Offline Damage Protection is ruining PvE

JonasHR

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Foundation inside your walls, put plantx. If that doesnt work - dino on passive eith tethered attack dimorphs,raptors or anything you have extra.. theri, allo, rex whatever. If all else a turret or two inside. Bullets are easy and what else you really use gunpowder for outside taming darts? 

Turrets dont target Titans and if a giga gets in you needed higher walls

Exactly! You have what is needed to defend your own base, Plant X, Turrets, Velos, Yutys, Golems, Allos...

People are missing the point here : A big part of the game is dead because of ORP, as someone mentioned PvE ark these days are basically cattle ranchers

Here is another Example why ORP is ruining PvE :

Screenshot_3.jpg

4 hours ago, JonasHR said:

Exactly! You have what is needed to defend your own base, Plant X, Turrets, Velos, Yutys, Golems, Allos...

People are missing the point here : A big part of the game is dead because of ORP, as someone mentioned PvE ark these days are basically cattle ranchers

Here is another Example why ORP is ruining PvE :

Screenshot_3.jpg

Image says nothing this is one players that uses this kind of set up the server has more players.  If the player would use a box building with spikes and turrets and plants (would happen when orp is off)another player would say pve is cattle  ranches aswel because they put ugly buildings to stock their dino’s in.

New pve servers without orp and change in coc that allows pulling wild dino’s to bases that is the option. And then we will have fun at forums. 

I mean I dont get it, PVE just seems like such split and confused community, atleast with PVP you know exactly what you are getting. It really seems like PVE players have no idea what they really want, I wouldnt be surprised to find that many players who are against the ORP are upset they can't as easily manipulate the E in PVE to make it PVP, While others seem to just be upset that PVE is now even more easy mode than it was before.

To me I really don't think there is any pleasing the PVE community, either people are spamming pillars all over the place to stop noobs and others from building in the area and making everything look ugly while leaving little to no build space, or it's noobs who are setting up shacks everywhere and ruining resource spawns and making the noob areas uninhabitable, or people are luring wild dinos to essentially PVP in PVE just in an indirect way, And now people are not even bothering with structures and are just leaving their dinos out in the open. Like honestly, first complain people build too many useless bases and take up space, then complain that people arent even buidling structures and going all nomadic with their dinos. Complain that people are luring wild dinos to kill tames, then complain it's too easy when you can now leave dinos out in the open without wild dinos aggroing them. It's like a group of Irate schizophrenics.... 

PVE is supposed to be easier than PVP, it is supposed to remove other players as a in game threat and make other players as benign as possible. If you now feel that things have been made way too easy, well you only have the rest of the PVE community to blame for this. All these changes have been wildcards response to players not being able to let go of PVP elements in PVE, it is almost ingrained in them and they just can't help themselves. You join PVE servers because you dislike the hostile rough nature of PVP servers, but something inside you just makes you want to still mess with other players in some way. It's like everyone wants to be safe from other players but still be able to mess with them, which is having your cake and eating it.

If you dislike these changes and you have done any of the following then you are the reason these changes exist:

Ever lured a wild Dino to another players base or tames

Ever pillared a part of the map to discourage others from building

Ever spammed bases around to block resource spawns and starve others

Ever got onto forums to complain about any of the above ( this last one is probably the most direct activity that has brought these changes into effect)

PVE is the Frankenstein that has been created by the human want for safety but corrupted by the human desire to be a sausage head ?‍♂️

@HoboNation the 10 people that post in this topic does not represents the whole PVE community this includes me it is our point of view, because someone starts a topic it does not mean he speaks for the whole pve community. On the servers i play i never seen players complain how bad pve is how is it is etc etc. everyone is playing their game having fun. the Communities are social, chat is active and there are trades. So this topic or any other topic concerning pve is observation of each player. The forum posts often make things worst then it is ofcourse there is also truth in it.

I do not play PVP ark pvp is not for me but if you see from pve perspective you always see players complain about how easy it is or how hard and how op the dino is and so on.......

But i think there was also PVPVE or so maybe thats another option aswel.

The OP simply wants to be able to grief people when they're offline. Why else would anyone want both ORP removed AND Flyer carrry enabled? Anyone who was around that first week or so when flyer carry was enabled on PVE would remember that people simply couldn't behave. Passive-aggressive players are the worst kind of PVE player.

As for people using second character to place billboards/metal spikes around OSD's.... wildcard can fix that without removing ORP.  But even so, why does it even matter to you? This is PVE.

5 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

The OP simply wants to be able to grief people when they're offline. Why else would anyone want both ORP removed AND Flyer carrry enabled? Anyone who was around that first week or so when flyer carry was enabled on PVE would remember that people simply couldn't behave. Passive-aggressive players are the worst kind of PVE player.

As for people using second character to place billboards/metal spikes around OSD's.... wildcard can fix that without removing ORP.  But even so, why does it even matter to you? This is PVE.

they are to lazy to send a ticket waiting that it wil magically dissapear..... or to have a nice topic for on the forums.

