Lost dino

Arknewbie

Lost dino

I have lost a highly mutated Baryonyx it was behind me one minute the next second it’s gone without a trace. I’ve spent two hours looking for it but nothing. It was on neutral and I haven’t received a death notification. I’m playing on Xbox too so mods aren’t an option. Anyone have any advice on how to find it? And could anyone tell me, if my Bary killed a wild Dino who attacked it (since it’s on neutral) would the game tell me even if I’m far away? 

Thanks!

Likely situation is that something attacked it when you didnt notice and it ran off fighting said thing, Usually they try to make it back to you after they have killed whatever was attacking them, provided it didnt die, but hey this is ark and things can get buggy. Some people seem to have luck finding lost tames by going to the very center of the map you are on i.e. coords 50/50. If it hasnt died in the tribe log then it may still be out there however it isn't a guarantee. I have had tames straight up disappear from inside my base, with no trace in tribe log and no way for them to have even gotten out of my base. As if it was just deleted from the server, these things happen. 

If it is really something of high value to you it may be worth doing as suggested, exploring the map while whistling to all follow in case it is hanging around somewhere. otherwise if nothing turns up in the tribe log or from looking around then you can always try logging a ticket. Is it on a official server private server? what is the map you are on? 

3 hours ago, HoboNation said:

Likely situation is that something attacked it when you didnt notice and it ran off fighting said thing, Usually they try to make it back to you after they have killed whatever was attacking them, provided it didnt die, but hey this is ark and things can get buggy. Some people seem to have luck finding lost tames by going to the very center of the map you are on i.e. coords 50/50. If it hasnt died in the tribe log then it may still be out there however it isn't a guarantee. I have had tames straight up disappear from inside my base, with no trace in tribe log and no way for them to have even gotten out of my base. As if it was just deleted from the server, these things happen. 

If it is really something of high value to you it may be worth doing as suggested, exploring the map while whistling to all follow in case it is hanging around somewhere. otherwise if nothing turns up in the tribe log or from looking around then you can always try logging a ticket. Is it on a official server private server? what is the map you are on? 

I've lost 2 gigas, one of which was a high level to poofing, they were parked in my walls, and then just poofed.

Sometimes my dinos just go invisible, as example thylas when I leave them holding onto a wall. I leave the base and when I come back again - poof! Nothing. And on that wall I can't place anything, says it's obstructed. So far I haven't found a solution to it. Sometimes they reappear so I can park them on the ground again, but sadly ark is glitchy and buggy like this.. :/ 

8 hours ago, HoboNation said:

I’m playing on the island on single player, thank you for your response I appreciate it!

Archived