Can we stop with dinos spawning inside the base

JasonTheCTM

Can we stop with dinos spawning inside the base

Nothing better than waking up in the morning to find in ARK, "YOU WERE KILLED BY A LEVEL 5 RAPTOR", on the fourth floor of your base, in a bedroom with only one door, and it's locked.
Oh and the raptor also broke the wooden chests and large storage boxes in there which despawned your private collection of armor and weapons so tribe mates dont get sticky fingers.

Seriously what is the point of having a base if something can spawn next to you and kill you then break your stuff? At the very least, have the culprit responsible take your stuff into it's inventory so when you wake up, and it's still there you can beat the tar out of it and get your stuff back.

Some ways to fix this:
Players have offline damage protection while sleeping in a bed on a server with offline damage protection enabled
Creatures cannot spawn within 10 foundations of a locked door. Door must be locked and have a ceiling and atleast two walls attatched to the doorframe for this to work.

Death while offline uploads items to obelisk with a 3 day timer instead of a 24 hour timer. Can only be downloaded on the server that the death occurred. Can be done on servers that otherwise do not allow uploads/downloads

Bags dropped while dying offline are owned by the tribe that dropped them and have the same decay timer as thatch structures.

Sorry to hear this happened to you and I totally agree this needs to be fixed. You are playing Ark and you should know by now that everyone gets ARKED. This problem has been around since the beginning and I doubt it will ever be fixed. I play on official pve and have taken a page or 2 from the pvp folks and build defenses, install some turrets in and outside buildings. Also install vaults and store anything you care about in them. I use wooden boxes for temporary items and things that I wouldn't miss if they are destroyed.  

1 hour ago, JasonTheCTM said:

Got the turrets, the velonasaurs, all that jazz, doesn't make a difference. And a tek pod is for people that can afford it. I can't. So, rather than using DLC items to fix a problem with the base game, why don't we fix the problem. Not everyone owns aberration.

Why not? We gave you other options but you chose to focus on the one that is behind a DLC, with your DLC dinos. 

I dont know why you have a problem with dinos in your base - if youve done all the above mentioned it must be how you build. Do you foundation the rest of your base?

I have a problem with dino's in my base because they keep breaking stuff, containers with loot in them, damaging things that don't make sense because for some stupid reason certain metal and stone structures count as thatch or wood structures. Why, Idk. And it only ever happens when there's someone in a room. Had a tribemember DC in the generator room, a 2x2 with a eletrical, a tek gen, and a vault for fuel storage. He comes back on the next day, he's dead and there's a level 150 scorpion sitting there locked in that room now and the generator is damaged. I logged out in my private room on a bed, got eaten by a level 5 raptor, other tribemates in their beds, hyena food. We're literally 4 stories up in the air with floors between us and the ground, and more floors above us, and these dinos are just spawning ontop of us, and rather than do something about it the community is being forced to accept it as reality. I've got heavy turrets, plant X, velonasaurs, spinos on aggressive inside a dino leash, and still this stupidity happens. Only safe way to keep loot anymore are vaults, and it's retarded to have to out of necessity, have a vault in every single room of a superstructure where someone might log out/dc.  It's like having a factory defect on a car that makes it accelerate uncontrollably  and instead of doing a recall and fixing the problem everyone in the community says "just use cruise control and the brakes"

Archived