Xbox one dedicated server not showing up in list

Hey, I have a player dedicated server which is not showing up in the server list. I have been hosting this server since about December and it has worked intermittently. Maybe a handful of times it showed up in the list and I had a bunch of ransoms join but now for the longest time I can't get it to work. I haven't changed anything in the network settings so I doubt it has anything to do with that, besides my NAT  is open and everything seems ok. Can anyone offer any help or hint at what is going on?

We have a list of rules on my server and only allow trust worthy people into the server. That's one of the reasons I want the server in the list is to keep it password protected and allow for admin passwords (I don't even know what admin settings do which is why I want to see what the different password offers) as for allowing people in I will post an ad up for my server to allow people in but the first slip up and you are kicked.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your server not showing up in the player dedicated list has been an issue for a while now. The current work around is to have your friends add the host GT and join off of it. Through my own testing I found that there are a limit amount of slots (around 100 or so) on the PDS list. Your server will appear on this list only if a server already on the list goes down as you launch your server at the same time, taking that servers spot on the list. So in order to get your server on the list, you need to start up your server, check the list, and if it's not there, shut it down and relaunch it again and again until yours appears on the list. It worked for me once in 3-4 resets and once almost 30-35, resets so be patient. Be careful though this is kinda a double edged sword. If you server 'goes public' on a Friday or Saturday night, it may max out on players within minutes and crash. It is also an open door to letting anyone into your server. You get more trolls than real players out of it imo. Good luck and happy hosting!

Archived