Taming order

I was wonder what a good taming order is for ark (for pvp and for pve), but all of the guides were before the kibble rework. I was hoping I get could a good solo/small tribe pvp taming order (for a tribe that wants to stay small and unseen). All I really know here is the pteradon as I can fit one in a 1 by 1 by 2 box, but I was wondering if there were other tames worth getting. I also wanted to know a good single player/pve taming order as I usually just tame everything but dodos. Thanks in advance for the help!

Are we talking PvE or PvP you mentioned both but vastly different.  It also depends on if you have the DLC or can get your hands on some of the newer creatures etc.  You also got to discuss in PvP how small etc vs PvE which is larger base builds with all the tames.  Is this on a server or unofficial etc all those choices change the meta a small bit.

Get a early ground mount and a flyer, then work on harvesting animals like bear/beaver/etc is what I usually do then after a while mid 50's work on getting Argy and next tier depending on of course DLC.  Watch some PvPs videos on YT like HOD Gaming, ShaneTheShadow, etc and see what they have if you are talking PvP aspect.

However you have to narrow things down a bit and give some goal details on what you want to spend your time doing mostly.  The kibble rework does not change much meta only makes it easier to obtain vs running a farm of each creature, which mind you many don't worry about on PvP for perfect taming because they implement more breeding.  At least I don't worry about perfect taming out of the gates as creatures will die quickly especially if you are a small tribe.  Keep in mind small tribes will be found and raided often.  Depends again on strategy and what server official etc you are on, ie small tribes etc.

PvE is about getting to the raising stage. To do that you want farming dino's.

I like to go for a Trike 1st. Good berries, good weight, good defense for early encounters. 

Then if no self imposed fly restriction I go for a Ptera.  I only tame one to make it easier to get an Argy, which is normally my next tame. I get a m and f high level and raise two. One battle/hunt mount, one farmer. 

Then I go for Anky, Doed, Thorny/Beaver. I go for better levels if I can (depends on taming rates). If standard rates, I go for several Velo or Iguanodon for kibble first. 

I do most of this operating out of a wood 3 x 2. 

Really, taming order will be based on goal. 

In my current single player, all map access I am all over the place. Got a Griffin pretty early so I could run SE drops and farm pearls over there. 

I'm holding off going to Extinction so need the pearls for electronics but it's always a hassle to tame an Angler ao this ways easier. I also wanted to get into the island caves early so I tamed several Bary's to get a good imprinted one. I did that earlier than normal. 

Currently I'm hunting Ravagers and Roll Rats on Ab so I can make some beast of those. 

Just depends what your preference is. 

Archived