If there was an ARk 2

Ymhotep

Suggestion

If there was an ARk 2

Got a little bored today, so I to entertain myself I desided to write down my suggestions for an ARK 2 (dont know if WC will ever make one, but you never know :) )

1. Less animals

The wariety of dinos and historic animals is amazing and they are all cool, but the number of them in the world is just too much. Especialy when half of them are everywhere... And as time passed, older dinos became useleles, mostli decor in your base. I think the number of animals on release sould be ap. 30 max 40 and adding one or two new creature every few months. 

2. Reform taming

Knock down taming is fun and sometimes challanging, but it doesnt make any sence. It could be replaced by a more traditional way of taming animals. Finding the young. Go to a nest or a herd/pack and grab the little runt. But the animal should not be put in the inventory, you could carry it in your hands, so you cant use any tools or weapons while you run. And of course some animals are big even as babys, so youll need other animals (an argie for example) to carry it for you. And dont forget, that other members of the herd/pack wont like it, when you steel ther young. So you got your baby to your base. Now what? Put it in a taming pen, put some food in it and wait. After some time, the little runt will tame. Then you need to wait some time to grow up. Stealing eggs could be an option too, just for higher lvl (there could be an engram for example at lvl 40 for an incubator). 

3. Decor

Just simply more decor options. Rugs, carpets, tropies, more tipes of beds and other furniture. We all want our base to look cool. :)

4. TEK

People love it or hate it. I love Sci-fi, but it just dont fit the original ARK eviroment, that we played during the EA. There where the mistery of the obelisks and the implant in the hand, but Iron man armor, alien like build tear, teleporter and stuff, that was a bit too much i thinkg. Some TEK could stay and be a reward for a boss. But not as an engram, but just as an item like laser rifle or an TEK saw or something like that. No uber OP Power armor or a Rex with laser cannon (cool, but ridiculus).

5. Bosses

The bosses in ARK are epic, but the need for an army of 15 generation of bred T RExes for being able to kill them is just... well you know. There could be bosses like this, I dont mind, but not only them. Smaller bossed, that you cant bring your animals for help (Ancient Dilo in a cave, standing in the middle and spitting on you, so you have to use cover to not get hit and shoot him from a far) or the need for a specific animal for the fight (Circle arena with a Prime T-Rex, where you need a galimimus, one guy to ride it and the other to shoot the boss. If the catches you... insta kill or something like that.)   

6. Story

The story of Helena, Rockwell, Mei and other was very good, I liked reading it. But the games story progres is just terrible. If there will be an ARK 2, there should not be a story progres, just the backgrond. Helenas dino dosiers where my favorite. The explorer notes sould tell just a story for the local map. (Like Rila in SE, but with a better, less catastrophic ending).

So thats about it, my small ideas for ARKs sequel. Thanks for reading and sorry for the bad english. :)  

2 replies to this server topic

We discuss this topic quite often for fun on the cluster I admin and play in. If, when, and what an Ark 2 could be 

Some things that ring true in nearly every conversation are. 

1. More building supplies. Much like what you mentioned with more decorative pieces. But also some useable ones. A cart that can carry items, different workstations (such as a saddle crafting table and a builders table as apposed to both together), more building pieces in look and use.

2. More Tool and Weapon options. Primitive plus has a few- and we would love to see them added. And while applying a skin for a new look is fun, it would also be nice to simply be able to craft something different. (Broad sword vs samurai sword). 

3. Further evolution to items. When you really consider how weapons evolve it is really odd. For a hatchet- there is stone and metal. For a sword- there is metal and tek... and to get an upgrade you can't just upgrade to a new item that you can learn via engrams, but search for the same item with a new level (mastercraft, ascension, etc). It would be nice to see more steps to that process. Same for clothing. A fur suit upgrade for example as opposed to just looking for better fur. I love the look of the desert clothes. But even at their best- they aren't great.

4. Creatures. On this note I both agree and disagree. Yes it does feel as though there are several locations where you run in to the same creatures over and over again. They are coded into multiple zones and as such they always seem to be there. Sort of like fillers. However, instead of voting for fewer creatures, I would vote for more. It seems that for each major use there is one creature at the top of the food chain. Such as the anky for metal. Personally I would suggest adding others that could compete with those 1st place creatures. They wouldn't have to be better, but an alternative that could generate the discuss which is better and why, as opposed to the best being easy to calculate. With this a tribe or individual could personalize their team/group of creatures based on personal selection and/or opportunity and as such we wouldn't see the exact same creatures being tamed on every map. 

