My list of animals worth farming

StefEsteBoss

1.Ovis 

You can farm them by mass breeding , they drop mutton and pelt.

2.Dodo

Very good source of eggs.

3.Hersperornis

Their eggs are a good source of food and oil.

4.Kairuku

You can farm them by mass breeding , they drop prime meat and organic polymer wich can be used as normal polymer.

5.Basilosaurus

You can farm them by mass breeding , they drop basilosaurus blubber wich can be refined in a better gasoline.

This is very relevant to my current situation.

I actually stopped farming sheep because I'm in kibble territory now and mutton taming seems pointless. And of course I no longer need much pelt. I guess I could get by with just three?

As for Dodos, why would I need such low quality eggs? I've no need of titanboas and although another Ovi will be needed I've got plenty of Turtle/Anky eggs which work better anyway.

Karikuru are the penguins right? Prime and ghille could be useful.

Farming penguins is better than hunting wild ones bcs you dont need to search for them ,you dont need to waste ammo(if hunting with a gun),there is no risk of wild predators eating your bird , so.....farming them is easier.

Farming dodos is good if you dont have any medical brews and you are low on health and is easy foodI

Idk how do you reply to a comment so I've written my replies here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't believe you left the dung beetle off this list!  Easy fertilizer and oil, especially paired with a phiomia and some stimberry plots to fill the dung beetles easily. Much easier than hesperornis for oil! 

Dodos are fine and all, but I have found that after the kibble rework I just have 1000 basic kibble sitting in a preserving bin waiting for a time that I just need to get some food into my dino's but I don't have time to go hunting. That hasn't happened yet, or even come close. The eggs are too heavy to be a good food item to bring along. Especially if you plant narcoberries and tintoberries - you then have no problem making medical brew. For food for yourself, plain cooked meat or cooked meat jerky (since the dung beetles give you plenty of oil) is much lighter. 

Ovis is great for wool, but I haven't ever done a mutton farm. After advanced crops, jerky, and a tap for sap, Superior and Exceptional kibble aren't hard to make. All you need is a number of low level female argies and a male argie, and you have Superior Kibble, and then do the same with rexes and then therizinos for exceptional kibble. Then use the kibble for a high level tame or two (or more).

I'm on a private server though, so no raiding or griefing to worry about. Ovis farming might be easier for some in other situations, I suppose. 

I thought about snagging a male kairuku and some females, but I now have 3 achatina, and they produce not only 10-12 organic polymer each (slowly) but also enough achatina paste that I have a large storage box about half full already, and I only had a snail for a week and got the second and third in the last day or two! 

Ark is an amazing game. So many ways to go about things, so many different situations and ways to play, so much to do. 

22 hours ago, StefEsteBoss said:

1.Ovis 

You can farm them by mass breeding , they drop mutton and pelt.

2.Dodo

Very good source of eggs.

3.Hersperornis

Their eggs are a good source of food and oil.

4.Kairuku

You can farm them by mass breeding , they drop prime meat and organic polymer wich can be used as normal polymer.

5.Basilosaurus

You can farm them by mass breeding , they drop basilosaurus blubber wich can be refined in a better gasoline.

1. Mutton useless now kibble system is way more simplified. Very good source of pelt though.

3. Go into the sea and eat a basilo on 2x.

4. Get a polymer gacha.

If people followed your suggestions, server caps would return tenfold.

16 hours ago, Jacira said:

1. Mutton useless now kibble system is way more simplified. Very good source of pelt though.

3. Go into the sea and eat a basilo on 2x.

4. Get a polymer gacha.

If people followed your suggestions, server caps would return tenfold.

It takes longer to search for basilo then to breed and kill them.

This list is for The island so there is no gacha.

What does tenfold means?im playing on sigle player so idk.

If you dont like this post you dont have to act like a hater.

6 hours ago, StefEsteBoss said:

Read the dossier.

Ok, so you do understand that the line in the dossier is most likely referring to the purple oil that they create which can also be turned into gas. Its not a "better gasoline" as you put it. Also as others have said just killing a few basilos will net you much much more oil than just collecting their passively made oil. I see you saying that it takes longer to find a basilo than to breed and kill them?? thats laughable, unless you are on some kind of 150x server, I play on the island on official and every single time I go into the water to search for loot crates I stumble upon like half a dozen to a dozen whales. They are not that rare at all and with a 8 day breed time I could have found and killed literally hundreds.

I dont mean to attack you or anything here just saying that your advice about breeding whales for oil is not good advice and I figured it would be better to educate rather than ignore this one.

Just now, StefEsteBoss said:

I've never found one (●__●)

They stay top to mid water, always have a school of mantas around them and are not to hard to spot imo. The map of the island says they dont spawn on the east coast so if your always in the east coast water that could be the reason. But if you get a plesi and just speed around the ocean you will see them. I think they spawn around herb island pretty consistently. My base is in the northern center coast of the map and I see them up there and on the west coast frequently.

I used to go farm a few of them for oil when I was low on gas, now I just transfer to rag and hit an oil pump.

9 hours ago, StefEsteBoss said:

It takes longer to search for basilo then to breed and kill them.

This list is for The island so there is no gacha.

What does tenfold means?im playing on sigle player so idk.

If you dont like this post you dont have to act like a hater.

Where was he a hater? Quit being so sensitive. He gave counter points to your thread. 2019....

Archived