Death of your first tame

Death of your first tame

I don’t thought I would create this thread to see what kind of responses I would get. What was the first Dino you tamed and what did you do when it died. My first tame was a Lystrosaurus and I named him Junior. I had tamed him on a single player server (island) and I was just starting out. I decided to explore the area near the red obelisk. While exploring the area near Cragg’s island, a sarco attacked. I ran away, but then I realized that Junior wasn’t fast enough. I ran back and threw all 10 spears at him. It was not enough to kill the sarco. “Your Lystrosaurus, Junior, was killed by sarco...” I ran away and swore vengeance. Now that I have a Rex I am going out to go look for the sarco to kill. I am planning to use cheat commands to give myself the taxidermy kit to show proof of my avenging my poor, poor, Junior. 

My first ever tame was a dodo named Dopy. I ended up dying before I got very far with him and I have NO idea what happened to him, back then (2015) tames were in "aggressive" mode post tame so you had to change them OFF of it. I did not know this so he could have been killed by anything really. Second tame was a parasaur, that I still have, I treated her like glass and she is one of my most precious dinos because of being the first. The first dino LOSS I remember was a dimorphodon named Toothless. I accidentally angered a pair of ankies and he went to town on them. I tried to whistle him off but I was still very new to the whistle commands so I didn't know I needed to whistle him to passive so he would actually follow me.

Dilo in SP Island.

Actually it was a few, I tamed them to protect me from snakes in swamp. They did their job well, I messed up my part.

Dilos started to attack titanboa and accidentally spit on paracer in process. I didn't know about whistles so couldn't set them to passive to tun away and regroup. All diols died protecting me and I ran away like a coward.

I don't remember the for sure first tame lost.  I'm almost sure it would have been a dodo.

But the earliest I can remember being bummed out big time, was My first Argy,  it was like level 100 pre-tame, which was amazing high for me at the time. I had spent weeks killing Rexs with it, and was feeling all powerful.  then I saw my first Giga, it was level 10 or something really low, so i thought ... this will be easy.

We got gitched into the giga , and it killed us both in about 4 chomps.

sad times man, sad times. 

My beloved dodo named Gay Bowser. I was living in the south and decided I should find a better spot to live, so decided to take all my dinos and head north. That lead us right into the swamp. About 20 steps in and I die to a sarco. There was no death message for any dinos, but I didnt know that was a thing (as I had never lost a dino). A few weeks later I had gotten over my loss, and was flying over the swamp on a my ptera when I saw the dreaded red text, Gay Bowser had finally died. I choose to believe he had been fighting off the swamp critters the whole time and not that I just hadn't rendered the area.

I tamed a dilophosaurus that I named something rather inappropriate related to the dinosaur's name. He was my first tame, and I was proud of myself for knocking it out with my wooden club and after all these things caused me so much trouble, it was cool to know I have one on my side now. Then I tamed another one. I felt I was invincible now that I had these things by my side. I could manage to defeat Trikes and turtles easily this way it seemed. 

But one time, I was coming home, and my dilos happened to cross paths with a Gigantopithicus. It was pissed. They fought back, and I thought we could beat em. It absolutely slaughtered both of them without a second thought. It was a very sad day. To honor his name, I named the next Dilo the same name with "Jr" attached to it this time, even if it doesn't actually make sense lineage wise. And he still collects dust at my base to this day. 

(Sorry for bad English) My first tame? A red Parasaur named Robert (yeah I'm a big fan of Robert Downey Junior). I remember that I used him for literally anything. Someday me and my friend were exploring the south zone of the map (me with Robert and him with a Pteranodon, our first Pteranodon) when an Alpha Raptor attacked us. At the time I didn't know what Alphas were, so i thought it was only a big raptor with a strange skin. I jumped off Robert, the Raptor ran towards us hitting me, Robert was set on aggressive, so it attacked the Raptor distracting it. Me and my friend fled but Robert didn't survive. Robert sacrificed himself for me, my friend and the Pteranodon, I will always remember you big boy, Thanos Raptor is dead now, you can rest. (Oh it's now a "tradition" for me name my Parasaurs like Iron Man/Robert Downey Junior/Pepper Potts/his successor)

Earliest one of any impact that I can recall was on the Island. I had tamed a dilo squad, had a raptor to ride, and a trike for berries. One day, I was traveling back to my base in the Footpaw region and something caught my eye. It was at a safe distance down the beach, and it looked like a dino with some type of cloud around it. I used my spyglass and saw that it was an Alpha Raptor, level 10. I didn't know anything about Alphas at the time, but it sure seemed ominous. Plus, I watched for awhile, and it kept getting closer to my base. Soon there was no doubt, I needed to act.