4 hours ago, HoboNation said:

PVE is supposed to be easier than PVP, it is supposed to remove other players as a in game threat and make other players as benign as possible.

The only way to remove other players from being a threat is to play single player mode. Other players are human and all/some/most will act on their human desires. It's a multiplayer game expect to have to deal with people. The way WC setup PVE gave players no in-game method to deal with problem players. PvE has been neglected as a mode since the beginning. It's not PvE anymore like 5 mins of survival then a building breeding sim. There needs to be actual Environmental threats.

1 minute ago, MIsterMayhem said:

Lol here you go again about removing pve. Pve has more players and is highly likely to have more time played. 

This statement maybe be true of all servers unofficial inclued. But its likely not true of official servers only, since there are so few PvE servers. And they are pillared and tame capped preventing new player retention.

3 minutes ago, MIsterMayhem said:

Your sooooo tunnel visioned on pc and unofficial servers. There more people on console than pc I’d wager lmao. Not everyone can afford gaming pcs.

But no accessible statistics. Plus hosting an unofficial server for consoles requires renting, a second console, or the xbox/wind10 compatibility and a computer. I would imagine plenty of console people play local split screen with all the complaint threads about no slider for host tether.

We can debate about facts, opinions, and statistics all day. But it boils down to the devs created Ark to amazingly customizable both with settings and mods (sorry console players).

If you are unhappy with where you are playing, then maybe you made the wrong choice.

And I have never played PvP, but all types of PvE servers and single player.

25 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

This statement maybe be true of all servers unofficial inclued. But its likely not true of official servers only, since there are so few PvE servers. And they are pillared and tame capped preventing new player retention.

Ive been playing on official xbox pve servers for like 8 or 9 months. Gone to over 20 servers of all different maps, never once have I run into a tame capped server, and also never had a problem finding a place to build. Maybe what you say is true for PC for definitely not xbox, your info seems outdated.

48 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Well I play on four PVE servers and none are capped (different maps) and lots of free space to build. Think most people dont want to breed for a week and losing it to a bullying troll while offline. If I want fps there is lots of better games.

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2019 at 9:05 PM, JonasHR said:

Offline Damage Protection is runing PvE

Dear Wildcard,

Since adoption of Offline damage protection PvE server's went crazy... all aspects of survival game are gone  and you can find:

-With Dino Leash people don't even build bases anymore... just lay dinos everywhere with leashes since they can be killed by anything,

-People leave dinos at obelisk area blocking

-Dinos blocking paths

-Dinos abandoned at spawn resources

You can find people's dino trough the entire map and this is a HUGE mass, bring back the excitement of actually survival, to be careful about dinos outside, to plan bases to be safe.

If you can't remove Offline damage protection at least let all flyers take wild dinos like PvP does

NO! NO! NO!  Its perfect the way is!

We are arguing whether or not to get rid of ORP, Offline Damage Protection, also known as Offline Raid Protection.

This is a game dynamic and it does not have a wiki page describing it.  I cannot edit the wiki myself because I'm elderly and my mind is to slushy to stay put.  The solid info I could find was from a poster on these forums named Guest:

On 3/12/2018 at 11:34 AM, Guest DJRone89 said:

ORP servers have a 15 minute (default) countdown timer once all of the tribe has gone offline and then activates. Once initiated, all of your structures and dinos are immune to damage.

Your structures are completely locked while ORP is activated but your defences won’t fire either.

Be careful that other tribes don’t follow your online pattern because they can avoid all of your defences and wait to raid you once you get back online.

So while there are obvious perks to this game mode there are also a few cons like the one mentioned above. Also, people have been known to make alt accounts and block your entryways with dinos because you can’t damage them.

Another side note is that alliances are disabled on all ORP servers.

ORP serves it's purpose well and the decay timers do the rest so no do not get rid of ORP.

Looking at OP's argument it does not seem to be about ORP at all but about dino blockage.  If someone is blocking a cave entrance you need to send in a support ticket reporting them for blocking your path with video or photo backup.  Keep it private between you and WC support do not blame and shame on the forums.

The only thing I could possibly see being considered wrong with ORP is it taking a threat away from the game making the game slightly easier which does not appeal to some.  In that case there are other ways to increase the difficulty.  Making decay timers even shorter.  Introducing another species similar to the Ichthyosaurus so your eyes will be on the sky a bit more.  

The 15 minutes of threat after log out seem to be enough.  If there is nothing coming around to eat your dinos in those 15 minutes it is probably because the server is over crowded with buildings that are blocking spawn ins.  

On 7/1/2019 at 3:04 PM, apertaoxis said:

ORP is the worst thing they invented. This game is no longer a survival game. Now everyone throws their trash dino anywhere and disconnect without worry because they know nothing is going to attack. I prefer the end of ORP.

It was necessary because of a******s kiting dino's where they shouldn't. There have always been cowards who used PvP rules to grief other players because the cowards are afried to compete in PvP. It's always jerks and a******s that force rules like this to be created. If everyone respected how PvE is supposed to work then ORP would never have been needed.

Archived