Cluster share with same id but different ip/machines

Pinedours

Cluster share with same id but different ip/machines

Hello I've a dedicated server where I have a little cluster with Valguero and The island. Everyhing works.

A friend of me has an other dedicated server with extinction. Same settings form my server.

Two servers are on linux.

Same clusterid, no problem I see the other server where I want to transfer. 

Clusterdiroverride is activated in the two machines. 

But of course impossible to transfer the cluster datas from this directory from my server to the other. 

I saw many big clusters (like the excellent ArkFrance) with different ip's so I suppose there is a way to share this cluster datas folder? 

I saw a guide here

But is it the only solution ? How ark official server works ? Is there a way to upload all creatures and profile informations to another machine on the same clusterid without another software ?

Thx by advance ! 

Pinedours

The machines need a shared folder for the cluster directory, which is easy enough within a LAN (on the same router).

It gets a bit more tricky if the machines are in different geographical locations.  You'd have to consider ping times between the two servers and think about how to handle network loss or lag at either end.

I assume that official servers will be running within VM's, with several VMs on the same hardware.  So it might appear that individual maps are on different IPs, but they're probably on the same physical box - or on boxes very close to each other.

If you get something running, then I'd suggest running some stress tests over a period of time to see how the cluster transfers behave.

Archived