Community Crunch 189: Public Beta, Mod Contest Voters Giveaway, and On The Horizon

StudioWildcard

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Public Beta

shot2_redux.jpg

Over the past few weeks, we've been noticing increased feedback on balance and changes that affect the PvP meta and the ARK experience in general.  As ARK ages, there will inevitably be changes to the meta that will expose opportunities to fine-tune some of the mechanics and creatures that have been introduced.  Getting your feedback on these changes are valuable as they are often impactful to the community. In anticipation of your feedback, we've created a thread in the General forum for you to provide your input.  Be sure to keep your feedback limited to the changes that are proposed.

If this pilot proves to be successful, we'll look at doing this more in the future when the opportunity presents itself.  We'll be opening an unofficial server for you to test these changes on.

Feedback thread:

How to opt into a beta:

• Right-click ARK: Survival Evolved in your Steam library and select Properties
  • Select the Beta tab to expose branches that are available to switch to
  • Click the drop-down list to select Experimental

experimental.png

After making the selection, your download will begin!

Proposed changes in beta branches:

- Longneck rifle damage adjusted to have armor penetration
 - Fab sniper damage adjusted to have light armor penetration
 - Set Ice Titan freeze to last approximately 12 seconds
 - Plant Y should trap a player or tamed dino for 10 seconds max
 - Adjusted Shadow Steak Saute to no longer increase a players sensitivity to light (all other affects remain the same)
 - Set Forest Kaiju vine grab to not grab Mek riders
 - Prevented Forest Kaiju vine grab from going through Tek Forcefields (it will still grab through mek shields though)

Server Information:

ExperimentalBeta (31.214.128.22)
Admin pw: testing

Mod Voting Giveaway

large.SignedCE_Sized.jpg

Remember to cast your votes for the current mod contest! At the end of the contest, there will be a raffle held for each category. Voting gets you a chance to win an ARK: Collectors Edition box set that has been signed by members of the development team!

On The Horizon

horizon_redux.jpg

There are a number of things on the horizon that we'd like to keep on your radar.

Valguero Console Launch
We're busy finalizing some of the patched for the console release and will be announcing the release date soon!

New Servers
You've been providing lots of feedback on this topic and we've been discussing what the future looks like in terms of new servers/server configurations that may be fun in engaging.  We hope to reduce the legacy server count by the end of summer to provide some new takes on the ARK experience.  More to come!

PVP Balance
The beta that's being launched is part of a larger discussion on game balance and what the current meta is for ARK. We'll be fine-tuning and continually tweaking numbers.

Classic PvP Season 2
A new season for Classic PvP will be coming soon.  There will be more details on what this includes in the future.

Opening Transfers for Valguero
You'll be able to transfer out of Valguero starting later today.  You will be able to begin transferring into these servers at the beginning of October.

Official Server Saves
The Great Migration and updated legacy saves for live PvE servers will be available this week

Summer Bash

Article_Thumb.jpg.89fee29bddd74217a288a3

Summer Bash started behind schedule for most platforms so we're happy to announce we'll be exending the event rates until 7/19. These rates will be in place until the EVO event begins on 7/19 (the EVO event will include Valguero.

Evolution Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.png

There will be no EVO event while Summer Bash is live.

Until next time!

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

• Wildcard Community
1 minute ago, Keve1992 said:

Soon? You mean by the end of this year! Why is it so hard to bring something out on all plats at the same time? You now how microsoft and sony work 

We work with external partners to bring ARK to PS4.  So it's making sure all teams are ready and on the same page/ready to launch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Facepalm 1

eta for valguero transfer outs open up?
waiting the whole day allready :P

edit.: 
"
You'll be able to transfer out of Valguero starting today.  Transfers out will come at the beginning of October." typo in the second sentence`? transfers in are at the beginning of october....

Edited by Senzir

You guys do this every time! Why even bother telling people a date until you actually are ready to drop a new map. I've played this for years so I'm used to you saying a date which actually turns out to be months later but it kind of gets a bit old. The only thing you seem to be able to do without fail is deliver unfinished maps that continually sausage out. Well done WC.   

• Facepalm 1

• Wildcard Community
22 minutes ago, Senzir said:

eta for valguero transfer outs open up?
waiting the whole day allready :P

edit.: 
"
You'll be able to transfer out of Valguero starting today.  Transfers out will come at the beginning of October." typo in the second sentence`? transfers in are at the beginning of october....

Fixed, thanks!

27 minutes ago, Cedric said:

We work with external partners to bring ARK to PS4.  So it's making sure all teams are ready and on the same page/ready to launch.

So WCs excuse for delays or refusal to name release dates is lazyness and poor communication?

Here's an idea chain the programers to their desk and taze them to stay awake and get the job done already, console players get the short end of the stick and that end covered in dung no less in this game every patch or update and shouldn't have to anymore with cross platform play.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

54 minutes ago, MayZBallZ said:

You guys do this every time! Why even bother telling people a date until you actually are ready to drop a new map. I've played this for years so I'm used to you saying a date which actually turns out to be months later but it kind of gets a bit old. The only thing you seem to be able to do without fail is deliver unfinished maps that continually sausage out. Well done WC.   

They can’t win. July has 31 days and we’re on day 8/9 and you still complain.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

31 minutes ago, wrath435 said:

So WCs excuse for delays or refusal to name release dates is lazyness and poor communication?

Here's an idea chain the programers to their desk and taze them to stay awake and get the job done already, console players get the short end of the stick and that end covered in dung no less in this game every patch or update and shouldn't have to anymore with cross platform play.

Wow aren't you a barrel of sunshine. What kind of person suggests something that cruel, angry or not. Messed up. 

• Like 2

I love this game but it’s like you guys only care about pc. Console players have been asking for new servers since classic came out. Just the fact that you guys are planning a season two of classic makes me extremely mad. Console and pc players both spent $60 on this game, but console is just an after thought to you guys. Pc gets a new cluster every 6 moths at most, plus they got extinction and valguero before console. I want to tell my friends to buy this game but I can’t. I don’t like playing unofficial but small tribes has server alliances that make it practically impossible to build up without getting wiped. I didn’t buy this game to play with 200 other people either I bought it to mess around with my friends and have fun. Just please get your head out of your butt and listen to your community. 

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 2