the greatest suggestion for ark, to this date.

cuddlywumpkinz

the greatest suggestion for ark, to this date.

So, ive accumulated over a year in-game time playing pvp and boosted servers, but recently my buddy who i played with passed away, and since i have social anxiety disorder... i cant really maintain a pvp base anymore successfully, so i decided to move to Official PvE because one aspect of the game that i got really good at is the building mechanic and ive never really been into the toxic pvp, but its bearable with friends.... so anyways, i moved to PvE Official Rag server 90... as a joke, before i joined server i said to my cousin, "watch i bet as soon as i join it'll be pillars as far as the eye can see and not a single base in sight" and wouldnt you know, i literally spawn inside of a pillar and all i see are pillars and ladders everywhere, but i thought to myself, "maybe, its just on the beach-lines, obviously the bobs have built the coast" so i spend the rest of the day getting a horse for narcotic, taming a pt, and then exploring map to try and find a good build spot. i flew around for 2 hours and not a single spot larger than 1x1 can be built, so in my frustration i decided id just level my character, get some metal structure ground out and then i would just transfer with my structure to another server and test my luck there. so, in preparation i decided to take advantage of one of the 1x1 spots i found in redwood at dams and try and build a triangle circle and throw some smelters and a smithy on it to grind out structure (there is plenty of metal and cp, so the task was more of waiting on metal spawns). so i slap down my triangle circle and get a smelter rolling, lay a bed, then go grabbing some dams for cp. as im out i see a giga walk passed and its one of the big tribes that are built by the dams who have pillars everywhere, and i asked him if he would mind removing one or two pillars so i could expand just large enough to have a place to store my horse so terror birds and bears arent going to kill it... (this is where is goes to crap) he then tells me that im blocking beaver dams (keep this in mind for later in the story), to which i said no im not, and if anything his and the guy next to him were blocking the dams because they have HUGE bases full of tames and surrounded by dino/behe gates that are right on the rivers at the dams, to which i get a response from the entire server telling me to destroy my base or they are going to, to which i responded that i didnt have to move i have a right to play the game as well and i was impeding in no one's gameplay, i just asked to be able to expand a couple more foundations so i could keep ONE tame safe while i was at the dams (my bird could be flown to the roof of my hut, so it wasnt an issue). so i spend the next 30 or so minutes explaining to server that there is no physical way i am blocking dams, and mid conversation a dam spawns touching my base, to which i inform them, but of course i was lying... so i have the entire server in chat cursing me out and calling me a pedophile and being toxic, and at this point i tried to be the bigger man and i already explained my case, they were being difficult, so ill just let em talk, so i go back to harvesting dams and berries with my horse. im about to finish up with my second load of narco berries when i see three wyverns fly in from the highlands way, and trailing them is an alpha wyvern and they kited him all teh way to my base from the scar, so at this point i start writing a report ticket on here, hoping a dev would see it and by chance stop them before they destroyed my base and taken me back some days worth of work, because i woudlnt be able to carry all of my loot out of there as its mostly metal and saddles from drops... but i type out the ticket and place it, and i didnt want to let my base just go because of some salty kids, so i kept repairing my base any time the wyv would fly off and before they could re-aggro it back to my base, but they seen they woudlnt be able to destory it while i was there, so their next plan of attack was to land their wyverns on top of my horse and bird and when the alpha would fly passed they would be trapped and because their wyvs can take the damage, they kept them trapped long enough that the alpha killed my horse (i managed to get the bird out). so after my horse is dead, im keeping up with the ticked i placed to wildcard to see if its been seen, and 2 hours into everything i got nothing, its now two days later and ive yet to get a response... so after being defeated on a PVE!!!!!! server, i decided fine let these kids have their cake, and i transferred to rag official PvE server 70, and wouldnt you know it still pillars everywhere, and i actually took my time to fly every sqare inch of the map and the only place i could find to build was out by the coral reef in the south-east of the map, which no one wanted because there are no resources and the commute to resources is insain... there are spots, that for the distance of three renders, are nothing but pillars and not a single base in sight... there cant be any more than 6 tribes playing on that server and they hold monopolies on the land... 

