What do you miss?

Cowgirl

I started ARK shortly before the Flyer Nerf.  and there are very few things that I miss, considering all of the enhancements and additions to the game.  (or I just don't remember the change enough to miss it)

But I do miss, the first weekend awe of discovering the game for the very first time. Exploring The Island, and encountering my first tickle chicken (repeated death) and trying to tame the glowing red raptor (lots o' death)

4 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I started ARK shortly before the Flyer Nerf.  and there are very few things that I miss, considering all of the enhancements and additions to the game.  (or I just don't remember the change enough to miss it)

But I do miss, the first weekend awe of discovering the game for the very first time. Exploring The Island, and encountering my first tickle chicken (repeated death) and trying to tame the glowing red raptor (lots o' death)

I remember our first Freddy Krueger/tickle chicken to you. I was shooting it but my husband for some strange reason was shot up into the air to max height and subsequently slammed into the floor to his death. Couldn't ever figure out why this happened, he was about 30 meters behind me and nowhere near an animal. The ark god's just had it in for him.

I miss how the argent used to lvl up.  *bouncing* raaaa raaaaaa.  Reminded me of my parrot rosie, when she got excited.  Darn animation used to make me laugh so much, always looked forward to lvling up rosie, the argy.  Now it just sounds like its trying to bark...And failing like the duck on babe trying to do a rooster call.

I also miss the days where I didn’t know what to do. I still remember my first time on the island! 

I remember that I at one point got chased by a raptor in the middle of the night, I got away and when the sun came up I thought I would never come back to my base (I had been running for 10 minutes) so I just started building another base, then a couple of days later I looked over the little hill next to the new base and I saw That I never moved very much. I must just have been running in circles lol! And that was my first steps of not being scared anymore ? 

I also remember that I was such a noob, that I thought “taming efficiencies” meant that every time I tamed a Dino, the next of the same species would be a lot easier. I was so unlucky that every Argie I found was higher lvl than the one I found before, so I don’t blame myself for believing that, but I’m happy that I’m on a stage where I just can laugh of all the mistakes I have made in the game?

Archived