Threatening to report me for pillaring on Val.

Jemcrystal

I made a log cabin next to a lake with about 25 give or take pillars leading to the lake.  I don't want anyone building on that particular path to the lake.  There is land EVERYWHERE free for the taking.  But everyone on the entire server is hyper focused on my pillars saying they will all ban together as one to report me and get me banned from the game.

This pillar hating needs to stop.  It's not smart and does not make any sense.  

And one of them was laughing in chat saying once the Game Master delete's me they are going to come in and take the spot for themselves.

6 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

I made a log cabin next to a lake with about 25 give or take pillars leading to the lake.  I don't want anyone building on that particular path to the lake.  There is land EVERYWHERE free for the taking.  But everyone on the entire server is hyper focused on my pillars saying they will all ban together as one to report me and get me banned from the game.

This pillar hating needs to stop.  It's not smart and does not make any sense.  

And one of them was laughing in chat saying once the Game Master delete's me they are going to come in and take the spot for themselves.

I kinda see it like this..... these kind of things only happen on official because it's so soulless and impersonal..... on a dedicated server, the admin decides what's fair or not on a case by case basis, if someone had a problem with how much space you were taking up, it would all get resolved peacefully and without all the toxicity that has been a huge part of official since day one.
I guess what I'm really trying to get at is this..... play Unofficial, find a good dedicated server with a good group of people and never look back.

It depends on how big the area is, why don't you just build a pathway leading to the water, make it look a little nice and put pillars on the side of them. 

GM's also don't wipe you unless you pillar in other players with the intention of stopping them from building and harassing them.

Just build a nice pathway to the water and put pillars next to them and the GM's won't complain because they are part of your whole base.

Also you have to understand that pillaring is raptoring horrible and ruins PVE servers to a degree, people claim land that they just want to have.

Planning to build on that spot in the future (you yourself don't even know when) is not reason enough to pillar. 

The only pillaring that is acceptable are pillaring paths, some rare spawns like basilisk, reapers, kairukus on ragna (only 1 spawn point) and resource spots like oil veins so that people don't build around them and block them off.

If I actually cared that much, I would report everyone on Vulg who just pillars really huge parts around his tiny little base.

Archived