Is the Mantis tamable on Valguero?

Hazathal

19 minutes ago, Hazathal said:

Is the Mantis tamable on Valguero?

I've noticed drops include Mantis saddles and the map does have the Mantis on it butt there are no death worms (to my knowledge) which you need something from those to tame the Mantis. Do death worms spawn on Valguero or is there just no way to tame them on that ma? Thanks

I haven't tested, but there's no reason it shouldn't be, either with deathworm horns you've transfered over from another map, or the ones you can get from the iceworms that were added in the Valguero additional creatures mod.

Just now, shadowkyuubi said:

Nope, mantis can't be tamed on Valguero

You're going to need to clarify that,  are you saying they don't give a tame option even when you have deathworm horns to feed them? or are you talking about the lack of deathworm horns in the official map? I feel like I'm going to probably end up testing this myself eventually, because there's no reason it shouldn't be tameable.

1 hour ago, Hazathal said:

Ok so we would need a mod for the ice worms to get the horns to tame a mantis? We were just confused because we kept getting Mantis saddles on Valguero and there are Mantis here but we couldn't find death worms anywhere.

Yeah I'll link the mod(you could always spawn them in with .ini edits as well).... the mod is from the developers of the map, and it's what they originally intended to be on the map.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1786522940

The reason you're seeing alot of Mantis saddles though is because this map uses beacons from all of the Ark DLC, it uses island beacons, scorched beacons, aberration beacons, and its own custom Valguero beacon...... it doesn't seem like the Scorched and AB beacons have been edited to contain loot a little more relevant to the map.... which is why you'll also find alot of tents and stuff like that even though the map doesn't have heatwaves and sand storms.

2 hours ago, Blolfenegergamagarner said:

Yeah I'll link the mod(you could always spawn them in with .ini edits as well).... the mod is from the developers of the map, and it's what they originally intended to be on the map.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1786522940

The reason you're seeing alot of Mantis saddles though is because this map uses beacons from all of the Ark DLC, it uses island beacons, scorched beacons, aberration beacons, and its own custom Valguero beacon...... it doesn't seem like the Scorched and AB beacons have been edited to contain loot a little more relevant to the map.... which is why you'll also find alot of tents and stuff like that even though the map doesn't have heatwaves and sand storms.

Thanks a lot for the information! I really appreciate it and thanks all who responded to my post. :)

14 hours ago, Blolfenegergamagarner said:

You're going to need to clarify that,  are you saying they don't give a tame option even when you have deathworm horns to feed them? or are you talking about the lack of deathworm horns in the official map? I feel like I'm going to probably end up testing this myself eventually, because there's no reason it shouldn't be tameable.

unless u transfer or spawn in deathworm horns, you cant tame them

• 3 weeks later...

Are the Iceworms on XBOX's and PS4's Valguero to or is it a mod that they put in the PC's Valguero? Just asking, cause when I saw that the Iceworm Males can not just be found on Ragnarok, he can also be found on Valguero as well, so I'm sorry if you guys are mad?, I just really want to know if the Iceworm Males can be found on the XBOX's and the PS4's Valguero, please tell me at some point, thanks?.

• 1 month later...

Archived