Base defense ideas people may not have thought of:

mattj

10 hours ago, johnm81 said:

Don't confuse grumpy with direct.

Direct would've been an explaining reply to my clearly all-wrong post. Instead I had to ask that from you. And thank you for explaining into it, I'm now much smarter and I'm sure everyone else is aswell. Could we now stop this nonsense and carry on with being proper adults and not teenagers at each others throats? ✌️

Thank you ☺️

6 hours ago, Gr3t3 said:

Direct would've been an explaining reply to my clearly all-wrong post. Instead I had to ask that from you. And thank you for explaining into it, I'm now much smarter and I'm sure everyone else is aswell. Could we now stop this nonsense and carry on with being proper adults and not teenagers at each others throats? ✌️

Thank you ☺️

My first reply to you: "Those islets would make a horrible base location in Rag. What are you thinking?"

Contains no insults. Clearly states that its a bad base location. And asks you to explain why its good by inquiring on your thought process. If such a direct statement is what triggers you then you have a sensitivity that needs to be self examined to see if it comes from an bruised ego or simply your insecurity makes you overly sensitive to questioning.

I could understand your offense if I came out of the gate calling you names and trolling you. But the statement I quoted does nothing of that. 

And now that your diversion from the topic is addressed, if you truly want to know the best base locations on Rag here it is. There are very few to none. Ark mandates you must live underground and the best cave base locations are on center. 

Spam spam spam metal items of all kinds around your base and keep spamming until you can't render your base in. It's not a new tactic but extremely affective at making your enemy fob up far from your base and it makes them waste resources going past it. Spam helps protect your turrets and dinos that are out in the open. I do realise that it takes awhile to get goods lairs of different spam around and out of a base but when done correctly it causes such a headache for the raiders and more importantly it gives you time. I am a ORP player so for the most part my tribe are online when would be raiders pop in to say hello

8 hours ago, solix414 said:

those dinos still have the torpor they were tamed at tho. however, i do get where you're coming from.

Or rather the torpor they had after raising & imprinting - a very different thing - e.g. our rexes (and these aren't top stat ones by current standards) have over 40K torpor at 100% imprint, and after levelling are 40K health 2K melee. So scorpions, while being a nice idea, just don't work.

One fun trick is a few rooms full of high level bred dimorphs on aggressive strategically placed through the base, won't stop raiders, but will slow them down a bit.

34 minutes ago, FeyGriffin said:

Or rather the torpor they had after raising & imprinting - a very different thing - e.g. our rexes (and these aren't top stat ones by current standards) have over 40K torpor at 100% imprint, and after levelling are 40K health 2K melee. So scorpions, while being a nice idea, just don't work.

One fun trick is a few rooms full of high level bred dimorphs on aggressive strategically placed through the base, won't stop raiders, but will slow them down a bit.

cool, didn't know that. thanks!

On 6/24/2019 at 11:45 PM, Jacira said:

I play on PvE, what is this base defence you speak of?

Griefers will destroy you with “their” wild gigas or corrupted dinos. 

On 6/25/2019 at 6:49 PM, solix414 said:

try to spam scorpions. they are an easy tame, can eat the meat that rots from the other dinos, and cause torpor, which cannot be leveled in any way

On pvp, always get to at least 30 fortitude. If you get to 50 it takes twice as much to knock you out. 

My favorite defense in game is Velo with Dimorphodons set to follow the Velo.

Velo shoots player out of sky, dimorphs rekt them before that can take off. Plus the dinos feed them selves with all the wild dinos flying around XD.

Basically think of Velos as Leashes and all dinos that follow a turreted velo will go attack the target and then come right back.

15 hours ago, Jacira said:

No they wont, report the griefing and the dev team will deal with it.

That's the real PvE defense.

So long as you have walls around your base, no actual defence is needed on PvE. It's boring.

The devs take weeks to respond to tickets. ??‍♂️ By then your base will be nothing but a couple foundations (if your lucky).

On 7/1/2019 at 1:53 AM, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

The devs take weeks to respond to tickets. ??‍♂️ By then your base will be nothing but a couple foundations (if your lucky).

If between offline raid protection and other means of defence you cannot prevent griefers from completely destroying your base on a PvE server... Then you shouldn't be playing this game to begin with.

People that fickle never last.

2 hours ago, Jacira said:

If between offline raid protection and other means of defence you cannot prevent griefers from completely destroying your base on a PvE server... Then you shouldn't be playing this game to begin with.

People that fickle never last.

This isn’t me. I play solo official pvp. I am used to being foundation wiped. 

Archived