The Center pearl cave turret wall

gabrinoel

Fill the whole path that leads down into the cave with turrets. Those turrets are simply placed high up on the cave walls, and they are powered from inside the cave. Fill the ground with purlovias and bear traps. You also want some ps x in there and added to your turret wall (just a few). Then i would add doors to the turret wall so that you can walk and shoot thru at different points. And make a plan for what you gonna do when the enemy sits at the crouch spot that leads into the first hall where you have your turret wall. 

9 hours ago, acat said:

Fill the whole path that leads down into the cave with turrets. Those turrets are simply placed high up on the cave walls, and they are powered from inside the cave. Fill the ground with purlovias and bear traps. You also want some ps x in there and added to your turret wall (just a few). Then i would add doors to the turret wall so that you can walk and shoot thru at different points. And make a plan for what you gonna do when the enemy sits at the crouch spot that leads into the first hall where you have your turret wall. 

the problem is: is in the wall range, so it will count as 100/100

5 hours ago, gabrinoel said:

the problem is: is in the wall range, so it will count as 100/100

You can go above the 100 limit, if the turrets at the wall are above 100 that is fine. When the enemy reaches the wall the turrets in the pathway will be down. Or you put less turrets on the wall. I would not do without turrets covering the path. 

5 hours ago, gabrinoel said:

i just tested and actualy you can pass through it raised

Thats is true, but you can only do so in a small spot so it still slows the enemy down a bit. 

1 hour ago, acat said:

You can go above the 100 limit, if the turrets at the wall are above 100 that is fine. When the enemy reaches the wall the turrets in the pathway will be down. Or you put less turrets on the wall. I would not do without turrets covering the path. 

Thats is true, but you can only do so in a small spot so it still slows the enemy down a bit. 

i didnt through about this, but if they destroy the turret in the path, them the turrets in the wall will not be affected right?

13 minutes ago, gabrinoel said:

i didnt through about this, but if they destroy the turret in the path, them the turrets in the wall will not be affected right?

I dont know how they could be affected. If the turrets in the path are destroyed the turret count at the wall goes down. If they are not destroyed but just drained the count stays the same. In both cases all turrets will fire. 

13 minutes ago, moshbeast321 said:

Build further back, put as much space between the crouch and the turrets as possible (still have a few turrets close to the crouch though).

Good point. But he shouldnt go too far back, he already has a good distance to the narrow spot and a little moat on top of that. Anybody who wants to reach the wall has to use the path at the left side. And he has to make sure that people that manage to rush into the moat get shot as well and cant hide there.

When i did a quick test build in that cave in singleplayer i did not build a wall at all, i used cliff platforms to create hanging turret towers. Those are harder to rush with shield and rocket launcher. Maybe combine that with a wall further back that allows you to hide behind. 

34 minutes ago, acat said:

Good point. But he shouldnt go too far back, he already has a good distance to the narrow spot and a little moat on top of that. Anybody who wants to reach the wall has to use the path at the left side. And he has to make sure that people that manage to rush into the moat get shot as well and cant hide there.

When i did a quick test build in that cave in singleplayer i did not build a wall at all, i used cliff platforms to create hanging turret towers. Those are harder to rush with shield and rocket launcher. Maybe combine that with a wall further back that allows you to hide behind. 

i neglected clif platform hanging turret because i did some tests and is possible to tek riffle it.

3 hours ago, JasonTheCTM said:

The extent PVP players go to hoard their stuff boggles my mind O.o. Not an insult. I'm actually impressed by the ingenuity. Its why I wont play pvp, I'm not that creative nor determined.

Defensive building is my favorite part of the whole game ? finding good spots, thinking of ways to use the possibilities the terrain gives you, coming up with new ideas or combining existing ones. Playing through raid scenarios to see where i have a weak point... 

Archived