Summer bash kind of raptors people trying to get going

R3dHawk

Summer bash kind of raptors people trying to get going

Don't get me wrong the event is great and all if I was still in a big tribe I'd be doing a hand stand but us wiped players or begginers realy on 2x taming to get our basic farming Dino's to get going and with this event it means we won't get 2 x taming for like 3 weeks.

This is the trade off you pay for playing on official servers, for ARK and most online games. Unofficial servers will be easier and have mods that fix problems that Wildcard doesn't have the budget or manpower to fix in this century, but unofficial will also be less rewarding and have a higher risk of disappearing from the server list without explanation, and may also have a delayed patching cycle. You consciously or unconsciously make that choice, and live with the downsides of either choice.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

People beg daily for breeding events. Now there is s breeding event and someone complains.

Why play official if you don't like the rates or only play on boosted rates?

But why the hell is everything BUT taming 2x? I’m complaining because i got wiped once again on PVP after building up a small breeding army. Now i’m on PVE and still a beach bob because i can’t tame anything on 1x. I’ve even resorted to begging and promises of payment i’ll neve make but everyone wants their kibble more than ever now. 1x tame means twice the kibble

I don’t know why people keep suggesting unofficial. For like the 10th time now, on Xbox at least, nobody plays dedicated except for the really trash servers with 100 people. Official has the perfect balance of people and i can transfer to other servers to trade.

13 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

I don’t know why people keep suggesting unofficial. For like the 10th time now, on Xbox at least, nobody plays dedicated except for the really trash servers with 100 people. Official has the perfect balance of people and i can transfer to other servers to trade.

Honestly your missing out. Good clusters do exist even if they are hard to find. This game shines at it best on a properly set up cluster. Looking back why I put up official is beyond me now.

18 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

But why the hell is everything BUT taming 2x? I’m complaining because i got wiped once again on PVP after building up a small breeding army. Now i’m on PVE and still a beach bob because i can’t tame anything on 1x. I’ve even resorted to begging and promises of payment i’ll neve make but everyone wants their kibble more than ever now. 1x tame means twice the kibble

Completely anecdotal evidence. Guy looks through server list.. this is why noone takes you serious, at all.

You bash unofficial because you couldny hack it on PVP, then got wiped by some abusive admin? Joined some 100x server? I dunno. You got hurt real bad. Now you spew this crap on every thread. By the way - I also play Xbox and have never had a problem..but you know, I use my head and will search for a good server if i need to (which I dont)

28 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Completely anecdotal evidence. Guy looks through server list.. this is why noone takes you serious, at all.

You bash unofficial because you couldny hack it on PVP, then got wiped by some abusive admin? Joined some 100x server? I dunno. You got hurt real bad. Now you spew this crap on every thread. By the way - I also play Xbox and have never had a problem..but you know, I use my head and will search for a good server if i need to (which I dont)

As I said before, i want people AND stability. I do look thoroughly but most servers have 10 or less people which does not cater to me or most players. I built up on one before and the owner just decided to stop paying therefore everything’s gone. I never hacked or anything 

I’m looking right now, there’s 7 servers with more than 10 people. The rest have 5 or less. Official has 40+. I mean maybe you guys like playing steady servers with the same 5 people every day but i sure as hell would bored fast.

Fact of the matter is..You’re pretty much out of luck finding a stable server with people and rates that aren’t totally skyrocketed.

3 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

As I said before, i want people AND stability. I do look thoroughly but most servers have 10 or less people which does not cater to me or most players. I built up on one before and the owner just decided to stop paying therefore everything’s gone. I never hacked or anything 

I’m looking right now, there’s 7 servers with more than 10 people. The rest have 5 or less. Official has 40+. I mean maybe you guys like playing steady servers with the same 5 people every day but i sure as hell would bored fast.

Fact of the matter is..You’re pretty much out of luck finding a stable server with people and rates that aren’t totally skyrocketed.

Fair enough. Thats completely understandable, we vary with opinions there. I enjoy playing my 20 concurrent player server, seems just the right size. 

