Raising a Wyvern Question

Alex7890

Raising a Wyvern Question

Hi everyone, I have some questions about raising a wyvern...

After hatching a wyvern, how long do I have until I have to feed it?
How many times total do you feed a wyvern to get it to grow to an adult? And does food on the wyvern deplete slower when offline?
When is the best time to hatch a wyvern? Do you have to wake up at certain times of the night to feed it? 
I understand that the wyvern doesn't hatch with the ability to fill up all of its food bar. Is there some sort of calculator that gives me the maximum amount of food a growing wyvern can have?

Any answers or other tips welcome. I couldn't find the detailed answers I wanted online. 

Thanks

Everything you need to know should be right here on the wiki:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Wyvern#Taming

The answers to some of your questions are dependent on which game mode you're playing. On Single Player time does not pass when you're not in the game so no, you don't have to wake up to raise it or anything. Same with most unofficials as long as they have breeding/baby rates turned up. Official, you can buy cryopods and put your baby away when you're offline so you don't have to worry about it.

Also like all stats, a wyvern's food stat is rng and based on level--higher levels tend to have higher food stats, which directly contributes to how long the wyvern can go without, and how long between feedings. So it would depend on the level of the wyvern too. In general using the Dododex with a little bit of math pulled from the wiki's info about wyverns/milk you should be able to calculate it all out yourself once it hatches and you can see its food stat.

1 minute ago, Cymas said:

Everything you need to know should be right here on the wiki:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Wyvern#Taming

The answers to some of your questions are dependent on which game mode you're playing. On Single Player time does not pass when you're not in the game so no, you don't have to wake up to raise it or anything. Same with most unofficials as long as they have breeding/baby rates turned up. Official, you can buy cryopods and put your baby away when you're offline so you don't have to worry about it.

Also like all stats, a wyvern's food stat is rng and based on level--higher levels tend to have higher food stats, which directly contributes to how long the wyvern can go without, and how long between feedings. So it would depend on the level of the wyvern too. In general using the Dododex with a little bit of math pulled from the wiki's info about wyverns/milk you should be able to calculate it all out yourself once it hatches and you can see its food stat.

Thank you for your answer. I have read the Wiki but didn't find all the answers I wanted. Will the Dododex calculate the maximum food a wyvern has based on how far along it is in its growth? Does that increase gradually, or does it only change once a baby become a juvenile and a juvenile an adolescent?

As for the crypod, I have never heard of that. I just read some about it on the Wiki. It works for freezing the babies, right? In all my reading and watching videos, I never saw mention of it. I guess it is out of my range though. I don't know about all that Tek stuff.

One that really helped me that I found posted on dododex from a while ago is how to figure out how many hours of food a dragon had left before it starts to starve. To do this you take its current food value e.g a juvenile which has 1400/17000 food, times by 10 so 14000 and divide by 3600. In this case the wyvern with 1400 food left has 3 hours and 52 minutes of food left. 

8 hours ago, Snipsnip said:

One that really helped me that I found posted on dododex from a while ago is how to figure out how many hours of food a dragon had left before it starts to starve. To do this you take its current food value e.g a juvenile which has 1400/17000 food, times by 10 so 14000 and divide by 3600. In this case the wyvern with 1400 food left has 3 hours and 52 minutes of food left. 

Thank you for the response. Is there any way to calculate the max amount of food you can feed the wyvern as it grows?

8 hours ago, Alex7890 said:

Thank you for the response. Is there any way to calculate the max amount of food you can feed the wyvern as it grows?

I’m sure there is as I’ve seen independent timers on the net for all kinds of facets of the raising process but one doesn’t currently come to mind. Try some in depth googling and you should find one, maybe a food calculator. 

Their food stat is dependent on RNG, but the higher the level the easier (longer between) the raise is.  Generally, we estimate 360 food consumed per hour so we  can approximate the consumption and when we will have to get more.  The total raise time is 92.6 hours (not counting incubation) so estimate 1% per hour (90% means 10 hours left) and if the food is at 6200 for example, except for imprinting, the Wyvern will survive 17 hours without milk.  Also, there are 11 imprints, so possibly 11 feeding events, perhaps 12 if you get poopy RNG on the food stat or raise a lower level egg.

18 hours ago, Alex7890 said:

it is a % of the total and you can use the health as a measure.  For example current health/total health = fraction, take said fraction * total food = approx current max. 

Say the max health is 12000 and the max food is 8800, while the wyvern has 3000 health currently (assuming healthy)  

3000/12000 = 0.25

then 0.25 * 8800 = 2200 current max food.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:35 AM, BTH said:

it is a % of the total and you can use the health as a measure.  For example current health/total health = fraction, take said fraction * total food = approx current max. 

Say the max health is 12000 and the max food is 8800, while the wyvern has 3000 health currently (assuming healthy)  

3000/12000 = 0.25

then 0.25 * 8800 = 2200 current max food.

Thank you! Last question: does food deplete slower as it grows? Or is it always 360 an hour?

On 7/1/2019 at 12:24 AM, Alex7890 said:

Thank you! Last question: does food deplete slower as it grows? Or is it always 360 an hour?

I have found that 360 is a safe measure for all ages.  I will look into the next one, but I was suprised this morning with the Wyvern in adolescent (80% went to bed, 96% this morning) phase, consumed significantly less over night than 360/hour (I roughly estimate it was like 150/hr).

Archived