Offline Damage Protection is ruining PvE

JonasHR

30 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

again, blocking is against the CoC,  even placing a bunch of dino's in someones base to where they can't build / move their own dino's out is considered blocking and a reportable offense,

Honestly you guys need to read up on the CoC for the PvE aspect of the game,  even in this case dino's had been deleted, and one tribe was warned to move them or lose everything which they moved the dino's promptly and the issue never came about from them again.

all the parked dinos and rafts where autodecayed after 8 days. every week i get a new player. enforcement wont help me because there response time might be to slow.
the whole server knows i dont want anybody in my base. but the new players dont know that.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Boshek77 said:

I still build my bases like ORP doesn't exist.  I guess it is a holdover from legacy days.  

Its still good practice to build as if ORP doesnt exist, I mean how do you keep your base safe when online ? I cant beleive people actually dont bother to properly defend there territory, its lazy and thats how you lose stuff. I am particularly thinking of the gasbag debacle recently.

Tbf I too have been a bit lax on the defense front recently.  Been a bit lax with the plant x and turrets in someways. Just the other day there I found a sabertooth munching on a group of passives, the kentro it was munching on was outline of sighting the tek turret.

I Play PvE because i do not like PvP my base is wel protected againt dinos but not against players because i am on a PvE server. Removing ORP means alot of griefing pulling wild dinos etc.. even if it against the CoC. If they remove ORP then WIldcard needs to invest more on active GM's  that are on the server with better toolsets.

Like another player said somwere here removing ORP is helping the trolls griefers etc.. have seen this in early acces.  Not to forget the bugs/glitches that still randomly appear in the game... 

Btw, response time of ticket on obelisk blocking is 2-4h and structure blocking few days maybe faster (from experience) @BertNoobians but having to do this each week is annoying.

3 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

all the parked dinos and rafts where autodecayed after 8 days. every week i get a new player. enforcement wont help me because there response time might be to slow.
the whole server knows i dont want anybody in my base. but the new players dont know that.

don't build on a spawn zone.   Build walls around your base to keep players out.   Two simple things one can do to avoid having players going inside their base.

I do believe that current PVE settings (including ORP) are the best, especially for Extinction and Aberration (due to damn drakes and nameless who spawns inside base in blue biome). Don't want be afraid of corrupted dino dropped over my head. Can now build something beautiful without need to plant ton of X-plants which are looks awful. So I prefer to leave current settings as it is.

If people blocked some critical spawn points you can always report them and most likely admins will do smth to help.

As always its great to have a bunch of people who don't play official PVE to tell us how official PVE should be played.

Yes, ORP is destroying PVE.

It's not the 15-30 second stutter and/or rubberbanding every 15 minutes when the server saves.

It's not the old tribes that leave massive bases and just log in to fill their generators and refresh their timers just taking up space and killing spawns.

Or the tribes that build 5 massive bases because "sandbox game you can do whatever!  DERP!" killing more dino spawns.

It's not years of mutation stackings that makes breeding anything on your own feel pointless.

It's not the poopty devs who refuse to fix the most basic things.

No, it's definitely ORP, the one thing  that protects my dinos and blueprints when I'm not there, the only 2 things that keep me playing this mess of a game.

In my opinion anyone who is playing pve and complaining about orp, probably just wants to grief someone and destroy their base and kill their tames and claim their land. Which if that's the case, go play pvp quit trying to turn my PVE experience into some kind of PVP for wussies. I'm playing pve because I don't want to deal with crap like getting killed by other players, if I logged off and came back on with no dinos no base and some guy who pulled titanosaurs or gigas to my base to destroy it had pillared it and claimed it as his, I would delete the game and be done with it as would my spouse, no more money from us for dlc or whatever else the come out with. We spent tons of time building our pve base and tames, I expect all of my hard work to not be able to be destroyed by other people, if not, then what is the point of having a bunch of pve servers?

Seriously, if you want to destroy a persons base and loot it, or kill someones dinosaurs, they have a mode for that, PVP, if you don't have the desire to play on the pvp servers to do pvp, that's on you, but don't try to ruin my PVE experience just because you not good enough to survive on pvp... 

Edit: Earlier someone said they didn't like that tribemates can kill each other, but me and my spouse love sneaking up on eachother and tranqing each other or having a old western showdown at high noon, but I could understand how some people might abuse that fuction.

Archived