Is it hard to tame a Giga?

iosman123

5 hours ago, Servine said:

Wow some people can really over complicate this, 4 dino gates high grade flak or riot armor if not then flak should keep you from getting one shot but the second will kill you and break most of your gear a bair trap (optional) a friend (optional) lots of tranqu arrows (be prepared to stand there 5 to 10 minutes once the sucker is out let his/her torpor drop low (until it starts to feel unconfertable) pump about 200-400 narcotics in (bit waistful but it's easier than pressing e every 2 seconds) then boom all you need is kibble pop by from time to time to drug it again ( I wouldn't leave it too long ) and you have a giga and all you need to do to keep it from rampaging is feed it,not a problem since it can gather meat like crazy (little extra note : I play on a X3 server so it will just take longer to tame on vanilla besides that this method will work but best place to do this is to build a wyvern trap out of metal on ragnarok and use that rather than lugging around the dino gates

If you pump enough narcos once torpor has fallen enough you will never need to pump more.

lvl 150 giga will stay down for over 5 hours if you pump 2400 narcos when torpor is close to depleted.

I feel like everyone is terrified of gigas. There are many ways to tame a giga, some of the best ones are the ones explained by a YouTube channel that makes videos about how to do things in ark called Nooblets. I've tamed multiple gigas by myself and the easiest way to do it is with a quetz and a platform saddle. Another way, is o use a glider suit if it is allowed in the map. Since gigas are almost only found on or near mountains, it isn't hard to grapple to the top and continuously jump off and glide while shooting it. You don't really have to take care of it other than food and narcotics, other dinos will not attack it (this is also explained by Nooblets). When you manage to tame it, just keep it in a safe, enclosed area, ceiling and all, especially if you're in PvP, as they rage when shot with missiles or explosions. Other than that they are completely safe to have around other dinos. When riding it, stay away from jumping off of cliffs, no matter how small. Avoid them at all costs, as this will quickly fill it's rage meter. Be sure to pack enough supplies, and don't make it swim, a megalodon killed one of my high level gigas 10 minutes after being tamed and after I had crossed the map when I was almost at my base. Have fun!

P.S.: the level of the giga doesn't really matter much because it doesn't scale as well as other dinos do.

Giga was actually my third tame in all of ark . This can be done with raw meat narcotics and a prim crossbow. Contrary to what anyone else might say. If you go balls out on an 8 hour excursion like this and are lower level. Bring a bunch of clubs that's the only way you will keep him asleep. Also fyi a raptor will supply him enough meat for the tame.... dont get bit 

Archived