Ark History

Chaoisia

4 hours ago, Chaoisia said:

Hello,

I've got a few questions to ask about Arks history. Just need to clarify some information for my friend.

Has "Ascended" ranked items always been in the game all the way from the very start?

Has the max level of wild dinosaurs always been "150" on official?

no: First comes the bosses, but they give nothing back in the time, and them tek and them ascention.

max level of dinos befores was 120

4 hours ago, Chaoisia said:

Hello,

I've got a few questions to ask about Arks history. Just need to clarify some information for my friend.

Has "Ascended" ranked items always been in the game all the way from the very start?

Not sure about Ascendant items but I do know Ascendant coloring use to be red.

150 was not always the high end of dino levels. 

9 hours ago, Chaoisia said:

Hello,

5 hours ago, gabrinoel said:

no: First comes the bosses, but they give nothing back in the time, and them tek and them ascention.

max level of dinos befores was 120

The first max level was 30 early on - then 60 for awhile before being moved to 120 for a long time. When The Center was added to Official it was unique for the first while as it was the only official map to spawn level 150 dinos. They changed it across the board later.

When the bosses were first introduced you could summon them at any obelisk and they would spawn in the world, like Extinction titans.  You could bring any tames including Gigas. Tribes would farm the spiders and trap broodmother for Chitin (only way to make paste before dams - frogs was around too but hit and miss) People could and did lure the bosses to people's bases. Brood damaged stone easily and decimated many PvE bases. You had to build out of metal and gates costed a LOT more. Making it hard. It was changed after awhile and boss arenas were made.

When the Tek Cave got added at first it was hated because it ruined the best Metal spot AND the best Alpha base spot in one swoop. When it first was in you just had to run to the end to get the levels. Could just skip the whole cave but you lost everything you went in with. 

I think a few months? Later the Overseer was added and ascension was actually added as the official story. 

Archived