What do you miss?

Cowgirl

What do you miss?

Hi all, just wondering what kinds of things you miss that have changed since the early days. For instance, I miss the trike bounce, I loved that little bouncy run, it was so cute! I also miss the parasaurs humming noise (awwwooowowowowow) and the turtles little squeakish roar when they used to be on follow to you, like yelling "Hey! Slow down!".

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

I miss the Island before it had all the new biomes added to it, such as pre redwoods and the second part of the snow biome. I dont remeber playing before the addition of the swamp or the original snow biome though. 

I remember that cool lake that was on the hill where the redwoods now is, that was a cool place, but once I accidentally raged my giga there because he slid down the hill lol

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Wait dont quetzes still honk ? 

Now that I am thinking about it I don't think they do. I remember once they had moved the honk (attacked noise) into being a general noise they make and it freaked me out for weeks until they changed it back because I was so used to the noise being a reaction to being attacked.

35 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Now that I am thinking about it I don't think they do. I remember once they had moved the honk (attacked noise) into being a general noise they make and it freaked me out for weeks until they changed it back because I was so used to the noise being a reaction to being attacked.

I honestly cant remeber now. The queztal I am listening to atm outside our breeding barn is honking ? But maybe it was honkier lol

I'm new to the game so I don't remember anything different than the way it is now.  But everyone talking about how they fixed this sound and took out that sound give me a rage because all I asked since day one of playing ark is they GET RID OF THE BOSS FITE NOISE.  But they fart around with animal noises instead.  So I get to continue to be shocked out of my wits every time someone goes to fight a boss.  :(

The pre-Leeds days.  Big stupid fish pretty much killed a whole aspect of the game which was very entertaining.  Yeah, yeah... "abuse" and "clutter".  Big deal.

I miss the pre-platform nerf days.  Auto turrets on quetz platforms was awesome, and that's coming from someone who died to them more often than I used them myself.  Wails of the victims spoiled that party, too.

6 hours ago, d1nk said:

I miss paste being a hard to get item. I find the process of grinding chitin rewarding. 

I miss stone being a commodity. Before they added the Doed it wasn't easy to farm. On one occasion we ended up buying 4k worth of stone of some guy for some blueprints and then fetched our blueprints back later that night ;)

8 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

I'm new to the game so I don't remember anything different than the way it is now.  But everyone talking about how they fixed this sound and took out that sound give me a rage because all I asked since day one of playing ark is they GET RID OF THE BOSS FITE NOISE.  But they fart around with animal noises instead.  So I get to continue to be shocked out of my wits every time someone goes to fight a boss.  :(

I know those feels lol the first time I ever heard it it was like 2 and a half years into the game and it scared the heck out of me! I was playing around on a new server and all the sudden WHOOSH! lol

In terms of PVP what I miss is the small tribe combat that flourished in the early days. There was no real big tribes on most servers and since everyone was new to the game everyone was still trying to figure out the best way to do things. Back then as well the balance of the game seemed far better. The player base was more active as well, most servers were 70/70 every night of the week. The servers were very active you would across heaps of bases and other players with just a few minutes of exploration. Today sadly on most servers its like a ghost town..

Also in general dinos were a lot less tanky because the max wild level was only 30 and there was no breeding and saddles hadn't become stupidly strong just yet. The effect of this was that while on foot you were still at a disadvantage vs someone riding a dino, however they still couldn't just run around casually taking tonnes of shots to their body and keep carrying on as they can now. The player weapons felt like they were relevant and balanced properly against the stats of the dinosaurs. The game back then definitely rewarded player skill and tactics a lot more then it does now. Today it mostly comes down to who has the better dino stats, saddle or armor. Also flyers were fairly rare and limited in choice and were not these thing silly flying tanks that they are today.

I remember on one particular occasion I'd chased this guy to his wooden house house and he ran inside shutting the door. I began chopping the door. He then suddenly opened the door and I ran in and he then placed a wooden spiked wall behind me where the door was effectively trapping me inside. A melee fight insued inside which I won with a few health points remaining. He then respawned in an adjacent room and started dumping stuff out of boxes while I tried to bash the door down. Eventually I broke in and killed him but most of the stuff was gone. Very rude of him.

I miss the feeling you get starting in an unknown environment not knowing what to do. Running from everything even a harmless trike. The first ever log into a new map.

I've started over again that many times I'm up running base set up and tames going before the first night sets in. 

Looking forward to the next map.

Archived