How to defeat Broodmother in Redwoods? Official

FreeEnergyDrink

It's not worth fighting as you don't get anything decent (that's on un-official with vanilla loot settings) 

Last time I beat it I used 4 imprinted and mate boosted megatheriums, took ages and the unridden one's were pretty beat up, when I run the cave now I kite it (or them if 2 have spawned) to the opposite end to the cave entrance and block them off with metal gateways so they can't get to the cave, takes me a few mins to get the artifacts and they've usually de-spawned when I get out

16 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

It's not worth fighting as you don't get anything decent (that's on un-official with vanilla loot settings) 

Last time I beat it I used 4 imprinted and mate boosted megatheriums, took ages and the unridden one's were pretty beat up, when I run the cave now I kite it (or them if 2 have spawned) to the opposite end to the cave entrance and block them off with metal gateways so they can't get to the cave, takes me a few mins to get the artifacts and they've usually de-spawned when I get out

Well that's exactly why im asking for opinions of people doing it on official..

29 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

Settings are exactly the same though, no modified stats, vanilla loot table so makes no difference, if they were different I wouldn't have posted..

For me, it's not always about the loot, I do things all the time just for the sake of doing it and to be able to say I did it, I haven't killed her yet on Valguero, but probably will eventually, just because she's there and "it'll be fun" they said.

3 hours ago, jurassicjoey said:

this broodmother even if it is a mini boss shold give some elment and unlock tek rep 

I agree completely...... the map devs announced an update to Valguero a couple days ago on their discord, so it seems like Wildcard is still letting them update it..... it's possible with enough suggestions we might end up with a better *more worth it* Broodmother.

7 hours ago, Blolfenegergamagarner said:

I agree completely...... the map devs announced an update to Valguero a couple days ago on their discord, so it seems like Wildcard is still letting them update it..... it's possible with enough suggestions we might end up with a better *more worth it* Broodmother.

11 hours ago, jurassicjoey said:

this broodmother even if it is a mini boss shold give some elment and unlock tek rep 

I'm not asking about the loot from spider, but what setup would you recommend to use for the broodmother spider in the redwoods ? :)

33 minutes ago, FreeEnergyDrink said:

I'm not asking about the loot from spider, but what setup would you recommend to use for the broodmother spider in the redwoods ? :)

You can use anything, it's just an optional fight, unlike the ice queen you don't even need to kill it to get to the artifacts and it's just easier to kite away then throw some gateways down while you go in the cave, cave run takes me 3 or 4 mins on a ravager and it's usually de-spawned by the time I get out and demo the gateways

Unless you have a base close by it's not even worth the hassle of taking dinos over to fight it, I took 4 megatheriums over on a quetz platform, none of them have great stats, base are around 6.2k hp & 270 melee, all imprinted and mate boosted, levelled to 10-12k hp and rest in melee, saddles were bang average maybe 45/50 armour, there are some spiders which spawn outside the cave to kill and get the buff but the broodmother doesn't spawn any in while you're fighting so it's hard to keep the buff going, also just be aware that sometimes 2 spawn

38 minutes ago, Blolfenegergamagarner said:

pretty sure an imprinted high level Giga with good melee would make short work of her and there'd be very little risk.

Just tested with a wild tamed Giga.... got her bloody but had to run, she had his hp down very low, had to cryo and fly out on my argy, wasn't an easy escape, lol
He was hitting her like a truck though, 2.9K per bite, I'm sure a 100% imprint with a saddle a little better than primitive would slaughter her.

I'm mostly solo and I have raised some allos from 140 parents. Fully imprinted 5k hp and 400 melee, with a 60 armor saddle. The damage isn't important, you just need to keep your allos alive so stack hp. Spam bleed on the broodmother and she'll die in about 1 minute due to bleed doing damage at a percentage of her health and because she has A LOT, she dies quick.

I'm on official PVE and she's dropped me upgraded bronto and quetzal platform saddle along with bp's for riot gear and even a upgraded night vision goggles bp. Sometimes she doesn't drop anything, I farm her quite often as she does give loot. The cave after her is full of bugs and are great for exp, highly recommend taking a megatharium in there as they boost melee by 300%.

twitch.tv/nickonzo for plenty of clips of me doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived