Offline Damage Protection is ruining PvE

JonasHR

Offline Damage Protection is runing PvE

Dear Wildcard,

Since adoption of Offline damage protection PvE server's went crazy... all aspects of survival game are gone  and you can find:

-With Dino Leash people don't even build bases anymore... just lay dinos everywhere with leashes since they can be killed by anything,

-People leave dinos at obelisk area blocking

-Dinos blocking paths

-Dinos abandoned at spawn resources

You can find people's dino trough the entire map and this is a HUGE mass, bring back the excitement of actually survival, to be careful about dinos outside, to plan bases to be safe.

If you can't remove Offline damage protection at least let all flyers take wild dinos like PvP does

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They still get damaged just take less. I know cause I lost 2 leveled boss Rex's that I used to hold a sh** ton of stuff. When I logged in they died by a dilo even with ORP :D

and flyers grabbing wild Dino's never gonna happen again. They disabled it for a reason, for example, u grab a random sarco and throw inside someone's base walls and it kills all his Dino's making the wall useless, it's pve not pvp

ps: u could have posted this on suggestion part not in general discussion. That is if u want wildcard to ever read it

5 minutes ago, Klakky said:

They still get damaged just take less. I know cause I lost 2 leveled boss Rex's that I used to hold a sh** ton of stuff. When I logged in they died by a dilo even with ORP :D

Not sure what kind of bad luck you got but dilo's don't aggro on Rex's so if a dilo killed your Rex it must of been attacking something under your Rex's feet.

ORP also makes dino's immune to damage. I think it may actually make the ORP dino's invisible to the wildlife. I've seen Allo's walk right by ORP Anky like it wasn't there.

9 minutes ago, Klakky said:

This is incorrect. ORP isn’t instant and requires a countdown before it’s activated so your dinos took damage during the countdown period and not after.

1 minute ago, SaltyMonkey said:

This is incorrect. ORP isn’t instant and requires a countdown before it’s activated so your dinos took damage during the countdown period and not after.

Bet it was a Pego for 15 minutes, then ORP, they were low hp, during load in until he got death message a dilo was attacking a dodo under the Rex's feet.

Boy is that bad luck if that's what happened.

The introduction of ORP to PvE was one of the best QoL features ever added. Heck I dont think I would be still be playing if it wasnt a thing. Sure it has made some people lazy, but in a game as addictive as Ark its important that you can indeed log of safe in the knowledge that everything will still be there when you log back on. If the game wants to challenge me it can do so when I am online and am able to react to a problem, not wipe me when I am asleep.

I probably should have mentioned it was a corrupt dilo someone lured into the city, he wasnt around when I logged off and to go around would take 10ish minutes and for one a low level corrupt dilo cant kill 2 boss rex's with 45k hp in 5min and also my velonosaurs kill every wild dino on sight, but when ORP kicks in they ignore their agressive order for some reason till they get attacked, tested that with another account.

ORP is one off the best features that where add, griefers/trolls/little kids, cryers land stealers you name them they only went active when you got offline luring gigas, rock elementals, wyverns etc etc anything you could not kill while offline. Only reason i mostly when i see someone that does not like ORP is because they cannot loot the base/base by luring wild dinos. 

FOR these they go a real good team when you send a ticket they clean it within 2-4hours depending what it is blocking dinos on obelisk is less then 4h mostly, so go ticket frenzy.

Blowing off steam on forums does not help.

6 hours ago, JonasHR said:

nce adoption of Offline damage protection PvE server's went crazy... all aspects of survival game are gone  and you can find:

-With Dino Leash people don't even build bases anymore... just lay dinos everywhere with leashes since they can be killed by anything,

-People leave dinos at obelisk area blocking

-Dinos blocking paths

-Dinos abandoned at spawn resources

Yes, having ORP is the only thing that kept my interest going on Extinction pve servers. We constantly had people kiting corrupted wyverns, gigas etc, to us and other's bases, killing dinos, destroying bases. Real pvp action on pve...

We set up alliance tribes to build our perimeter structures, and played with an alt tribe, with the structures having the ORP,  it was the only way we could actually play.

We have box tribes still trying to devour the entire map for themselves...

