Bring in more S+

Zahlea

Suggestion

Bring in more S+

Homestead is great! There are still a few things I'm missing though:

• S+ Glass walls
    Put them in Tek tier for all I care :P What I want is some actually clear glass and not the dirty greenhouse glass you can hardly see through, as well as the really nice customisation options for frames around the glass. I really do prefer it being metal tier but that I can give up if we just get them at all - they are just so pretty and allow for such amazing builds. Additionally, it would be great with a Glass XL wall (I use them in my water pens so that I can see out, while preventing Cnidaria from entering).
  • Stackable foundations server option
    I get why this might not be feasible as default, but please allow server owners to enable it at will.
  • Snapping to structures option
    Like how S+ Large Storage Boxes can snap to each other by the side or front, making it a lot easier to put them neatly next to each other. Toggleable with G so it's easy to turn it off to get the same behaviour as we have now. Add to this, it would be amazing if there was a toggle to align with the closest wall so that it's much easier to put structures aligned with walls if desired.
  • Railing snap with vertical posts to ramps/staircases
    The Homestead model is just a rotated regular railing which looks weird. Seems like it should be a really easy fix since it exists in S+ already!
  • S+ Dynamic Gateways
    Or at least something between the small dino gate and the behemoth gate.
  • Boss fight from teleporter/transmitter server option
    Same as above, with the change that maybe it wouldn't be an issue any more? Either way, at least make it a server option so that server owners have the choice to enable it.
  • S+ Bookshelf
    It would be nice with a metal tier book shelf, as well as a book shelf that can hold a lot more items. After all... a blueprint doesn't take that much space.
  • Powered Dedicated Storage acts as a fridge
    I know this was supposed to be there and then removed so I guess that there was an issue with it... but if at all possible, I really would love for this to come back. It is Tek tier after all! :D

I realise that a lot of people are also missing the NPCs of S+. However, as I believe they are automating too much for the devs to consider them, I've kept this list to what I believe to be realistic: the things where I can't think of anything that makes them go against what I perceive the devs' vision for the game to be.

The top two points are my main ones. With these two, I could leave S+ behind and only go with vanilla... without them, I can't. So if the devs decide to not do this... I'd love a mod that does it! :D Something more lightweight than S+, but mostly that is without all the duplicates I get now.

4 replies to this server topic

On 6/28/2019 at 6:45 PM, Kage360 said:

I am very disappointed they didn't bring the entire mod over, all because they wanted to "bring it into official" if you bring parts of it to official fine but give us non official guys the entire mod

I get what you mean. Though, I can also get that they don't want to bring in the NPCs, although they're very popular, as I can see how that level of automation is contradictory to what the game is at its core (a lot of grinding, very little automation). Bringing it in would officially endorse it and I can see the point in the arguments against it, as well as (in the case with the NPCs specifically) opening up for a lot of demands of other NPCs.

In general, I agree though... the things I don't find likely that they'll include for everybody, I've instead asked for as server setting so that everyone not on official can choose to have it.

Archived