Alpha Dragon Destroyed Me

Wafool

So, I play on an unofficial server with mostly vanilla rates. Breeding and gathering are slightly increased as well as difficulty I think is at 6 (lvl 180 wild dinos). I spent months mutating rexes. I got em popping out at 23000 health and 780 melee. I leveled them to 40k health and 1100 melee. I even found a friggan awesome rex saddle bp at 117 armor. I took 18 of these guys, a daedon, and a yuty to the obelisk and took on all three alpha bosses on the island. Alpha monkey was laughable. Most of my rexes had full health still after that fight. In alpha brood, somehow my daedon didnt get ported in. We still won with most of my rexes at about 10k hp left. So after this, I thought I could take on alpha dragon. WRONG. I got him to half health before he wiped all my dinos. I can make new rexes and saddles. I'm more annoyed by the fact that now I have to go do those stupid caves again. Obviously though, I'm not ready to take him on again. 

So question about the lava. It could be possible that my improper placement and fighting got my dinos killed to lava. How does this lava work though? After the drag killed all my rexes. I rode my Yuty into the lava to see how much damage it was doing to my tames. Nothing. Did no damage to my Yuty. Is it because I was riding it? Does the lava only damage unridden dinos?

So about my future plans to beat the guy: the server I play on has s+ and the s+ mutator is enabled. So, I'm thinking I get that mutator and mutate up a theri army till they have like 2000 melee. The problem is that in order to unlock the mutator, I need to unlock the cloning chamber. Where would be the easiest place to unlock the cloning chamber? I was thinking since my rex army stood up to broodmother and monkey with relative ease, maybe I can hop over to scorched earth and take on the manticore. Would the alpha manticore fight in SE be possible with the same team I used for the alpha brood and alpha monkey? There's also Ragnarok. From what I've seen, you can take out the dragon faster and not deal with as many flame breaths on Ragnarok. I'm obviously not ready for alpha drake but could I take on alpha manticore or alpha Ragnarok? 

Easily.

Your Rex's might even be alright again with better strategy.

A) Do 30k hp and rest melee. Dragon does 20 percent damage with breath regardless of hp so more damage and it should increase your chance to take it down before 5 breaths.

B) Hug the barrier and make him come to you. Once he's up, whistle them all back to you.

I used a 700 melee Theri Army on Rag fight with me riding a bear to shotgun Manticore. With your Rex's and that saddle 30 to 35k hp, rest melee, you should decimate that fight as long as Manticore lands.

SE should be even easier.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

A) Do 30k hp and rest melee. Dragon does 20 percent damage with breath regardless of hp so more damage and it should increase your chance to take it down before 5 breaths.

Yeah, I was also thinking it may have been because my rexes had too much health. But then again, my daedon died first and it only had 20k health. It probably just came down to my bad whistle game and improper daedon positioning. I guess I could try again with the lower health rexes, I'm just scared to lose again. Those caves are just sooooo annoying. Especially that snow cave. I don't want to lose again and have to do those caves again. 

I think I'll probably try the alpha manticore on se just to get the mutator. I've heard a lot of people saying that the manticore is one of the easiest bosses in the game. But then again people have also said its really hard with his torpor attacks and stuff. But it looks like the tributes are pretty simple to get. Then with that mutator I'll just spend a few days mutating godlike theris. I could probably even use that theri army for overseer and rockwell too. 

5 minutes ago, Wafool said:

Yeah, I was also thinking it may have been because my rexes had too much health. But then again, my daedon died first and it only had 20k health. It probably just came down to my bad whistle game and improper daedon positioning. I guess I could try again with the lower health rexes, I'm just scared to lose again. Those caves are just sooooo annoying. Especially that snow cave. I don't want to lose again and have to do those caves again. 

I think I'll probably try the alpha manticore on se just to get the mutator. I've heard a lot of people saying that the manticore is one of the easiest bosses in the game. But then again people have also said its really hard with his torpor attacks and stuff. But it looks like the tributes are pretty simple to get. Then with that mutator I'll just spend a few days mutating godlike theris. I could probably even use that theri army for overseer and rockwell too. 

If you're jumping servers grab the strong from jungle in rag, cunning from dark cave in rag. Immune is in same vace system on Rag but Swamp cave is easy enough.

Also take an otter leveled in weight. Otters can hold artifacts in their inventory. Including multiple of same kind.

Skylord is easier on island than Rag.

Manticore torpor can be irtitating but with your Rex hatch stats, it shouldn't be much of an issue. Just take a gas mask or haz helmet for yourself.