Fine and dandy reporting this issue, if you have enough 'proof', not always easy to capture that info, and meanwhile, you still had everything destroyed. 

No ORP in PVE= great victory for the griefers

Im on the fence. With corrupt dinos I believe ORP was a great additition for this (even if it was before) and ORP helps the usual bob from having their hut wiped. Maybe im a bit nostalgic but I remember good things about no offline raid protection.

If a troll tribe was getting the server? Band together and toss a giga in his base. People leaving stuff around Obelisk? Lure it off a cliff with a Diplo.

I dont miss waking up to a giga munching your base but it made stronger players. You built with preventive  measures.. walls.. put stuff in buildings you know, made a base. Im not a fan of the spread out no base meta.

I could do with or without it

10 minutes ago, d1nk said:

You built with preventive  measures.. walls.. put stuff in buildings you know

i use to have a theri spawning in a building you would not expect that it ever would spawn. SInce ORP i dont have the issue that a dino is killed by something that should not spawn inside a base. Ofc you can take preventive measures but how long wil that last if you are offline for 3 days maybe and playber B keeps pulling gigas, titan etc to your base that drains all your resources. Walls and gates area not 100% protection from dinos spawning in base.  if they would turn of ORP they might aswel change COC again.

42 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

i use to have a theri spawning in a building you would not expect that it ever would spawn. SInce ORP i dont have the issue that a dino is killed by something that should not spawn inside a base. Ofc you can take preventive measures but how long wil that last if you are offline for 3 days maybe and playber B keeps pulling gigas, titan etc to your base that drains all your resources. Walls and gates area not 100% protection from dinos spawning in base.  if they would turn of ORP they might aswel change COC again.

Back in the days before ORP I had everything spawn inside my dino barn when offline from allos to alpha raptors... I resorted to building plant species X inside my dino barn it was insane lol. 

27 minutes ago, apertaoxis said:

ORP is the worst thing they invented. This game is no longer a survival game. Now everyone throws their trash dino anywhere and disconnect without worry because they know nothing is going to attack. I prefer the end of ORP.

The game is still a survival game.  The diference being that however I am not still playing the game even when logged off. Even with ORP if I were to leave my dinos unattended outside my base in the open, sonethings going to get it eventually. 

37 minutes ago, apertaoxis said:

ORP is the worst thing they invented. This game is no longer a survival game. Now everyone throws their trash dino anywhere and disconnect without worry because they know nothing is going to attack. I prefer the end of ORP.

I tend to agree with this. PvE is already more of a simulation than survival anyways. Having ORP means lots of defensive elements aren't even used.

14 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

The introduction of ORP to PvE was one of the best QoL features ever added. Heck I dont think I would be still be playing if it wasnt a thing. Sure it has made some people lazy, but in a game as addictive as Ark its important that you can indeed log of safe in the knowledge that everything will still be there when you log back on. If the game wants to challenge me it can do so when I am online and am able to react to a problem, not wipe me when I am asleep.

Minor quibble.

Offline raid protection is not a quality of life change. It is a massive change to a fundamental game mechanic. A quality-of-life Change Would Be adding the F key which bypasses the behavior wheel and goes straight to inventory.

A rule of thumb to distinguish is that a quality of life will be almost universally accepted while a change to the fundamental game mechanics will typically split the player base.

1 minute ago, apertaoxis said:

We are looking like cattle ranchers.

PvE really needed simulated raids. Like 7d2d or Conan. Where you actually have to defend. Like dinos going crazy ever x number of days or certain structures placed will trigger dino attacks. Or even a pillar seeking land leed.

But really PvE was an afterthought and was simply just turning off PvP. No foresight into the consequences of this. There should have been both diplomacy and cooperation mechanics added. Like making things truly public use. Or personal ownership, but a permissions system. Diplomacy for dealing with disruptive players in game as a collective.

3 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

Foundation inside your walls, put plantx. If that doesnt work - dino on passive eith tethered attack dimorphs,raptors or anything you have extra.. theri, allo, rex whatever. If all else a turret or two inside. Bullets are easy and what else you really use gunpowder for outside taming darts? 

Turrets dont target Titans and if a giga gets in you needed higher walls

Archived