Community Crunch 187: Valguero Spotlight

StudioWildcard

Logoslogo.png
Community Crunch 187

ARK_VALG_Screenshot_09_Minimized.jpg

Valguero Spotlight!

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch!  :Jerbhi:

Last week we launched Valguero, a new free DLC that has proven to be popular with the community.  Much like Ragnarok, this map was created by members of the modding community. Our modding community has proven to be full of talent and great content! We love partnering with members of the community to bring free content to all of our passionate survivors.

While the team is busy with the launch of Valguero on console, we'll highlight some of the videos we've been seeing on Youtube.  We're excited to share what's in store for the future! 

white_lightbg.png
Upcoming Events
June

CLASSIC PVP MAINTENANCE
With the launch of Valguero, some servers were decommissioned. Please see this list for affected servers.

June

MOD CONTEST ENTRY DEADLINE
Saturday will be your last chance to compete for a grand prize of 10K! Visit this link for more information

white_lightbg_out.png

Modding Updates

moddinglogo.jpg

Don't forget that sponsorship applications will open again on July 1st. Make sure to apply if you are interested!

There are five days left to enter the ARK Modding contest!

Make sure to get those entries in before the deadline. If you've already entered, make sure you have all edits to your entry pages finished. After submissions close, you will no longer be able to edit the pages.

We'll have our internal vote for the finalists and then a round of video spotlights. During the finals it will be you, the players, that will decide the winner of the contest. So make sure that you check out the entries.

Functional Mods can be found here.  Maps, over here

There are two separate categories, two sets of prizes, and two opportunities to vote.
Each contest you vote in will enter you for a chance to win an ARK collectors edition box set signed by members of the development team.
These box sets come with a soundtrack, some ark goodies, and most notably a large cloth map that would look great on your wall and a leather-bound, full color,  creature dossier.

large.SignedCE_Sized.jpg

Happy Modding!

d
Valguero Roundup
ARK_VALG_Screenshot_08_minimized.jpg
Here are some of the latest highlights happening in social media.  Continue to share your favorite parts of the map and what you love about it!
white_lightbg.png

RE: Rock Drakes on Valguero

RE: Meshing

RE: Managarmr Training

RE: Griffins on Valguero
white_lightbg_out.png
Ut enim minim Veniam Quis

Evolution Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 28th of June at 1 PM EST until Monday the 1st of July at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

That's it for this week!  Be sure to follow us on our social media accounts below!

Team Wildcard

links
iconmonstr-twitter-4.png&r=0&g=0&b=0   iconmonstr-facebook-4.png&r=0&g=0&b=0

iconmonstr-instagram-11.png&r=0&g=0&b=0   iconmonstr-youtube-1.png&r=0&g=0&b=0   iconmonstr-reddit-4.png&r=0&g=0&b=0   iconmonstr-steam-4.png&r=0&g=0&b=0

View full article

damn this crunch be extra dry? ced please  post some confirmed lists of creatures for the map still so many questions being asked, also how or why was it not launched on console at same time why not wait till it passed certification on xbox and ps4? also how is there no release date? sounds like a rush job and i cant see why

2 hours ago, jammyjade said:

damn this crunch be extra dry? ced please  post some confirmed lists of creatures for the map still so many questions being asked, also how or why was it not launched on console at same time why not wait till it passed certification on xbox and ps4? also how is there no release date? sounds like a rush job and i cant see why

Go to gamepedia for a list of creatures, and it's gonna be released July 18th or 19th somewhere along the lines of that

1 minute ago, Davaydg said:

Go to gamepedia for a list of creatures, and it's gonna be released July 18th or 19th somewhere along the lines of that

ok thanks however the gamepedia wiki was wrong for days it's something i expect from the devs especially with so much confusion from the mod having extinction creatures and griffin, also wiki is run by volunteers not official ark, also plucking random dates out of nowhere is what i try to avoid? have you got a source saying 18th 19th? if not next time dont reply if you don't know again this is something devs should be answering

1 hour ago, Supermouls said:

Ich hatte auf eine mögliche Ankündigung gehofft, :(möchte mehr hübsche Dinos plz. Ich freue mich darauf, dass Valguero endlich zur Konsole kommt! Hoffentlich gibt es bald einen bestätigten Veröffentlichungstermin, wenn man bedenkt, dass sich der Juli schnell nähert 

I have to join the question. Please not at the end of the month

I have two questions are you going to add the plugin that detects and deals meshers on consoles? As a good percentage of players mesh ruining the natural raid mechanics I've seen the chaos first hand as a server owner.

My second question is how long is valgero as we as console players are getting sick of the constant delays to nearly every map you release getting it a month or more later is frustrating.

i guess i'm one of those few who'd cherish a page-full of bug fixes and balancing over a stupid new map. hell, i would have gladly taken dino tlc's over a new map. we know you just recycle the material...it bemuses me how you haven't figured out how to save scorched earth. we've given you advise (most are poop except mine) but we still see those empty servers. and when it's time to recycle old and unused for a new "modded" map, guess what...

• Like 1