Cave Mounts

k1ra

Cave Mounts

Hello all, I’m trying to decide between Sabertooth and Direwolf for my Cave Runs. I like them both but I feel like having two of them for the same utility is needless. I plan to tame two and breed/imprint them for the best Torpor as I’m using them for Cave Runs. So should I use Wolves or Sabers? Taming is not a problem, I have kibble and pretty good resources. I know you can use other things for cave runs but I really like these two and I’ve tried them both before, just not sure which you guys would consider the best. Thanks!

Wolves, definitely. If you’re up for the Ice Cave, snag an implant (or two, for breeding, which is even better) and you’re set for all of your caving needs. If not, any wolf will do. I believe a wolf has some slightly better stats than a saber, but I’ll have to check. They have skills that a sabertooth does not possess, such as the pack buff, and I just think they’re great.

And if we’re being super picky, I think they look better, too...

You all forget he might not be playing on a difficulty where that’s possible. On brutal servers, it is pointless taming an Ice Cave wolf because they will be server deleted on reset since they’re over the 600 max level limit. And if he’s just starting, there’s no way he’ll survive getting an implant. 

Tame a regular wolf and throw your best helmet on it to do caves if you’re early in the game and can’t kill an ice cave wolf on an easy, medium, or hard difficulty. Brutal difficulty you’re better starting with a regular wolf. 

2 hours ago, nintendogamer7 said:

You all forget he might not be playing on a difficulty where that’s possible. On brutal servers, it is pointless taming an Ice Cave wolf because they will be server deleted on reset since they’re over the 600 max level limit. And if he’s just starting, there’s no way he’ll survive getting an implant. 

Tame a regular wolf and throw your best helmet on it to do caves if you’re early in the game and can’t kill an ice cave wolf on an easy, medium, or hard difficulty. Brutal difficulty you’re better starting with a regular wolf. 

If you are a new player, put on some bug repellent, passive tame a spider/araneo with rotten meat, and then do the ice cave with that as nothing aggroes to it in the cave even if you attack something

Hi all, thank you for the inisight! I actually am playing on Brutal server (up to Lvl450) but I have Ascendant Creature Unlock so that shouldn’t be a problem. Anyway, thank you all for the feedback! I think the majority seems to be with the wolves here. I think their Alpha buff is also really cool so I’m going to head out now to try and tame up a pair of Wolves on my Argy! Thanks :D

Archived