so, in conclusion, its pointless to try and play official PvE on console, because devs only care about your tickets if you're a streamer (i think it was kishko that has a video of devs IMMEDIATELY responding to his ticket and he had no proof of anything, just his word and my xbox account has at least an hours worth of footage of me being griefed and ive still yet to get a response), not only that but because wildcard isnt ACTUALLY enforcing their CoC there is no place to build anything short of a bob base and you're not accomplishing anything with that except losing a dino everytime a meat eater spawns near your base, because you surely wont have enough space for dino storage. so your best chance at playing PvE on official is waiting for valguero, hoping you're there before mega numbered tribes build pillars and steal the whole server, and even with that good luck because you'll end up with your base surrounded by pillars as soon as its found... ark is dying, and its one argument to say that the devs arent doing enough, but what does it matter if they respond to every single complaint if toxic players just get to restart and do it all over again. Devs established the CoC but when i brought up the CoC when i was being griefed, everyone mocked me and said "goodluck with that" because they think they can get away with anything because they think its their game, not a community based mmo (which is the PvE of ark). so, we cant play on the nitrado servers, because of "badmin" or the host shutting the server down without informing anyone or them changing the map at a whim, we cant play official PvP because of the politics between the mega-tribes, we cant play small tribes PvP because every server has an alpha that will not let anyone else build up, and we cant play official PvE because of griefers and spam pillars, so congrats community, we've all failed. a game perfect in concept is ruined because just a few greedy players, and to be real there isnt much wildcard can do short of having moderators on every server, which for thousands of servers thats quite impossible... even if devs wiped all the spam, it would just be re-built in moments because the tribes who placed them have tames and kits to help them rebuild them in a day... and if devs were to wipe every spammed base, they would most-likely be deleting bases too that only spammed to combat the spam in the first place... there needs to be some sort of "base upkeep" mechanic similar to rust, so if the mega tribes want to spam, they have to actively keep up with the upkeep or their spam decomposes. this would also solve a lot of the PvP issue that new players have starting out on servers that have bases three times render distance, and so many dino's that you lag-crash out of servers when they come into render, because itll make big tribes think twice about building huge compounds if they have to support a daily upkeep of their assets. BOOM! ark fixed. 

I actually read all of it and it's mostly a complaint about everything being pillared on PvE Console and the support never answering tickets. As for "the greatest suggestion for ark, to this date" the only thing even remotely like a suggestion was at the very end. Posting it here as a tl;dr if anyone is interested in what the post was supposed to be about.

1 hour ago, cuddlywumpkinz said:

there needs to be some sort of "base upkeep" mechanic similar to rust, so if the mega tribes want to spam, they have to actively keep up with the upkeep or their spam decomposes. this would also solve a lot of the PvP issue that new players have starting out on servers that have bases three times render distance, and so many dino's that you lag-crash out of servers when they come into render, because itll make big tribes think twice about building huge compounds if they have to support a daily upkeep of their assets. BOOM! ark fixed. 

sorry about that being long. it wasnt a complaint, btw, i was just trying to build up explaining WHY an upkeep would be a good idea by giving my personal experience. but yeah, i didnt mean for it to sound like a complaint... im literally diagnosed autistic, so i apologize if that was a lot to read. lol but if you want to get a chuckle imagine something like that being said in chatbox on console.... im kinda the king at typing with the d-pad lol. 