When we did Overseer, we used Rex, Theri, Yuty, and 2 Daedons but we mostly ran around on the ground shooting and just whistled tames in when he turned into bosses. 

Worked pretty well. 

Theri's are good for Brood, Monkey, Dragon, and Manticore. 

There are no Theri's allowed on Ab though, unless your cluster allows it. That's a different fight altogether. Lol.

Good luck for next time. Definitely get an otter and camp out for a few artifacts. Absolutely worth it. I feel the same way about caves. I always do well with them but drive myself crazy preparing for them when I don't end up using half the stuff I bring.

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

If you're jumping servers grab the strong from jungle in rag, cunning from dark cave in rag. Immune is in same vace system on Rag but Swamp cave is easy enough.

Also take an otter leveled in weight. Otters can hold artifacts in their inventory. Including multiple of same kind.

What!?!? I feel like such a newbie now. I had always assumed the artifacts were untransferrable like the tributes. I can get all those artifacts in less than an hour on the center. Thank you so much for that info. And the otter thing. I had no idea about that either. I've been meaning to catch me one for the insulation bonus. Looks like that jumped up the priority list. You have given me some amazing info.

13 hours ago, Wafool said:

So question about the lava. It could be possible that my improper placement and fighting got my dinos killed to lava. How does this lava work though? After the drag killed all my rexes. I rode my Yuty into the lava to see how much damage it was doing to my tames. Nothing. Did no damage to my Yuty. Is it because I was riding it? Does the lava only damage unridden dinos?

So I did the beta dragon a couple weeks ago. Used theri + yuty army. At one point the dragon hit my dinos with a fireball while it was flying and I forgot to put my tames on passive that moment so they start running towards the dragon. I whistled passive then to stop them and didnt realize I missed like 3 of them cause of the distance. Like 3 minutes later I noticed a few of the theri's were standing way out in the lava. I tried to quickly get them whistled back out of the lava at that point but they were definitely standing in lava for a good few minutes. Couldnt check their life during the fight, and I lost half the army anyway but I was also wondering why my theri's didnt die in the lava.

16 hours ago, Wafool said:

So, I play on an unofficial server with mostly vanilla rates. Breeding and gathering are slightly increased as well as difficulty I think is at 6 (lvl 180 wild dinos). I spent months mutating rexes. I got em popping out at 23000 health and 780 melee. I leveled them to 40k health and 1100 melee. I even found a friggan awesome rex saddle bp at 117 armor. I took 18 of these guys, a daedon, and a yuty to the obelisk and took on all three alpha bosses on the island. Alpha monkey was laughable. Most of my rexes had full health still after that fight. In alpha brood, somehow my daedon didnt get ported in. We still won with most of my rexes at about 10k hp left. So after this, I thought I could take on alpha dragon. WRONG. I got him to half health before he wiped all my dinos. I can make new rexes and saddles. I'm more annoyed by the fact that now I have to go do those stupid caves again. Obviously though, I'm not ready to take him on again. 

So about my future plans to beat the guy: the server I play on has s+ and the s+ mutator is enabled. So, I'm thinking I get that mutator and mutate up a theri army till they have like 2000 melee. The problem is that in order to unlock the mutator, I need to unlock the cloning chamber. Where would be the easiest place to unlock the cloning chamber? I was thinking since my rex army stood up to broodmother and monkey with relative ease, maybe I can hop over to scorched earth and take on the manticore. Would the alpha manticore fight in SE be possible with the same team I used for the alpha brood and alpha monkey? There's also Ragnarok. From what I've seen, you can take out the dragon faster and not deal with as many flame breaths on Ragnarok. I'm obviously not ready for alpha drake but could I take on alpha manticore or alpha Ragnarok? 

Rexes dont have fire resistance like herbivores(Deers/Theris etc). Granted the fire resistance only works against fire ball and lava in dragon arena. Fire breath goes through fire resistance and armor. 5 Breaths and any carnivore is down without healing. Theris can use cakes to heal for extra.

Hello,

The hardest boss is the alpha Island dragon.

Or let me write proudly the best designed boss.

It reads how and if dinos are imprinted and if imprinted by the tribe. So how can I think I know something like that?

Test and doing a lot of fights. First easy then harder fights. Always with different setups always with same players.

Alpha dragon,  I lost the first times, first win was with two surviving dinos. Today all survive. Therizinosaurus stats: 100% imprinted 22,5 k HP and all XP into melee, 70k to 110k xp gives 1700 to 1800 melee. No other dinos.

Hard and because of that so very fun.

Regards,

Ariana 

Archived