Enjoy officials, I did always enjoy the large population (most of the time) 

For me its a trade off between server population and quality of the server, I trade high population server for better quality play. Sure its great playing on official with large populations but is it worth it if the quality of playing so bad. At least playing with a smaller population means that support actually exists and the rates are actually decent. 

1 hour ago, MackTheKnife said:

You realise that you've missed a bucket load of events up to now. There will be more events in the future. 

Quit moaning because this event doesn't suit 1 person. It's suits me just fine. 

17 minutes ago, SwishPapaSweets said:

Hell i actually enjoyed the 20 or so people i had on my little cluster but unfortunately fibercraft and million times rates kinda killed my population off but i still run them for myself. 

See that kinda thing i would like to join but as you just said, everyone’s at the fibercrapft now. So the good servers die. 

11 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

For me its a trade off between server population and quality of the server, I trade high population server for better quality play. Sure its great playing on official with large populations but is it worth it if the quality of playing so bad. At least playing with a smaller population means that support actually exists and the rates are actually decent. 

There’s nothing actually wrong with dedicated but I just think it’s kind of cheating for me personally. Don’t wanna wait 5 day to raise something? Ask your new best friend admin to whip up 5 of them at adult stage! lol. I would be that guy who couldn’t wait and bug the admin to death. But on official i’m forced to play my way with no possible cheats to save me.

But seriously though for some reason I just can’t play unofficial. I think i’ve been playing normal for so long it’s just a complacency (right word?) thing and i hate trying new things

2 minutes ago, Bruvas78 said:

You realise that you've missed a bucket load of events up to now. There will be more events in the future. 

Quit moaning because this event doesn't suit 1 person. It's suits me just fine. 

So then answer this..how can i breed anything if i can’t feasibly tame anything to create said parents for breeding event? 

And ive never missed anything, i probably got wiped somewhere along the way and by the time i built up the event is over ?

11 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

There’s nothing actually wrong with dedicated but I just think it’s kind of cheating for me personally. Don’t wanna wait 5 day to raise something? Ask your new best friend admin to whip up 5 of them at adult stage! lol. 

But seriously though for some reason I just can’t play unofficial. I think i’ve been playing normal for so long it’s just a complacency thing and i hate trying new things

Its not too bad. I mean our rates are certainly not 5 days, rexes only take 2 to 3 hours to raise which seems quick but when you start mass breeding generation upon generation to get boss quality tames it still takes an absolute age to get anwaywhere. Using cheats to raise creatures on our server just doesnt happen, not allowed. You can trade for imprints however but I haven't touched that, that does seem a bit too cheaty for me.

I get that view point, I think I thought the same at one point. Playing Unofficial however has allowed me to experience the entire game to its full potential and with no stress what so ever and actually have fun. Take OSDs for example. I have done a few red ones now and even lost a few gigas in the process. Was I angry that I lost my gigas because I screwed up, no of course not they only took like 6 hours to raise and not take 2 weeks to raise. I just shrugged my shoulders and continued on playing.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

So 1x makes taming impossible?

You wanna tame an anky, doed and beaver on x1 at 6 hours apiece? Be my guest. I’ll be waiting to say “i told you so” when you give up for the 3rd time with the beaver. Gotta hand pick berries because herbivore berry gatherers take 6 hours as well. See what i mean? You can’t progress at all. Luckily i hit the jackpot and got like 100 regular AND superior from a pvE tribe a few moments ago ?

26 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

You wanna tame an anky, doed and beaver on x1 at 6 hours apiece? Be my guest. I’ll be waiting to say “i told you so” when you give up for the 3rd time with the beaver. Gotta hand pick berries because herbivore berry gatherers take 6 hours as well. See what i mean? You can’t progress at all. Luckily i hit the jackpot and got like 100 regular AND superior from a pvE tribe a few moments ago ?

There's a progression your missing here.

Wait 3 days and get together everything you need for an Anky/Doed tame.

