Community Crunch 188: Summer Bash, Sponsored Mods, and Maintenance

StudioWildcard

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

Summer Bash 2019

ARK_SummerBash_FeatureImage_1920x1080_reduced.jpg

Start your summer adventures in ARK tomorrow with the Summer Bash event.  Servers will begin to be updated around 17:00 UTC (10AM PDT).  If you missed the post, check out the details below!

Modding Community Update

Sponsored Mod Program applications are once again OPEN! If you are interested in sponsorship for your projects, please fill out the application here:
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/modding/apply-for-sponsorship/

The entry period for the ARK Modding contest has officially closed! We are now in a period of internal voting where we will select the finalists. Then, before you have a chance to vote on the finalists to determine the winner, we will be doing a round of spotlights on each of them. Best of luck to all of the mod authors that are participating!

Lastly, We have two new projects joining the Sponsored Mod Program today! Please check out these projects and show the authors some community love & support.

Automated ARK

large.AA_Logo_FullSize.png

If you are like me and live by the phrase "Work smart not hard" Then Automated ARK might be just the mod for you. Build up processing systems to handle all those materials you gather while you go to enjoy other aspects of the ARK. Automated ARK will handle the crafting work for you.

Antartika

large.AntartikaLogo.jpg

Do you like cold harsh environments? You might be crazy, but we still have just the map for you. Antartika is, as you would guess, a map that is themed around the icy environments. Survival will be a challenge on this map, but you're up to the challenge, right? ?

Happy Modding! ?

Server Maintenance/Updates

screenie.jpg

We'll be performing maintenance on July 3rd 4:00 PM UTC for servers specified in the posts below. Stay up to date with current maintenance or report outages using the links below.

Outages (ark.gg/outage)

Maintenance (ark.gg/maintenance)

For legacy players that had servers removed by the most recent migration:   Saves will be available by end of the week, which includes updated legacy PvE saves.

There will be no EVO event while Summer Bash is live.

Until next time!

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

No lie the past few community crunches have been a let down. Valguero was announced and that got the community super hyped. I was expecting new servers to come out with the new map but that didn’t happen. Console players can’t even play the map and as a pvp player watching it on YouTube kinda hurts. Small tribes has gotten to the point where you can’t build up unless you get really lucky. MTS is doing amazing and it would be amazing if you could implement that into official servers. Can you guys at least bring out a brand new cluster (3,10 or 25 man) on console so my peers and I can enjoy ark before summers over? 

?

?

Why ?

You announce an Event which is great. Sucks for console as PC get it on the new map while we still wait on release date . So again we fall behind . Plus During the event you choose to maintenance as well , how much is this going to stuff people around especially if break things while people are trying to breed . Last time this happened I knew people who lost alot of dinos.

So I expect we wont be getting a new map during a 2 week event taking us to the middle of July at the least for release.

• Like 1

Hello,

I am worried now. 

Server updates? Is the summer bash only for official ? Only PC maybe even?

Surly not. Nonono. Single player and console (no platform info). Please.

Edit: at the end of the vid "summer bash" it says XBOX PS4 STEAM. Sorry.

Edit again:

Ced answered yes to the question if the summer bash is client side aswell. So the event is for single player aswell. Phu. The simple yes came one hour ago 12ish passific time. So after some edits I am no longer worried.

Please include spawn codes for single player.

Can not wait. For the pizza now.

/Ariana

Edited by ArianaGaming

Why are people complaining about the release date of valquero on console? We should just be happy that we are even getting the map. Creating isn't no easy thing, it takes time and so much work to create digitally. Plus first releases are gonna have bugs and glitches, they're just working to make this perfect for console. They wanna make sure when we first get a hold of this map that it's polished. If they rushed it to just get it out, I doubt it would be any good. So just be happy theyre even finalising anything to make your game experience amazing. So hold on to your damn panties and just have a little patience. They'll release it when it's finished. There's nothing you can do about the release date but just wait ?

Edited by Ok8888
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 2

8 minutes ago, Ok8888 said:

Why are people complaining about the release date of valquero on console? We should just be happy that we are even getting the map. Creating isn't no easy thing, it takes time and so much work to create digitally. Plus first releases are gonna have bugs and glitches, they're just working to make this perfect for console. They wanna make sure when we first get a hold of this map that it's polished. If they rushed it to just get it out, I doubt it would be any good. So just be happy theyre even finalising anything to make your game experience amazing. So hold on to your damn panties and just have a little patience. They'll release it when it's finished. There's nothing you can do about the release date but just wait ?

Someone said the same for MC and it died on console. But yes WC have a lot to do just on console (other platforms).

I am fine with late December as well.not.

I still don't understand when you are addressing a worldwide community that you use the term "tomorrow". If it's 10am PST on Monday then it's 2am Tuesday morning in my time zone. If it's 10am PST on Tuesday then in my time zone it's 2am Wednesday morning. I am sure people in other time zones are also asking what exactly is 'tomorrow.' 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3

30 minutes ago, Xenorph said:

I still don't understand when you are addressing a worldwide community that you use the term "tomorrow". If it's 10am PST on Monday then it's 2am Tuesday morning in my time zone. If it's 10am PST on Tuesday then in my time zone it's 2am Wednesday morning. I am sure people in other time zones are also asking what exactly is 'tomorrow.' 

The trailer, the promo art, and the original post for the Summer Bash Event all stated the event is from July 2nd - July 17th. If you use that information and combine it with the information they gave us today, it should be extremely easy to figure out that "tomorrow" is July 2, 2019 at 10 AM PDT USA, 12 PM CST USA, 1 PM EST USA, 6 PM BST (British Summer Time) 5 PM GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), etc. It's not hard to read and use Google...

6 hours ago, Jae12 said:

No es mentira, las últimas crisis de la comunidad han sido una decepción. Valguero fue anunciado y eso consiguió que la comunidad fuera súper publicitada. Esperaba que los nuevos servidores salieran con el nuevo mapa, pero eso no sucedió. Los jugadores de la consola ni siquiera pueden jugar en el mapa y como jugador de pvp verlo en YouTube duele un poco. Las tribus pequeñas han llegado al punto en que no puedes construir a menos que tengas mucha suerte. MTS lo está haciendo de maravilla y sería increíble si pudiera implementarlo en los servidores oficiales. ¿Pueden ustedes al menos sacar un nuevo clúster (3,10 o 25 personas) en la consola para que mis compañeros y yo podamos disfrutar del arca antes de que termine el verano? 

Yo soy de consola, y si eso, puedes jugar a los apocalipsis, que se reinician cada mes, mientras esperas ??‍♂️

7 hours ago, Xenorph said:

That's why he used UTC.... You can convert to your time zone from there.

please bring Automated Ark to Console, If you you have any love for the console community you need to please do us this solid. We need to have it available as an option like they did for Prim +. This has to be the BEST mod currently for ARK available & gives so many quality of life benefits. CED i promise I will stop hassling you for MODs on Console if you get this implemented. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! #MakeArkGreat #BringAutomatedArkToConsole

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, Arksps4 said:

Still no Valguero for console?  Not even an exact date yet? Well this event is pointless for alot of us who are waiting to play till the new map comes out.  I was hoping for the map to release tomorrow so I could play the event but thanks for nothing WC

Look at the summer bash post again it states that valgeuro is released when the venue starts

• Facepalm 1