Is ARK playable/PvP

Cascco

Is ARK playable/PvP

Hey i was playing year ago on official PvP servers, is there a point to play solo or with friend on official PvP or Alpha tribes still dont allow to play on servers by kicking you out with they dinos ? I see they add a lot of new things and servers with new maps so , there should be anough space for all or my thinking goes to bad directions and nothing changed.

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:46 PM, Cascco said:

Is ARK playable/PvP

Hey i was playing year ago on official PvP servers, is there a point to play solo or with friend on official PvP or Alpha tribes still dont allow to play on servers by kicking you out with they dinos ? I see they add a lot of new things and servers with new maps so , there should be anough space for all or my thinking goes to bad directions and nothing changed.

Its definitely playable. As to your own particular case it really depends how experienced at the game you are. Playing in a small tribe can be quite challenging especially if you are facing larger tribes. Luckily there are Small Tribe servers which cater to small tribes. In any case even on normal servers if you know what you are doing you can play just fine even solo.

It sounds like you probably learn towards the more passive side of the PVP game in which case you should focus your efforts on diplomacy, chalking up alliances and maybe even join a larger tribe. With larger tribe tribes you'll find that they often consist of a bunch of fairly independent "inner" tribes working under the same umbrella. In such a tribe you could have the benefits of a small tribe such as doing your own thing (to a degree, attacking other tribes without permissions is generally not allowed but building bases is generally ok) with less of  the risks of a small tribe such as having your base blown up.

4 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Its definitely playable. As to your own particular case it really depends how experienced at the game you are. Playing in a small tribe can be quite challenging especially if you are facing larger tribes. Luckily there are Small Tribe servers which cater to small tribes. In any case even on normal servers if you know what you are doing you can play just fine even solo.

It sounds like you probably learn towards the more passive side of the PVP game in which case you should focus your efforts on diplomacy, chalking up alliances and maybe even join a larger tribe. With larger tribe tribes you'll find that they often consist of a bunch of fairly independent "inner" tribes working under the same umbrella. In such a tribe you could have the benefits of a small tribe such as doing your own thing (to a degree, attacking other tribes without permissions is generally not allowed but building bases is generally ok) with less of  the risks of a small tribe such as having your base blown up.

I was wiped a few months ago on an official server by this insanely huge tribe. Lost months worth of stuff overnight and they managed to soak 100 full turrets in 15 minutes on ORP.

So a few months later i come back, they don’t even recognize my names. I start kissing up to them and stuff. The leader of said huge tribe asks us to invite his daughter to our tribe but she was really spying on us. We played along and eventually they invited us.

One of them made me admin within 5 minutes of joining as they had to leave so i could invite my other friends. Let’s just say that’s the worst possible mistake they could have made. Kicked everyone out except the leader (it was 4 AM) and had a blast. Neutered all their breeding dinos, ate the eggs, demolished several tek clone devices and a lot of huge bases. Then i unclaimed everything to give to the free people of middle earth

10 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

I was wiped a few months ago on an official server by this insanely huge tribe. Lost months worth of stuff overnight and they managed to soak 100 full turrets in 15 minutes on ORP.

So a few months later i come back, they don’t even recognize my names. I start kissing up to them and stuff. The leader of said huge tribe asks us to invite his daughter to our tribe but she was really spying on us. We played along and eventually they invited us.

One of them made me admin within 5 minutes of joining as they had to leave so i could invite my other friends. Let’s just say that’s the worst possible mistake they could have made. Kicked everyone out except the leader (it was 4 AM) and had a blast. Neutered all their breeding dinos, ate the eggs, demolished several tek clone devices and a lot of huge bases. Then i unclaimed everything to give to the free people of middle earth

See this post is proof that you are a TOXIC player. No more backing down, you are an insider the worst of the worst, meshers are bad but insiders are pure garbage. The nerve you have to call me or any other PvP player out as a horrible people in the real world and here you are the king of trolls finally admitting your douching behavior. 

As for playable it totally is. Mind you will come across players like this Dbag but most players really don't care, just bring a good attitude.

20 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

See this post is proof that you are a TOXIC player. No more backing down, you are an insider the worst of the worst, meshers are bad but insiders are pure garbage. The nerve you have to call me or any other PvP player out as a horrible people in the real world and here you are the king of trolls finally admitting your douching behavior. 

As for playable it totally is. Mind you will come across players like this Dbag but most players really don't care, just bring a good attitude.

I insided a tribe that had completely obliterated us and countless other tribes, they were bullies who were too stupid to set up decent security. It’s 100% their fault for being so naive to think they’re untouchable. 

Nothing douchy at all, if anything the server i was on became a free state lol. I even saw a dozen or so of my allies cryopod tames when i raided their fridge and I had like 30 people THANKING me. Real Dbag, i know. How does this make me a troll at all?

I probably called you out before because you most likely did something stupid like kill an innocent tribes passives. Honestly I don’t even remember your username but you should take a chill pill. Cyanide works too

4 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

I insided a tribe that had completely obliterated us and countless other tribes, they were bullies who were too stupid to set up decent security. It’s 100% their fault for being so naive to think they’re untouchable. 