Level 60 Iguanodon takes about an hour on Mejoberry. Level 60 Turtle takes an hour and a half. Will only need to Narc once.

While mass taming those, get crop plots and seeds, harvest some oil, start making cooked meat jerky. 

3 days, you'll have plenty of eggs/kibble to tame a good Anky. 

Even on my single player world with boosted rates, I usually wait on an Anky 2 or 3 days into my play. 

Trike-->Ptera--->Argy (sometimes a Raptor in there if a high level jumps me) then I go for Anky, Doed, Direbear. 

You can get to regular kibble really fast if you have Extinction. A 150 Velo will tame in 40 minutes on raw prime. Can get a bunch of those, lower level and tame all the regular kibble layers you need in 2 hours and then open yourself to a wide array of useful tames. 

Yes, berry taming a high level workhorse dino is a waste of time but there's an useful approach if you just look.

1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

There's a progression your missing here.

Wait 3 days and get together everything you need for an Anky/Doed tame.

Level 60 Iguanodon takes about an hour on Mejoberry. Level 60 Turtle takes an hour and a half. Will only need to Narc once.

While mass taming those, get crop plots and seeds, harvest some oil, start making cooked meat jerky. 

3 days, you'll have plenty of eggs/kibble to tame a good Anky. 

Even on my single player world with boosted rates, I usually wait on an Anky 2 or 3 days into my play. 

Trike-->Ptera--->Argy (sometimes a Raptor in there if a high level jumps me) then I go for Anky, Doed, Direbear. 

You can get to regular kibble really fast if you have Extinction. A 150 Velo will tame in 40 minutes on raw prime. Can get a bunch of those, lower level and tame all the regular kibble layers you need in 2 hours and then open yourself to a wide array of useful tames. 

Yes, berry taming a high level workhorse dino is a waste of time but there's an useful approach if you just look.

Ohh dang i forgot about iguanas. Yeah i guess they are the easiest berry tame and get a decent amount. But remember this is 1x so that means double kibble. But since you’re saying to wait it’s irrelevant..

I’m definitely a speedy guy. I’ll just stop complaining since i have kibble now. It’s just my whole point was that it takes far too much effort and planning for a vidya game. This is the beginning, eventually we’re gonna have life simulators at this rate

2 minutes ago, YaBoiCuckNorris said:

The 1x rates now are the old 2x rates. It’s really not that bad, especially with the new kibble tree it’s easy to start up, this seems kind of like you’re just being a negative Nancy. Less time on the forums and more time grinding?

Like i said, way too much time and effort. Too complex.  I’m actually at work right now, can you say the same? 

I’m taking a dump if anyone asks why i’m here

“I’m wrong/offended so the other guy must not have a job”

Yeah I’m employed, it’s called time zones, and it takes like two days to get started.. . Although I guess I wouldn’t actually know about that cause I didn’t recently get wiped and still have all my Dinos?

Seriously though, the new kibble system made it infinitely easier to get an army of dinosaurs and it’s 2x exp and gathering, no need to take jabs at my employment or life cause I pointed out that you’re complaining about starting up at what amounts to 4x everything on original gameplay with the exception of taking which is still at 2x. 

15 minutes ago, YaBoiCuckNorris said:

“I’m wrong/offended so the other guy must not have a job”

Yeah I’m employed, it’s called time zones, and it takes like two days to get started.. . Although I guess I wouldn’t actually know about that cause I didn’t recently get wiped and still have all my Dinos?

Seriously though, the new kibble system made it infinitely easier to get an army of dinosaurs and it’s 2x exp and gathering, no need to take jabs at my employment or life cause I pointed out that you’re complaining about starting up at what amounts to 4x everything on original gameplay with the exception of taking which is still at 2x. 

I mean you said i should just shut up and grind my life away on this game so what else was i supposed to do but assume you’re one of “those” guys? Not everyone has hours upon hours to just waste. Ugh i’m burnt out on this whole thing, i already got my kib

Archived