single player bosses

PFM

So, I have seen in the patch notes, and on the wiki, that bosses in single player are scaled down to be easier. But I haven't been able to find the specifics anywhere. HOW much easier are single player bosses? Where can I find the numbers for these things? I would like to be able to quantify the difference. 

And if it does make single player bosses easier, then would it be possible for me to reverse this "boss nerf"  by just playing a non-dedicated server for that session instead of single player? Or is that not a thing?

48 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello PFM,

Yes they are scaled down. However if you set official settings they are not. NOT SCALED down. JAT in back of the days wrote how to do it.  Saerch!

My understanding is max difficulty basicly all maxed and single player off

It is possible.

Ariana

Ill correct you here. All bosses in singleplayer are hardcoded to be (67%) as easy (33% easier if I remember correct)

17 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Ill correct you here. All bosses in singleplayer are hardcoded to be (67%) as easy (33% easier if I remember correct)

You are wrong. I done it both official and single player. To be honest not the same but close. 

Maybe I am completely wrong but it looks like the official boss metha is after two years breaks down.

3 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

You are wrong. I done it both official and single player. To be honest not the same but close. 

Maybe I am completely wrong but it looks like the official boss metha is after two years breaks down.

3 hours ago, PFM said:

Now I dont know what to believe!

I am not in this. 

"264.2 - Fixed boss scaling for multiplayer sessions (approximately 67% easier) - Made Baby creatures able to consume from Feeding Trough at appropriate time (when they would gain 10% maturity) while "stasised""

edit: I have also done it on official, sp and hosted servers, solo. Huge difference in SP

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

I am not in this. 

"264.2 - Fixed boss scaling for multiplayer sessions (approximately 67% easier) - Made Baby creatures able to consume from Feeding Trough at appropriate time (when they would gain 10% maturity) while "stasised""

well even "easier" seems kind of arbitrary. Do you know for sure if that still takes affect if I play a non-dedicated session? Because I don't want easy bosses

2 minutes ago, PFM said:

well even "easier" seems kind of arbitrary. Do you know for sure if that still takes affect if I play a non-dedicated session? Because I don't want easy bosses

I would say with 99% certainty its the same because its hosted off a singleplayer session. 

If you want official level bosses just rent a server. Otherwise maybe try tweaking some settings (easy if youre on PC)  and remember dont play with singleplayer settings checked unless you want it stupidly easy.

Best way to know for sure is to research yourself. I know i remember there being numbers in some reddit / STA posts when that patch came out, do a detailed search to find out exactly

52 minutes ago, d1nk said:

If you want official level bosses just rent a server. Otherwise maybe try tweaking some settings (easy if youre on PC)  and remember dont play with singleplayer settings checked unless you want it stupidly easy.

But then, wouldn't renting a server require me to have an entirely new playthrough for this? I wan to use my current dinos/gear to fight non-nerfed bosses. 

2 hours ago, PFM said:

But then, wouldn't renting a server require me to have an entirely new playthrough for this? I wan to use my current dinos/gear to fight non-nerfed bosses. 

You can upload them to your server. Are you on Console? Or PC?

As long as you dont cluster your rented server yet you can download from your SP upload. I used to rent a server for my solo storymode and i would store all my tames I liked on my Rag SP. I could move them seamlessly between (until my sp corrupted.. huge problem) I suggest a rented server. You will have backups to restore, way more customizable environment outside of player/dino/world stats. (Via .ini)

Just throw them all to your rented server and continue. 

Edit: via .ini on a rented server you could even make harder bosses if you wish, lol.

Hello,

In the confusion I forgot to say that my single player game is set as official. Sligtly less xp (0.89). Dino stamina slightly less (1.05). And so on.

I wish from the bottom of my heart they (Studio Wild Bunch) add to single player a official settings button. As the single player settings make it EASY. I can only reference to Therizinosaurus taming that takes so long on official. Period.

So as much as i love ark ARK, I continue to find, exploit and hack the game. I am not a bad person. Just curious how things work. As life I found ARK give insight to life. Period.

Going about it.

Hugging it.

Life is bigger. No question. But ARK is still ARK.

happy summer 

Regards,

Ariana 

10 hours ago, d1nk said:

You can upload them to your server. Are you on Console? Or PC?

As long as you dont cluster your rented server yet you can download from your SP upload. I used to rent a server for my solo storymode and i would store all my tames I liked on my Rag SP. I could move them seamlessly between (until my sp corrupted.. huge problem) I suggest a rented server. You will have backups to restore, way more customizable environment outside of player/dino/world stats. (Via .ini)

Just throw them all to your rented server and continue. 

Edit: via .ini on a rented server you could even make harder bosses if you wish, lol.

is this possible on console?

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I’ll say it again. Bosses are not weaker with single player settings, instead the player and their tamed dinos are stronger.

The only issue is that when compared to official/PC unofficial, bosses on console still have less overall health for some unknown reason.

It was WC's attempt to reel in the casual console storymode players (people that will buy a game just to complete it i.e. skyrim, witcher etc)

When I said 'sp settings make it too easy' I refer to the dino hp / melee mods making it stupid easy.

But yeah, I knew this and didnt reference it on the thread but its good to have written down.

2 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I’ll say it again. Bosses are not weaker with single player settings, instead the player and their tamed dinos are stronger.

The player is not any stronger with single player settings, and "use single player settings" simply makes the dinos stronger but can turned off and on at will independently of the bosses. 

The patch notes specifically state that the bosses in single player are rebalanced. That is clearly independent of the tamed dinos being stronger due to single player settings. Even if you don't check "use single player settings" the bosses are still easier in single player but I made the thread to find how much easier exactly. But saying "Oh it is 33% easier" is completely arbitrary because it's hard to define "easy" quantitatively so I would rather just know how much their health/damage is scaled down but I have yet to find that out. 

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Yes as I stated, when you rent a server. If suggest you google nitrado server ark and read about it. Theyre the bees knees. I play Xbox unofficial.

Seems like it would be much easier to just adjust the damage dealt/received to/by enemies in the settings. The only thing is, I would need to know  exactly how different single player bosses are from official servers to do that. 

53 minutes ago, PFM said:

The player is not any stronger with single player settings, and "use single player settings" simply makes the dinos stronger but can turned off and on at will independently of the bosses. 

The patch notes specifically state that the bosses in single player are rebalanced. That is clearly independent of the tamed dinos being stronger due to single player settings. Even if you don't check "use single player settings" the bosses are still easier in single player but I made the thread to find how much easier exactly. But saying "Oh it is 33% easier" is completely arbitrary because it's hard to define "easy" quantitatively so I would rather just know how much their health/damage is scaled down but I have yet to find that out. 

Seems like it would be much easier to just adjust the damage dealt/received to/by enemies in the settings. The only thing is, I would need to know  exactly how different single player bosses are from official servers to do that. 

No it'd be a lot easier to just rent a server and not worry about any of this. Honestly youre making it a big deal when it isnt :P If you want official level bosses without single player nerf - rent a server. Otherwise dont.

Easy as that. Welcome to console life

4 minutes ago, d1nk said:

No it'd be a lot easier to just rent a server and not worry about any of this. Honestly youre making it a big deal when it isnt :P If you want official level bosses without single player nerf - rent a server. Otherwise dont.

Easy as that. Welcome to console life

I'm too broke and bad with technology to make renting a server easy though lol. 

Archived