I sprinted back to base on my raptor and put the trike (Hemi) and the dilo squad (Dilly, Dally, Shilly, Shally, and a couple others) on follow. We then went out to remove the threat. Thank goodness the alpha was such a low level. I still lost most of my dilos and almost lost the trike as well, but we managed to defeat it. A bittersweet victory it was, though, as I had a sad over losing my dilos.

i rimember my f1st tame, bak then (like a month ago) i had just started out on the rag and i was fresh wid my singleplayer server after a while i made a raft and set sale for a journey to the desert around the wyvern cave i could see the desert and i was excited to get some scortched earth tames when i saw a massive lightning wyvern it looked like a white pigon and then i thought to myself "wow i wish i hade a dragon" and then it hit me, i could tame a pteranodon and go in their and grab a dragon egg and thats what i did i found a low level pteranodon slapped a saddle on it and grabed me a level 150 egg! i was so happy when i brought the egg back i named my pteranodon wyvern, the queen of the skies. (the pteranodon was a she) and started incubating the egg when the baby hatched out wyvern, my pteranodon grew very close to the hatchling, it was then i realised wyvern was the adopted mother of the baby! after it had grown up wyvern and white wings (the baby) were inseperable, it was the mother and son bond that no one could break until one day i was harvesting metal under the feat of a massive titanosaur, thinking that we would be safe under neath the lumbering giant, until a menacing dilo attacked me whilst i was harvesting wyvern rushed to my aid... but unfortunatley she nipped at the titanosaurs ankle the titanosaur turned and i looked into its eyes, which were red with anger. the collusus reared onto its hind legs and with a loud thump me the dilo and wyvern were wiped from existence i spawned at home and gave white wings the bad news. we quickly flew over and started zapping the titan but it was no use, white wings needed to land for stamina. but the titan hit us when we  wernt looking and soon we were arked into the terrain. stuck and with no stamina i said goodbye to white wings and with one last stomp white wings and i were wiped. spawning at my base i realised i had one mission and one mission only.. vengeance. for the next couple of months i prepped, taming rexes gigas brontos, anything big enough to fight by the end i had 37 rexes, 8 spinos, one giga, 5 brontos, countless raptors, a legion of argies and 14 piggies. i lined my troops up to fight the behemoth and told them that this was the most honorable way to die. hitting my war drums i whistled attack, and it was a blood bath my brave raptors had gone in to attack and with 2 hits, almost all of them had died. in the end we had won but we had suffered massive loss. 3 rexes had survived and the giga, but that was it. that day went down in honour of white wings wyvern and for the noobs of rag.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, butwhytho said:

i rimember my f1st tame, bak then (like a month ago) i had just started out on the rag and i was fresh wid my singleplayer server after a while i made a raft and set sale for a journey to the desert around the wyvern cave i could see the desert and i was excited to get some scortched earth tames when i saw a massive lightning wyvern it looked like a white pigon and then i thought to myself "wow i wish i hade a dragon" and then it hit me, i could tame a pteranodon and go in their and grab a dragon egg and thats what i did i found a low level pteranodon slapped a saddle on it and grabed me a level 150 egg! i was so happy when i brought the egg back i named my pteranodon wyvern, the queen of the skies. (the pteranodon was a she) and started incubating the egg when the baby hatched out wyvern, my pteranodon grew very close to the hatchling, it was then i realised wyvern was the adopted mother of the baby! after it had grown up wyvern and white wings (the baby) were inseperable, it was the mother and son bond that no one could break until one day i was harvesting metal under the feat of a massive titanosaur, thinking that we would be safe under neath the lumbering giant, until a menacing dilo attacked me whilst i was harvesting wyvern rushed to my aid... but unfortunatley she nipped at the titanosaurs ankle the titanosaur turned and i looked into its eyes, which were red with anger. the collusus reared onto its hind legs and with a loud thump me the dilo and wyvern were wiped from existence i spawned at home and gave white wings the bad news. we quickly flew over and started zapping the titan but it was no use, white wings needed to land for stamina. but the titan hit us when we  wernt looking and soon we were arked into the terrain. stuck and with no stamina i said goodbye to white wings and with one last stomp white wings and i were wiped. spawning at my base i realised i had one mission and one mission only.. vengeance. for the next couple of months i prepped, taming rexes gigas brontos, anything big enough to fight by the end i had 37 rexes, 8 spinos, one giga, 5 brontos, countless raptors, a legion of argies and 14 piggies. i lined my troops up to fight the behemoth and told them that this was the most honorable way to die. hitting my war drums i whistled attack, and it was a blood bath my brave raptors had gone in to attack and with 2 hits, almost all of them had died. in the end we had won but we had suffered massive loss. 3 rexes had survived and the giga, but that was it. that day went down in honour of white wings wyvern and for the noobs of rag.

Whatever you're smoking and whatever language you are smoking it in.

Can I have some?

Man, That would be a while back, I don't even remember what I did when my first tame died. I remember it was a dilo me and my friend had two together. His was named Magma and I can't remember what mine was named. They probably died trying to protect me while I ran in fear letting them sacrifice themselves. That's what I do now if I'm not able to outrun the threat with the tame. I know, I sound horrible but it's true.

during beta on sp. it was a dilo lvl 30. killed me so i respawned  and started punching it to have revenge. knocked it out and ended up taming it. died against another dilo lvl 80. Now for a tame i actually spent time on was a lvl 150 wild argent who i lvled up to 220. saw a giga in the area around the blue ob and decided to try and tame it.....when giga's were op. i got killed by the giga from falling down too close to it. respawned at me base and realized my argent was on neutral. flew back on a pteranodon just in time to see my argent die. beautiful orange, yellow and red flames. Have yet to see another one with the the exact pattern of colors. Was named Wildfire. So until i see another one with the same colors and wild lvl....i will never name another argent Wildfire again.

My first tame was a Ptera I named Saber. Once when I thought I lost him hitting the water, I was pretty upset about it. He literally disappeared into thin air, and I figure he may have glitched under the map. He wasn't anywhere close by to be found. After a server reboot someone found him nearby. Some time later I realized how outdated he had become... not a great tame to begin with... and not having cryopods at the time, I put him down myself. It's funny how you can get attached to certain tames, but then later on you learn to stay detached more so. 

Archived