5. Taming. I would like to see more options brought up when it comes to taming. And I say options for a reason. I would suggest keeping with the current trend of knocking things out. But for those creatures where it is feasible, add an alternative method. For example, nearly all non-agressive creatures could be tamed passively. It may take longer or could require hard to find/craft items, but it should work. For the aggressive approach- you running and grabbing method should work. A play on grabbing an egg, but with live creatures. On that note- they would need to add infants and such to the wild. Egg layers that may best and mammals that may follow their parents around until the grow, etc.

6. More resources. To build more items, is makes sense to need new resources to do so. From a caving perspective, Silver, gold, diamonds, etc. From an above ground perspective, cement, bamboo, ice for an igloo, etc. There are a number of resources that could be added to strengthen current items or build new ones. Some are currently used in primitive plus and it would be nice to see them, and others included. 

Overall though, I just hope they do create it. I enjoy Ark and would love to keep the story going... but as that is nearly over, I can't wait to see what comes next. Hopefully with some changes, but honestly I will probably play it regardless. 

On 7/7/2019 at 11:57 AM, Ymhotep said:

If there was an ARk 2

Got a little bored today, so I to entertain myself I desided to write down my suggestions for an ARK 2 (dont know if WC will ever make one, but you never know :) )

1. Less animals

The wariety of dinos and historic animals is amazing and they are all cool, but the number of them in the world is just too much. Especialy when half of them are everywhere... What do you mean by half are evrywhere? And as time passed, older dinos became useleles, mostli decor in your base. I think the number of animals on release sould be ap. 30 max 40 and adding one or two new creature every few months. The number of dinos is fine as is, I think we've hit the limit for traditional maps like The Island and The Center. I don't think we should cut down on this number, remember we'd need a variety of dinos for different areas (e.g. Swamp, Redwoods, Beaches, ect...).

2. Reform taming

Knock down taming is fun and sometimes challanging, but it doesnt make any sence. It could be replaced by a more traditional way of taming animals. Finding the young. Go to a nest or a herd/pack and grab the little runt. But the animal should not be put in the inventory, you could carry it in your hands, so you cant use any tools or weapons while you run. And of course some animals are big even as babys, so youll need other animals (an argie for example) to carry it for you. And dont forget, that other members of the herd/pack wont like it, when you steel ther young. So you got your baby to your base. Now what? Put it in a taming pen, put some food in it and wait. After some time, the little runt will tame. Then you need to wait some time to grow up. Stealing eggs could be an option too, just for higher lvl (there could be an engram for example at lvl 40 for an incubator). This could be a great feature for some dinos, but not for others. The traditional ways for knock out and passive tame are fine as is, and don't need to be changed. I also don't think passive taming should be replaced at all with this method, it makes an alternative way to tame some dinos, and a more passive one, to.

3. Decor

Just simply more decor options. Rugs, carpets, tropies, more tipes of beds and other furniture. We all want our base to look cool. :) I really agree with this one, although it could be added to the original ARK.

4. TEK

People love it or hate it. I love Sci-fi, but it just dont fit the original ARK eviroment, that we played during the EA. There where the mistery of the obelisks and the implant in the hand, but Iron man armor, alien like build tear, teleporter and stuff, that was a bit too much i thinkg. Some TEK could stay and be a reward for a boss. But not as an engram, but just as an item like laser rifle or an TEK saw or something like that. No uber OP Power armor or a Rex with laser cannon (cool, but ridiculus).

5. Bosses

The bosses in ARK are epic, but the need for an army of 15 generation of bred T RExes for being able to kill them is just... well you know. There could be bosses like this, I dont mind, but not only them. Smaller bossed, that you cant bring your animals for help (Ancient Dilo in a cave, standing in the middle and spitting on you, so you have to use cover to not get hit and shoot him from a far) or the need for a specific animal for the fight (Circle arena with a Prime T-Rex, where you need a galimimus, one guy to ride it and the other to shoot the boss. If the catches you... insta kill or something like that.)  I wouldn't add in bosses where you NEED to have a friend, what about singleplayer.

6. Story

The story of Helena, Rockwell, Mei and other was very good, I liked reading it. But the games story progres is just terrible. If there will be an ARK 2, there should not be a story progres, just the backgrond. Helenas dino dosiers where my favorite. The explorer notes sould tell just a story for the local map. (Like Rila in SE, but with a better, less catastrophic ending).  The story is fine, it adds, well, a story to the game.

So thats about it, my small ideas for ARKs sequel. Thanks for reading and sorry for the bad english. :)  

Responses in Bold.

ARK as of now should be updated and fixed. Some of your ideas are good, like decoration, and that could be added to ARK, but others are not good suggestions, and wouldn't be liked by the community. We aren't yet ready for an ARK 2.

Archived