Babies Eating Way More After Last Update

DeHammer

Babies Eating Way More After Last Update

Since updating yesterday I've noticed that baby dinos are eating through troughs of meat in minutes. I have two Spinos maturing right now. When I began I had five troughs filled, with preserving salts, which lasts almost two real world days. Obviously babies eat more and normally they'd take one of troughs down to 0 after a couple of hours. They cleaned out two troughs quickly, so I filled them again. Then went hunting for more meat and on my return about 15 minutes later one of those troughs was gone and the other half eaten. Anyone else noticing an issue after updating? 

Help with food and juveniles

Hello everybody,

First sorry for my bad English, I'm French! 

I've a question, i ve a dedicated server with an ark session. I saw when I stay with my many tamed dinos, they eat normally in the Feeding Through, but when I'm away and I go back just after, they eat everything. All my feeding through are empty in 2 minutes... I suppose it s the "stase" who works like this.. 

But! When a dino is juvenile, he needs to eat in the Feeding Through.. So how can he eat if the feeding through is empty when I go to another place in the map..? 

I put thausand of meet in my different feeding through but my juveniles are very very often dead because of that. I never can't go or disconnect a few times ..? 

My server settings about breeding

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.2
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=8
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=8
BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier=1.0
BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier=1.0
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.50

BabyCuddleGracePeriodMultiplier=1.0

BabyCuddleLoseImprintQualitySpeedMultiplier=1.0

Thanks for your answers! 

The problem persists. It's not just that Spinos eat like pigs. I hatched two Rexes last night as a test. Everything seemed fine through the baby stage and they were about 20% mature when I left the game, with all five troughs filled with meat. They then ate their way through five troughs of meat and starved to death at adolescent stage. 

I should add... not a single piece of spoiled meat in the troughs, and mature dino food consumption is as per normal. It's just new dinos and possibly just at adolescent stage, not baby stage. Since we use an S+ nanny but don't trust her to feed, I filled the baby's inventories with meat as well. They were indeed eating from their own inventories through the first 10% then switched to the troughs. Feed consumption during the first 10% seemed fine. They also seemed fine up to when I last checked them and the troughs at around 20%. 

6 minutes ago, LarryLafer said:

We are currently raising Gigas and we thought they were eating way more than the last time we raised. So I compared the actual consumption rate versus Crumplecorn's ARK Breeding Calculator and they were very similar results. So I don't know if they are eating more or not this is on Xbox official pve .

It's a mod that's the problem, not official servers.

Help with food and juveniles

Hello everybody,

First sorry for my bad English, I'm French! 

I've a question, i ve a dedicated server with an ark session. I saw when I stay with my many tamed dinos, they eat normally in the Feeding Through, but when I'm away and I go back just after, they eat everything. All my feeding through are empty in 2 minutes... I suppose it s the "stase" who works like this.. 

But! When a dino is juvenile, he needs to eat in the Feeding Through.. So how can he eat if the feeding through is empty when I go to another place in the map..? 

I put thausand of meet in my different feeding through but my juveniles are very very often dead because of that. I never can't go or disconnect a few times ..? 

My server settings about breeding 

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.2
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=8
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=8
BabyFoodConsumptionSpeedMultiplier=1.0
BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier=1.0
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.50

BabyCuddleGracePeriodMultiplier=1.0

BabyCuddleLoseImprintQualitySpeedMultiplier=1.0

My mods are Structure Plus, Awesome Spyglass, Dino Quick Recovery, Death Recovery Mod and I play on the map Volcano

Thanks for your answers !

12 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

It's the S+ nanny. Only use her to imprint not feed. Leave her inventory empty.

Can you clarify? Are you saying that the S+ Nanny is the cause of the baby dinos eating through the S+ food troughs in a matter of minutes, even though the babies are well past 10% and in adolescent stage? 

I could see her being at fault for baby deaths below 10%, but how would she be connected to the issue of adolescent babies eating through food troughs so quickly? 

4 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Can you clarify? Are you saying that the S+ Nanny is the cause of the baby dinos eating through the S+ food troughs in a matter of minutes, even though the babies are well past 10% and in adolescent stage? 

I could see her being at fault for baby deaths below 10%, but how would she be connected to the issue of adolescent babies eating through food troughs so quickly? 

The nanny now adds 2 buffs imprinting and eating. It seems the eating buff persists till adulthood. Orionsun is out of town and aware of the issue and a fix will come soon.

The short term fixes is don't give nannies food so they never apply the eating buff. So only use the nanny for imprints.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/731604991/1639789306548320406/

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/731604991/1639789306544494985/

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

The nanny now adds 2 buffs imprinting and eating. It seems the eating buff persists till adulthood. Orionsun is out of town and aware of the issue and a fix will come soon.

The short term fixes is don't give nannies food so they never apply the eating buff. So only use the nanny for imprints.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/731604991/1639789306548320406/

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/731604991/1639789306544494985/

Thanks!

50 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Remember life before the s+ nanny?

It's funny, because I just started using her. In fact, I just learned about the 'pull' function. I've been living it hard for the last 1500 hrs of game play, when things could have been SOOO much easier. LOL. 

I guess I truly am a survivor. :)

12 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

It's funny, because I just started using her. In fact, I just learned about the 'pull' function. I've been living it hard for the last 1500 hrs of game play, when things could have been SOOO much easier. LOL. 

I guess I truly am a survivor. :)

I read through the s+ bug report thread and it like the end of the world. 

Archived