Basilisk Taming Effectiveness

Mean2u444

• 3 weeks later...

Are you dropping lots of eggs?  If the basilisk is aggroed on the structure pieces, it won’t eat eggs and the effectiveness would drop.  If you don’t have an egg down ready for it to eat when it wants one it could lose effectiveness.

How I do it, in an ideal situation,  I spot the one i want and make sure it gets back into the ground.  I have prepared , 4 stone dino gateways, 1-2 doors for them, 6 stone pillars, 2 stone ceilings, 5 ladders.  WHen it's in ground, w/out a any shoulderpet, I will ride a drake by it and set down the gatesways around it.  pick the side i want to drop from and put the door on that gate, behind it i set up the pillars up 6 high, put the ceilng on it, and one forwards over the box of gates.  ladders down the back.  From there, get off w/ the junk eggs in my inventory  and climb up drop the eggs from above , usually i drop 3 at a time.  if the basilisk is trying to climb up it could get me  once in awhile so i might spend some times walking around on the ground until it eats an egg or 2, then go up and drop some more.    Make sure you have stimulant and water, or crafted drinks on hand.  whatever u need to stay awake and alive , bedrolls cant' hurt having them set up nearby, maybe a foundation w/ a couple beds couldn't hurt.  make sure nothing spawns or is around while you are taming it.  That's pretty much all I've done on my successful catches. 

As long as the basilisk wants to eat you or your drake, it should eat the eggs when it's ready.  If it's attacking the structures surrounding it, it won't eat the eggs.  getting it to stop attacking the structures is something that i haven't quite figured out.

Archived