Death of your first tame

can't remember my very first tame but do remember my most recent fresh start.

On Valguero PVE I chose to start a new character, things started off simple, attempting to build a small hut and kept getting pillared by people who blocked my efforts, then after the 5th attempt got a little 2x2 hut built and started killing dinos for a bed, then a boat.   I built myself a Rex pen on the boat and headed out, surveying the shore lines as I had seen many rexes along the coast and felt it would be a good idea to get one of these little guys on my side.  after a few hours searching a found a level 135 and lured it onto the boat,   The boat worked perfectly, because of how it was built, the rex couldn't bite me and I could still sail the boat with it in it.  Taking my time I slowly sailed the boat back to my base, making sure not to lose the rex in the process.   After getting it back to my base I managed to knock it out, and a couple people on the server were nice and got me some mutton so that I could get the best tame out of it I could.  I was proud to have a rex as my first dino on the server, and it felt good to of gotten something done that could help me tame and defend my base.   After getting the rex out of the boat,  I parked it next to my base in neutral mode, and headed out to get some materials so that I could start building a little wall around my base to stick some key dinos in for building (anky, doedic, ptera, argy).  a total of about 15 minutes passed and I was at my base working when out of no where a alpha rex appeared and ate my rex before I could do anything.   I was devastated,  my only dino tame and it was wiped by a alpha that ignored all the other dino's around my little area and went strait for my tame, there was nothing I could of done to save it.  This happened 4 more times and I was about to quit the map as every time I started making a small advancement, up popped a alpha rex and ate everything.

Before anyone says "location location"  I had actually managed to build the little starter hut on the newbie island.  after awhile of this happening several players found that it wasn't a 'random spawn' that was causing it, rather someone was pulling them on top of us, after the people who were on the island got walls built around their small bases to protect them somewhat from the alpha rexs,  they magically stopped showing up and Wyvern started getting drawn to the island.

It took 1 person to ruin the fun for many people.  Kiting is a issue, and has been for awhile,  How they manage to get these guys to pull I have no idea, I usually end up with dino's running away from me rather then following me when im trying to get them into a taming pen, even last night, trying to lure a 150 rex into a taming pen while on foot and it kept running away from me, go figure.  Anyway I'm still playing on the valguero map, several power tribes have banned together and have been helping the smaller tribes defend against these people who have been pulling dino's.

My first tame on PC was a jerboa, and it died to a raptor while I was building an Adobe hut. 

My first tame that died was a pteranodon that I had on the switch. Since I didn't have argens at the time, I would bring two pteras with me for metals runs. So I land for stamina do that a terror bird army can attack me, and my second pteranodon gets killed. (RIP Satan) I fly off on my second pteranodon, only to be murdered by a thyla. At first I thought that that pteranodon must've died too, but days later I was running around with my dilo army and then a big fat "Terra was killed by a thylacoleo" shows up on my screen... RIP Terra lol.

Mine was a Trike... can't remember his name ATM. But I spent forever taming him on the Island, it was the first week ark released. 

I couldn't even make a saddle for him so he just followed me around carrying my harvested materials.

Eventually I found a cave rich with metal, I explored it first and cleared the danger. I ran to the surface and told him to follow. He got stuck in the doorway and I had to kill him just to get out...

• 10 months later...

Hello I just playing ark for a halve year now, I had a argentavis I got it from lvl 56 and lvled her up above 100+. So I wanted a dire bear i saw a lvl 45 black bear and that was the one I wanted!! So I was flying straight to the dire bear and hit him once!!! and when I tried to flee he knock me of my argentavis ,,my argenT died in one hit but I was stuck far away from home :( and the black bear was chasing me!!! after al long run of hits I knocked the bear down saved his but twice from a terror bird and a Troodon (lvl15/lvl5.. while he was knocked..

,when I tamed my poh he got killed by tiny dragonflies or lellebells as we called them in Europa.. I was pist because I don’t stand a chance against anything so I dropped a sleep bag and got my spino to get my stuff back... can’t use Dino’s only to farm a hundred yards from my base otherwise I will lose all my high stat Dino’s.

this is on a legacy server

so everything goes as slow as it need to be why nerf it then?? 

Kind Regards, 

Zulh.

• 4 months later...

On my Crystal isles server I tamed a Sarco and named him Steve Irwin, he was my 1st tame on the server and he was like a level 50, KO'D with slingshot. I didn't have the saddle yet so I ran and he followed, then a kapro (130) got me .after I died i went back and he was getting mauled by 2 kapros and a baryonyx. RIP my boy

Archived