Need help turning OFF decay timers on buildings

Moonie1

Need help turning OFF decay timers on buildings

I have a private PVE server using the Ebenus Astrum map. No other mods. I have some players going on a 2 week long vacation and their buildings are going to decay before they get back with the current timers. I would like to turn off decay timers completely, or if that is not possible to increase the amount of time. I have tried all sorts of numbers and true/false on the various decay settings and have been unsuccessful at changing the timers at all. I was able to turn off dino claiming at least. I see people saying they have no timers on their buildings and want them turned on in other threads, so I copied the setting they said they had but I still get the default decay times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. They leave on vacation tomorrow so I am on a short deadline as their buildings will be gone in a week.

You need bDisableStructureDecayPvE=True  in GUS.ini

Or check out PvEStructureDecayPeriodMultiplier and PvEStructureDecayDestructionPeriod  to change the decay period.
I don't have access to my server right now to give any examples ?

BEWARE that you need to give your players time to visit their structures when they return - before you re-enable the decay settings.  Otherwise the structures could instantly decay.
I know some server owners have experience a whole world of hurt by changing settings to help out their players with decay settings.

13 hours ago, Larkfields said:

You need bDisableStructureDecayPvE=True  in GUS.ini

Or check out PvEStructureDecayPeriodMultiplier and PvEStructureDecayDestructionPeriod  to change the decay period.
I don't have access to my server right now to give any examples ?

BEWARE that you need to give your players time to visit their structures when they return - before you re-enable the decay settings.  Otherwise the structures could instantly decay.
I know some server owners have experience a whole world of hurt by changing settings to help out their players with decay settings.

Thank you Larkfields for trying to help! :)

I changed bDisableStructureDecayPvE from false to true in the GameUserSettings.ini file. It didnt change anything, the timers are still ticking down after a server stop and restart. It should have worked... the DisableDinoDecayPvE worked when it was switched to true, but I just cant get the buildings to change. I have tried changing the multiplier on both of those PvEStructureDecay settings with no luck either. I set them higher, I set them lower, I set them to 0 and nothing changed. I am starting to think its not possible at this point but I keep seeing the rare post where someone says their server has no timer and they want it back! LOL.

Thanks for the warning on the timers too. But I should be ok if I ever get it turned off, since I will leave it off. Its a private server with less than 10 people, I can manually destroy structures if need be, no need for auto decay.

• 2 months later...

Archived