PvE Teammate Betrayal

StavLikesArk

PvE Teammate Betrayal

I was just playing around on begginer PVE server and i asked if someone wants to tribe, someone said yes. and i thought cool i can finally play official with someone (usually im in singleplayer)

he was with his friend he also just met, we got some loot from a sarco. after five minutes of me finding the loot he just kills me and removes me from the tribe and takes all my loot. and he did it only to me not to his friend. my guess they are just trollers and they don't even wanna play they just wanna ruin someones fun and time. 

this really ruins the experience. especially when its a beginner server, I've been betrayed on PvP before and that is OK because its all about PLAYER Versus PLAYER. but on PvE that is PLAYER Versus ENVIRONMENT the player shouldn't kill each other and betray each other. shouldn't happen

now i just feel sad.

Gonna happen when you tribe with randoms you don't know. 

I've been on my server for ages, have traded with all the tribes at some point, have been in parties (Xbox) and chatted away to others on the server, given away things for free and received things for free. Generally feel that all the big tribes can be trusted, and they trust me. 

I still don't ally with any of them, and I certainly wouldn't allow them to join my tribe. 

That's how bad things happen. 

11 minutes ago, Bruvas78 said:

Gonna happen when you tribe with randoms you don't know. 

I've been on my server for ages, have traded with all the tribes at some point, have been in parties (Xbox) and chatted away to others on the server, given away things for free and received things for free. Generally feel that all the big tribes can be trusted, and they trust me. 

I still don't ally with any of them, and I certainly wouldn't allow them to join my tribe. 

That's how bad things happen. 

ok ill try to tribe with big tribes, i hope ill find some in PvE

33 minutes ago, StavLikesArk said:

ok ill try to tribe with big tribes, i hope ill find some in PvE

Joining a server and asking to join a tribe will be very laborious. Our Xbox server has gone from an average of 15-20 consecutive players to 50-70 consecutive players daily, most of these being characters called 'Human' who beg to join tribes. If I'm not allowing players I know with experience join my tribe, there's little chance I'm letting an unexperienced stranger into the fold. 

Find a server with a little space to build and set up camp. Don't ask for handouts, but save up materials and offer to buy them. Get a little respect from the long term and experienced players and you will find them helping you more than you ask. 

If you know someone irl to play Ark with, then all the better. Back stabbing is rife - it's all about trying to cut the odds down a little. 

1 minute ago, MIsterMayhem said:

Lol that’s cute. Hope you know pve probably has Considerably way more time played than pvp

But very cute of you to advocate for the deletion of the work of many others simply because you aren’t a fan of pve

With your attitude one could just as easily say “pvp should get rid of altogether cause killing people is bad”.

Most PvE players play unofficial servers with rules against pillaring and being a sausage. Unofficial servers have enforced rules. Official servers have terrible support.

1 minute ago, MIsterMayhem said:

Idk what unofficial has to do with anything? You also run the risk of wasting time if the server owner decides to stop paying up. 

Its still your choice. Either play official servers as they are. Insiding isn't against the rules on official. 

Or play unofficial communities with lots of variety and the chance to find an awesome community.

PvE or PvP....   the only bad thing about either type of servers is the people.  It only takes one sociopathic person to drum up drama.   Trolls who get thier jollies by upsetting others.    Too many people feed these trolls, when ignoring the attention seeking kids who have bad parents us the quickest way to get rid of them.

tl:dr - Dont feed the trolls.

2 minutes ago, urmas said:

If you take into tribe random ones then it is like playing lottery. SPecially in pve server where he can rob everything and jump out of tribe and then you cant harm him so everything what he taken is now his property.

There are tribe management settings, but I guess PvE players don't always take those seriously.

5 hours ago, MIsterMayhem said:

Idk what unofficial has to do with anything? You also run the risk of wasting time if the server owner decides to stop paying up. 

All the more reason to just run your own PVE server and only play with people you know and trust. Renting a PVE server is cheap. Beside, unofficial is the inevitable future of Ark. The official servers won't be around as long as unofficial servers will exist. 

