Wyvern Question

GameFreak

Wyvern Question

im just wondering what are the stats that i should be attempting to get my wyverns too on official servers?

i havent played on official in about 2 years now and back then i used to get my wyverns to about 20k  hp, 2k stam, and between 400-500 melee but i dont think i can get them to that anymore but i could be wrong which is why im asking the question.

37 minutes ago, GameFreak said:

Wyvern Question

im just wondering what are the stats that i should be attempting to get my wyverns too on official servers?

i havent played on official in about 2 years now and back then i used to get my wyverns to about 20k  hp, 2k stam, and between 400-500 melee but i dont think i can get them to that anymore but i could be wrong which is why im asking the question.

Seems good but most people go for that so I've been seeing people go more stam so that they can stay in the air and use their breath attack more or outlast for a pick. 

Once a Wyv's unridden a comp bow or pump make short work whether 20k or 15k hp

If PvE; I'd typically go to 15k hp with Light and Fire, Keep Poison at whatever hatch+imprint is. 

Then I go 1200 stam for Fire, rest melee. I'm fighting basic dino's with Fire.

I go 1500 stam for Light, rest melee. 1500 stam gives me 5 attacks on a Titan before needing to land.

I go 2000 to 2300 stam on Poison, rest melee. I am fighting everything at a distance with its attack. 

1 hour ago, GameFreak said:

im a little worries about going 15k hp only because my friend tried to take on a 140 alpha rex with his fire and lost like 8k hp before giving up because he wasnt sure if he'd win

That's more about choosing the right tool for the job. Fire Wyverns are best used against multiple smaller creatures, and Poison or Lightning against single larger creatures.

Also, there's a general trade off with regards to HP and Melee. Higher Melee can mean a much shorter fight, where as HP gives you more staying power in a fight, but really you don't want to have longer fights as a goal. You want to kill them fast so they have less time to damage you.  

5 hours ago, GameFreak said:

im a little worries about going 15k hp only because my friend tried to take on a 140 alpha rex with his fire and lost like 8k hp before giving up because he wasnt sure if he'd win

No saddle, wyverns are more glass cannons except against Alpha Fire wyverns where u can tank them. Alphas do serious damage to them and is best to just tank & special (lightning) or be a distance (fire /poison lightning) Perch on a cliff or rock or something if needed

Before leveling your wyvern you must look at its base stats (to make it easier let's assume we're talking about 100% imprinted wyvern). If it has like 6-8k hp (15-25 levels) you will have to spend too many levels in order to get it to 15-20k (around 30-40 additional levels). If it got low stamina, like 500-600 (17-25 points), you again will need to waste like 30 levels at least to reach 1500.

You might also be lucky to hatch a wyvern with like 800 weight (34 levels), cannot speak for all, but I would not try to torture poor wyvern to make it a warrior, if it's born to carry things.

And it's a rare case to find something with good hp stam and melee. So having 15k hp 1500 stam and 400-600 melee is cool, but expensive. Not every wyvern can afford to have it.

I recommend at least 2k on a light wyv. even with 350 melee, you can take out low/mid level non light wyvs in the sky by circling them. But doing that with low stam is risky as if you don't kill them, now you have poison and fire in your face. 

I like having high HP as you can then take on a swarm and just beat them all down at same time if you ever get in a stuck situation and come out alive. low HP and you run risk that 7 wyverns biting you will kill you before you kill them.

my light is currently around 18.5k hp, 375 melee and 2100 stam. the only thing i've lost wyverns around these stats too is the games dumb AI engine and lava (well and a giga)

You can also go head to head with Fire & Lighting Wyverns and use a high melee bite to inflict far more damage on them than they can on you. In fact, if you go head to head and hit your 'run' key just as you're closing on them, they often completely miss their opportunity to do any damage to you. Even if they do activate their attack in time, going head to head significantly decreases exposure to lightning attacks, greatly reduces their damage on you since lighting is just a much quicker 'damage over time' attack. 

Archived