and no, i want to actually get built up on PvE official. my buddy and i used to play boosted servers all the time and strictly RP build and take pics and do video walkthroughs because he didnt get a lot of time to play because he did HVAC and was on call and worked like 60 hours a week and stupid random hours. so we'd hit a point of progression and then we'd end up getting wiped on one of the random days that i didnt stay up 3 days in a row to grind turrets or bullets.... him and i had been playing together since launch of center and  we had both played solo before that since launch, and we actually had a pretty good run doing a two-man crew on PvP, but we both really enjoyed the building mechanics more than the pvp... but yeah, he passed few days ago in a motorcycle accident, so i want to play on official PvE and build him a monument in the game. he was a really cool dude, and its still kinda messin with me.... today i hopped on a fibercraft PC dedi server and did a redo of the lighthouse on rag and just as i was getting the finishing touches i ended up getting rocket raided. and the PC servers arent perminent, which i get that some official servers have been taken down, but the chances are better that on official it'll last longer. the last video i sent him, he never got to see and i built it and had signs all over and named the tames all inside jokes we had... its still beatin me up.. i think ill just leave that there so i dont end up talkin too much

It's hard to find official PvE servers with land but they are out there and there is a lot of them. Reading what you said your obvious problem is your picking a server then sticking to it. Finding a server is a task in it's own but honestly it's your fault for seeing such a toxic pillared server and thinking "Wanna know what I'll build here". I play pretty on and off so pretty much everytime I come back to Ark I'm starting from the beginning. It takes a couple hours but I can always find a good open piece of land on pretty much any map I want. It just takes a lot of server hopping. Keep looking. Wildcard is pretty useless but your complaint is something that was extremely avoidable and honestly I don't know what you were expecting of them.

TL;DR Look harder for a good server!

@cuddlywumpkinz I'm sorry to read about your friends passing. I saw you made mention of it a couple of times and I sort of see what your trying to say.

I don't think your post it's really about the complaining over the server etc I think more than anything you want a peaceful and strictly pve server to build something in memory of your friend. Somewhere you can play your way. 

Servers always have a grief aspect to a degree, whether it be pillar spam, rules a mile long, PvP weekends, Wednesday's or just on a blood moon. Something can go wrong and upset someone unintentionally, sometimes people are just mean and get a kick out of causing other people upset. 

Maybe instead of a server create your monument to your friend in a personal single player world. Recreate your builds etc where you want. You will always have that as a place to go when you need too.

Again I'm sorry about your friend ark helped me too when I lost my mum in 2017. I didn't leave the house for nearly 9 months. Completely messed me up, the day after my mum's cremation my uncle passed then I lost my friend 3 weeks later. 

You play your way if you need a chat message me. 

Lol. I stopped before I started. Way to long buddy plus it prolly just another complaint from somebody that sucks at the game. 

I play official in a three man tribe and we have been growing in everything since. Rethink how you play the game if you suck at the game or try minecraft. It's really the same game but block version. Plus you won't get pillar blocked.  Lol. 

I don't mind a story teller.  Over time you can learn more about paragraphs, spacing, punctuation.  For forums it is good to keep it simple and short but hey I was bored so I read.  

The pillar dilemma is not an unknown issue.  I am more concerned with rude players not helping a lowbie.  My ragnarok server has a lot of land not pillared.  I can't say it's number here or people will flock.  You want to try to look toward the center map where all those water falls are.  Lava mountain beach is often free.  My official rag server even has beaches in the newbie zone avail.  

Also, pick a CLUSTERed server people are more relaxed knowing they can move their dinos to other servers so they are not as freaked out possessive of the land - they freak cause they do not want "their" server to reach DINO CAP so they push new players out.

I am to busy with Val to help now.   I suggest easy fix is to join an unofficial clustered map with little to no mods.  Esp mods that mess with constructions (  steam link ).

7 hours ago, cuddlywumpkinz said:

lol but if you want to get a chuckle imagine something like that being said in chatbox on console.... im kinda the king at typing with the d-pad lol. 

I think people on my server think im a god at typing with d-pad also. I just keep a keyboard plugged into my xbox lol. Id recommend that if you can, it helps so much not just with typing in chat but for searching for stuff in inventories.

Also very sorry to hear about your buddy passing. my condolences

Archived