Nothing douchy at all, if anything the server i was on became a free state lol. I even saw a dozen or so of my allies cryopod tames when i raided their fridge and I had like 30 people THANKING me. Real Dbag, i know. 

I probably called you out before because you most likely did something stupid like kill an innocent tribes passives. Honestly I don’t even remember your username but you should take a chill pill. Cyanide works too

Oh so some players that were clearly better then you but still good people given they invited you to their tribe, deserved to be Insided? Nobody from PvP will say that you did a good deed and everyone will actively hunt people like you down. Go figure nobody trusts randoms because of people like you.

Yes this game can be played in pvp just realize that if you get raided it's not a cause for bad blood. Just people playing the game. 

11 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

Oh so some players that were clearly better then you but still good people given they invited you to their tribe, deserved to be Insided? Nobody from PvP will say that you did a good deed and everyone will actively hunt people like you down. Go figure nobody trusts randoms because of people like you.

Yes this game can be played in pvp just realize that if you get raided it's not a cause for bad blood. Just people playing the game. 

It’s most definitely bad blood when they offline kill every one of your animals that took a combined time of months to build up..

Maybe a lot of folk that play this game is a nolifer but i actually can’t deal with that crap on a regular basis. How could you just shake something like that off and say “welp better luck next time? Guess i’ll rebuild. Wait Jessica you’re breaking up with me? And you’re taking the kids too?” *Smells armpits*

And bigger numbers most certainly does not mean better than me. You can’t compete if you’re a 2 person tribe against 30, all the skills in the world wouldn’t save you. 

12 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

Interesting story. Insiding is one of the most effective and treacherous moves one can make in ARK. Highly effective but to some dishonourable and by going by your standards from previous posts no doubt it would be "toxic".

12 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

I do find it interesting that in the past he has criticized my actions as being evil even though what I am doing is actual PVP as opposed to what he has done by his own admission which is insiding. That said I don't have anything against insiding its a legitimate play and part of the game and to be honest there are situations where it is the only effective way to crush another tribe such as for instance when trying to eradicate an alpha/mega tribe.

I just wish Mack The Knife would drop the pretence that he's Luke Skywalker and admit he is a Sith Lord like some of us are. I like killing other players and making their ingame life unpleasant I am not afraid to admit that.

12 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

It’s most definitely bad blood when they offline kill every one of your animals that took a combined time of months to build up..

Maybe a lot of folk that play this game is a nolifer but i actually can’t deal with that crap on a regular basis. How could you just shake something like that off and say “welp better luck next time? Guess i’ll rebuild. Wait Jessica you’re breaking up with me? And you’re taking the kids too?” *Smells armpits*

And bigger numbers most certainly does not mean better than me. You can’t compete if you’re a 2 person tribe against 30, all the skills in the world wouldn’t save you. 

No more crying on the forums about ethics and toxicity in PvP after insiding. You’ve lost that card.

2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I just wish Mack The Knife would drop the pretence that he's Luke Skywalker and admit he is a Sith Lord like some of us are. I like killing other players and making their ingame life unpleasant I am not afraid to admit that. 

that statement alone sums up pvp ,, self entitled little snots with no lives out to ruin others enjoyment ,,,, and you wonder why this game is dying like a worm on a hot sidewalk , its maggots like this guy 

5 minutes ago, Yanozha said:

Ark Pvp is horrible ,, don't waste your time , go play a real pvp game that isn't a duping back stabbing horrible mess , Overwatch or CsGo ,,, ark pvp will only leave you frustrated

Those are casual PVP experiences for casual gamers. ARK in comparison is total war, the complete package. Endless war that rages on online and offline.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:06 PM, Cascco said:

I dont mind beeing raided if raiders will leave some structures so i can rebuild base but i have experience that Chineese ppl just totally wiped my base to totally zero and it wasnt small. 

When I raid I slaughter all tames passive or not, dump and destroy every structure of even slight value to that tribe. This includes stuff like TEK replicators, TEK gens, really anything TEK, chem benches, industrial forges, fridges, generators so on. If they have built stupidly ie a base that is a tall tower with a small amount of foundations then I will also destroy those foundations. I also dump any loot that I won't be taking with me even fairly cheap stuff like stone or wood. It all has to go.

The idea is to hit the big reset button on their progress and thus limiting their ability to enact revenge. Maximum damage for minimal investment.

I also destroy all auto turrets. I notice a lot of tribes when they raid a base and knock out the power they tend to leave the unpowered auto turrets alone which is a big mistake. It doesn't take much for the raided tribe to put down a new generator and have a fairly defendable base once again or to simply pickup and move all the turrets to a new base somewhere else. Not only that but it's dead cheap to destroy an auto turret (2 grenades for a normal) and you are bound to nearly always get your moneys worth in ammo if you destroy the ones that weren't on the side of the base you raided.

9 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

as long as wildcord does nothing about the meshing problem, the game is not ready. it will remain garbage. no more then a showcase of what the engine can do.

They will and it will be called Ark 2. It's not a hard concept to understand that the initial programming is flawed and the only way to implement said "fix" would be to to start all over again. 

Now I don't know about the rest of you but a sequel sounds great and it makes more sense then beating the golden goose to death. 

Archived