come wreck your boat base, all of the Leeds are in the under world ocean...... speaking of which, as soon as you're able, make some scuba and grab a Megalodon from the overworld and head down to the underworld Ocean to go tame up a Basilosaurus, they are without a doubt the BEST water mount on this map, immune to ALL the scary stuff in the ocean, and tankyer than a Mosa, and unlike other maps, they don't take depth damage on Valguero from going too deep..... with all of the jellies in the overworld water, we're basically talking about free and easy endless supplies of Biotoxin here.

On 7/21/2019 at 11:51 AM, SnowboundGem said:

@d1nk there is a post of deep sea loot crate locations you might want to include in tips and tricks. The added co ords I've not checked out the sea myself. I linked the post incase you want to double check. 

Thank you. Ill get time to edit all this in once more info is provided 

Archived