Help on cave mount

Suri

Help on cave mount

I have a super high leve wolf, has all good stats and stuff. But i also have a bary which is not that good. But i have heard people say that bary over all is better than a wolf, i am currently going through all caves to collect the artifacts, any suggestions on which one to use? :D (Ik people would say wolf because it has higher level and stats(from running through the ice cave before i got a arthro), but i am still struggling since bary seems to be having a way better reputation compare to a wolf)

Ik the question is kinda silly to ask, but still, can someone plz help me out. :) 

Which map?

In general, I personally prefer the wolf’s handling and speed, but a good Bary is more reliable in caves.  The ability to have a saddle, makes the Bary more tanky.  You also sit higher on them, making it difficult for Arthros to hit you.  Plus they have good maneuverability both on land and in water.

If I were you, I’d try both out and see which you prefer.  Don’t choose a method just because it is the suggested norm.  I could go on with my list why the Bary is better in caves, but for most cave adventures, hopping on my wolf and bounding across the countryside is much more enjoyable.  Have fun.  

Bary hands down. When you fight Artho toe-to-toe the head and chest of Bary blocks spit (dont be on the side) plus...it can jump vertical!

Ultimately like others said before, up to preference. If youre looking to be efficient a Bary will do you best though as an all-around mount. No worries in any water sections and a saddle :) 

Edit: If you have a dimorph on shoulder set to attack my target or aggressive it can go bite for bite with your tames (works on all small tames) essentially boosting DPS quite a bit (level it all melee for this purpose)

On 7/5/2019 at 5:51 AM, Suri said:

Help on cave mount

I have a super high leve wolf, has all good stats and stuff. But i also have a bary which is not that good. But i have heard people say that bary over all is better than a wolf, i am currently going through all caves to collect the artifacts, any suggestions on which one to use? :D (Ik people would say wolf because it has higher level and stats(from running through the ice cave before i got a arthro), but i am still struggling since bary seems to be having a way better reputation compare to a wolf)

Ik the question is kinda silly to ask, but still, can someone plz help me out. :) 

I go Terror Bird when I can.  They are fun, very mobile, and the hitbox that their head-position creates seems to make it easier to deal with Onycs.  Plus, the flappy-bird is invaluable for those times you jump across a lava-span and hit an invisible wall, lose all momentum, and drop like a stone into the lava.

I used to flappy-bird off the Volcano on Island all the time.  Flap my ass off, see how far I could go on a 100% movespeed-pumped Terror Bird...  It was literally the best.  I would vote Terror Bird as a contender for most underrated creature on the ARK.

On 7/5/2019 at 8:20 AM, WizardNuuk said:

Which map?

In general, I personally prefer the wolf’s handling and speed, but a good Bary is more reliable in caves.  The ability to have a saddle, makes the Bary more tanky.  You also sit higher on them, making it difficult for Arthros to hit you.  Plus they have good maneuverability both on land and in water.

If I were you, I’d try both out and see which you prefer.  Don’t choose a method just because it is the suggested norm.  I could go on with my list why the Bary is better in caves, but for most cave adventures, hopping on my wolf and bounding across the countryside is much more enjoyable.  Have fun.  

I play on island thx :D 

Archived