Valguero shouldnt be free

Interface5

15 minutes ago, Interface5 said:

Like the title says but to be more specific and it shouldn't come with the base game you should need aberration to play it. If this was the case then wc could still sell possibly more copies of aberration and be able to include all the aberration Dino's in valguero.

None of the content in this game is behind a paywall except for the maps themselves.

22 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

None of the content in this game is behind a paywall except for the maps themselves.

Well, some dino and engram specifics too unless you're rolling those all into the map itself. 

Phoenix- Paid DLC SE

Mana- Paid DLC Extinction

Titans- Paid DLC Extinction

Reapers and Basilisks- Paid DLC Aberration

Tek Sleeping Pod- Rockwell Fight on Paid DLC Aberration

Just to name a few. 

I don't mind personally and I'm with OP that Valguero and any future maps should be paid for. I mean, where's their revenue coming from currently to keep servers up much less maintained and improved? 

The game can't be selling like it was. Maybe they get a cut of private servers paid for that ate running ark? I thought I read they didn't but obviously I'm not in their financial department. 

The "paywall" is not steep.  Wildcard is grace compared to Bethesda and Electronic Arts.  Heck, even crappy 2d fund raisers are more expensive.  Wildcard is my favorite company to date for bang for your buck - combine with Steam Sales and this game is steal.  Yes there is engram dlc purchase paywalls but seriously the dlc's are cheap just buy them already.  And you don't need those engrams they act more like cosmetic quality.

11 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Well, some dino and engram specifics too unless you're rolling those all into the map itself. 

Phoenix- Paid DLC SE

Just to name a few. 

I don't mind personally and I'm with OP that Valguero and any future maps should be paid for. I mean, where's their revenue coming from currently to keep servers up much less maintained and improved? 

The game can't be selling like it was. Maybe they get a cut of private servers paid for that ate running ark? I thought I read they didn't but obviously I'm not in their financial department. 

All you’ve listed is content locked behind a paywall on official. Remember a vast number of the player base aren’t under the same constraints.

Also, Ark is free on Xbox game pass so maximising sales isn’t their intention, bringing the game to all available outlets might be.

26 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Phoenix- Paid DLC SE

Just to name a few. 

Remember you can get all of that while owning the base game .. so not really locked behind a paywall at all. 

49 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

All you’ve listed is content locked behind a paywall on official. Remember a vast number of the player base aren’t under the same constraints.

Also, Ark is free on Xbox game pass so maximising sales isn’t their intention, bringing the game to all available outlets might be.

Expect game pass is not free. Devs get their share from that.

Just now, PFM said:

Isn't that also true of Valguero? And even if that were the case, how is that relevant? It doesn't matter to the consumer how exactly the map was created for this game. 

All 3 free DLC maps were created by members of the modding community. It should matter to the consumers. It's the support of the modding community by both players and WC supporting mod authors that encouraged these maps to be created.

Imagine Ark where the devkit never existed and no mods were ever created.

2 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

All 3 free DLC maps were created by members of the modding community. It should matter to the consumers. It's the support of the modding community by both players and WC supporting mod authors that encouraged these maps to be created.

Imagine Ark where the devkit never existed and no mods were ever created.

So then it's no different than The Center and Rag but you aren't complaining about those. 

3 hours ago, Interface5 said:

Like the title says but to be more specific and it shouldn't come with the base game you should need aberration to play it. If this was the case then wc could still sell possibly more copies of aberration and be able to include all the aberration Dino's in valguero.

Do you work for Bethesda??

Archived