Valguero shouldnt be free

Interface5

4 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Bethesda paid big bucks to allow mods on console, they aren’t complete trash lol

Yeah, it was so benevolent of them. It wasn't because (1) they know modding is one of their flagship's selling points, or (2) they wanted to be able to charge for them and know PC players generally won't stand for that.

If Wildcard behaved like Bethesda, we'd have only one map and be buying Tek saddles with real money.

Bethesda-Zenimax (the part of the corp that makes their multiplayer ESO) pushes gambling.  I was okay with fantasy gambling in Fallout Vegas but irl gambling no.  I will always love Skyrim lore above all but Bethesda lost me when they started nickle and diming.  No one will ever be as bad as EA tho.  

Ark Survival is like Skyrim with dinos.  Old 3d graphics that emphasis dull colors so you don't get motion sickness.  But has splashes of color.  I noticed the rainbows in Valguero!

4 hours ago, Interface5 said:

Valguero shouldnt be free

Like the title says but to be more specific and it shouldn't come with the base game you should need aberration to play it. If this was the case then wc could still sell possibly more copies of aberration and be able to include all the aberration Dino's in valguero.

Never thought I'd see the day that someone was complaining about NOT having to pay for something...

44 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Never thought I'd see the day that someone was complaining about NOT having to pay for something...

I think the real point the author is trying to make is that they want all the dinos from Aberration on Valguero. They bury it at the end of their post but that's what I think the motivation is. And since AB is a paid dlc the author thinks that if Val were also bought, there would be no reason for Wildcard not to put all the AB dinos on the map. That's my reading of it anyway.

To be honest, if we could at least get Rock Drakes on the map I probably would pay for it. 

I am not sure I would go as far to say that Valguero should be a paid map, it is what it is, and it is free.

That said, I would imagine that going forward with may be a wise idea to charge something for any new maps that are put out to all formats.

Those that modders make for PC on their own time and their own dime, will be what they will. However those that arrive to console and possibly other game formats should come with a cost. I wouldn't necessarily say it should be the $20+ for a full game dlc; with a new set of creatures, bosses, and story, but possibly a small $5-$10 add on. Similar to how many other games sell skins, character items, weapons, etc... 

I say this as a console player. Purchasing new maps to play as add-ons would be something I would totally go for. Heck, I wouldn't mind buying some character skins if we could as well. 

4 hours ago, Ocicat said:

I think the real point the author is trying to make is that they want all the dinos from Aberration on Valguero. They bury it at the end of their post but that's what I think the motivation is. And since AB is a paid dlc the author thinks that if Val were also bought, there would be no reason for Wildcard not to put all the AB dinos on the map. That's my reading of it anyway.

To be honest, if we could at least get Rock Drakes on the map I probably would pay for it. 

I think regardless if Valg was free or paid for, they don't want to negate thousands of man hours that went into making AB. Rag was the mistake that they learned from seeing what it did to scorched earth.

Archived