5 hours ago, MIsterMayhem said:

Lol that’s cute. Hope you know pve probably has Considerably way more time played than pvp

But very cute of you to advocate for the deletion of the work of many others simply because you aren’t a fan of pve

With your attitude one could just as easily say “pvp should get rid of altogether cause killing people is bad”.

No reason for PvE to exist.  It just complicates the dev's jobs and instills unrealistic expectations in the fragile side of the player base.

FWIW I've played both PvP & Pve - 5K+ hours on each, both have their problems, both have positive points. For me, PvP became a choice between 2 very different playstyles when server transfers started - either be part of an alpha (preferably one of the mega tribes - and yes, done that), or go solo & hidden to wage guerilla war (also done that). Problem with both of these is the time required pretty much precludes doing anything other than playing ark ?

As for PvE, well, it does need better moderation on officials, has more of its share of douchebags (mostly players who want to PvP but lack skill or eggs (German slang ? ) and would benefit from a separate treatment to PvP - e.g. a land claim system to stop all the pillaring.

In both forms I'd never invite anyone into a tribe unless I either knew them IRL, or had gamed with them for many months, including talking on Discord/Teamspeak - and even then you can't be 100% certain - was insided on PvP by a tribe member who'd been in the tribe for over a year & who I'd known for almost 2 - he got an offer from another tribe that he couldn't resist.

Basically don't trust anyone even those you've known for ages, hand out rights sparingly (doesn't stop someone with a bunch of C4 anyway), and always watch your back. Having resources spread over more than one server helps too.

I miss the more edgy feel of PvP, but I don't miss the wipes - on either side - being wiped as a small player, or wiping small players as alpha/mega tribe. Enjoy the ability to build something more creative on PvE though, and to concentrate on my breeding programs with less interuption.

Allow me to elaborate:

True PvE is unachievable by means of a ruleset which is anything but all-encompassing.  Leave a loophole and those seeking to push the boundaries will find it and exploit it.  

This does not mean true PvE is unachievable.  Create an environment where the player base universally agrees on the definition of PvE and is committed to abiding by that definition, and you would have exactly the environment most who play PvE are seeking.  This could be done even in an environment lacking any restrictions on PvP.  As long as all agree to play a certain way, there would be zero problems.

Get rid of PvE as a game mode, and those seeking a PvE experience would only have one option:  find like-minded people and don't let anyone else in.

12 minutes ago, SMP said:

True PvE is unachievable by means of a ruleset which is anything but all-encompassing.  Leave a loophole and those seeking to push the boundaries will find it and exploit it.  

This is exactly why I keep saying that PvE belongs on unofficial communities only, not official servers. Officials don't and cannot moderate PvE properly.

I think some people are confusing pve servers with roleplaying servers... will never play on an unofficial server because never know when it ends if the owner in a drunk mood will wipe whole server.

At least when official stops it will be time to move on.

Do not accept invites of players you don't know, but does not mean that all players that invite you try to scam you. I have seen enough tribes of players that formed a tribe at low lvl and months later still there.

Solo tribe can be fun as wel, the vacations are only shorter ? 

14 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

I think some people are confusing pve servers with roleplaying servers... will never play on an unofficial server because never know when it ends if the owner in a drunk mood will wipe whole server.

At least when official stops it will be time to move on.

Do not accept invites of players you don't know, but does not mean that all players that invite you try to scam you. I have seen enough tribes of players that formed a tribe at low lvl and months later still there.

Solo tribe can be fun as wel, the vacations are only shorter ? 

*laughs in 3 year hosted server*

3 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Oh noes he ran off with your set of high quality stone hatches, wooden spears and several stacks of raw meat? How rude.

its not about what he took its about it being pve and still getting killed by players, either way Bruvas78 provided me with a helpful answer that i can use and not a rant. thank him, but you can rant about me how much you want to.

Archived