Jump to content

TravisMichael

Rexes in Rockwell fight.

Recommended Posts

Rexes in Rockwell fight.

The other day the server admin tried to troll his server by doing the "RainDanger" command and dumped a bunch of Rexes and Allos on Aberration. Luckily for our tribe, two of the Rexes were a male and female 150, so we quickly tamed and bred them, now we've got four super-bred Rexes that we were thinking of taking into the Rockwell fight to use as bodyguards.

We just wanted to know if the game will allow them into the Rockwell Arena? The Wiki says they can, but the rest of the Internet bears no answers, so I figured I'd check here.

And, before anyone says it, yes, I know Rexes aren't radiation immune. We'll use the Mushroom Brew to get them to the Rockwell terminal.

Edited by TravisMichael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be able to bring them into the boss fight, the main concern would be where you are planning to have them come in. If you're using the terminal in the element region, you probably shouldn't because the rexes would be hurt or killed by the radiation. And that's without any wild life interference, a Reaper Queen or 2 could easily pop out and damage them significantly. If you're going up to the surface, you should probably build an elevator. But if it's in pvp the elevator would most likely be destroyed, and there are nameless, seeker, and reaper kings on the surface. Your best bet on getting transported to the arena would be through a Tek Transmitter or a drop. Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Insanely said:

You should be able to bring them into the boss fight, the main concern would be where you are planning to have them come in. If you're using the terminal in the element region, you probably shouldn't because the rexes would be hurt or killed by the radiation. And that's without any wild life interference, a Reaper Queen or 2 could easily pop out and damage them significantly. If you're going up to the surface, you should probably build an elevator. But if it's in pvp the elevator would most likely be destroyed, and there are nameless, seeker, and reaper kings on the surface. Your best bet on getting transported to the arena would be through a Tek Transmitter or a drop. Hope this helps!

We tested it out last night. We bred up a 'sacrficial rex', loaded it up with mushroom brew to fight the radiation, then walked him down to the Rockwell Terminal. He had 1000 melee and 50K Hp and he wrecked the reaper queens that came at us, I actually felt bad he was the test subject,

But we were able to take him in to the arena. I ran around shooting the orbs and tentacles and my tribemate attacked the heart when it appeared. Given it was a test, we didn't expect to succeed with just the Rex, but he did hold out for a while until my tribemate and I got KO'd by a reaper.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 10:52 AM, TravisMichael said:

We tested it out last night. We bred up a 'sacrficial rex', loaded it up with mushroom brew to fight the radiation, then walked him down to the Rockwell Terminal. He had 1000 melee and 50K Hp and he wrecked the reaper queens that came at us, I actually felt bad he was the test subject,

But we were able to take him in to the arena. I ran around shooting the orbs and tentacles and my tribemate attacked the heart when it appeared. Given it was a test, we didn't expect to succeed with just the Rex, but he did hold out for a while until my tribemate and I got KO'd by a reaper.

 

For future use, just upload the Rex and pull it out at the terminal. We did that when we took Tek Stego's so they took a lot less radiation damage since I pulled them right before we started the fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

For future use, just upload the Rex and pull it out at the terminal. We did that when we took Tek Stego's so they took a lot less radiation damage since I pulled them right before we started the fight.

You can't do that with Rexes, not on Aberration. Technically they're not supposed to be on Aberration, so if you try to download them, a message pops up that says 'Classification Not Allowed." It also won't let you remove a Rex from a cryopod.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:Good point. I thought if you could raise some on there that the admin altered the code to allow them on there. I thought the egg hatching was same classification as transferring in and uncryoing. 

Good to know.

No, the server admin decided to be a troll and used the "RainDanger" command which dumped a bunch of Rexes and Allos on the map, that's how we got them.

We bred a couple of different Rexes and used them as Guinea pigs to see how we could get them to the Rockwell terminal. We could put them in cryopods, but couldn't release them. We uploaded one at a drop, couldn't download it down down in the Rad zone. We didn't even try to take it to a surface obelisk because the tribe that built the elevators didn't build them with Rexes in mind. So, we just loaded it up with mushroom brews and walked it down to the terminal. It was a safe journey and ended well (except the whole sacrificing the Rex to see if it would work, thing) 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Just curious. Are the ability to start a boss fight at loot drops (not surface) disabled at your server? If not, you could technically bring all your rex fastEr than loading them with brew and traverse to rockwell terminal.

You can't download Rexes on Aberration. Anywhere. From a terminal or a drop. We tried. Bred up a few guinea pig Rexes and tried several methods to get them to the arena. We were able to upload a Rex at a drop by our base, but it would not let us download the Rex in the rad zone. It kept saying "Classification Not Allowed." So, we ended up just walking them down to the Rockwell Terminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 9:40 AM, TravisMichael said:

You can't download Rexes on Aberration. Anywhere. From a terminal or a drop. We tried. Bred up a few guinea pig Rexes and tried several methods to get them to the arena. We were able to upload a Rex at a drop by our base, but it would not let us download the Rex in the rad zone. It kept saying "Classification Not Allowed." So, we ended up just walking them down to the Rockwell Terminal.

I did not mean upload and download.

i meant starting a boss fight at loot drops. Is it enabled in your server?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...