Dear Ark Enforcement Team

Dear Ark Enforcement Team

To the "enforcement" team;

I've noticed a growing trend here on Ark's official site. 

People are telling stories of themselves blatantly violating your Code of Conduct. 

What once was a hush hush type thing or if they talked about it, they made sure they took proper steps to use ambiguous wording is now just spelled out loud and clear.

Why this sudden feeling of safety?

Why is the threat of a ticket report to someone violating your CoC just met with jest in global chat?

It's because things aren't getting done on your part. There is little fear of being punished. 

You need to either do more or if you're taxed, you need to tell your bosses that more help is needed. Your 5 day auto close ticket when a response often takes 3x that long, is complete garbage. 

You put the victim to work by making them e-mail a constant update that you haven't resolved or looked into their issue. 

So now they are having their CoC protected rights violated and being ignored for weeks by the people who's job it is to help them. 

I'm not privy to WC's budget but I can tell that it needs to be revamped to include more in customer support.

Chances are not much will change in the future with your support. I have actually made peace with that but I'm seeing an influx of new people on this site, asking for help or telling tales of people abusing them in game and all they get is a "submit a ticket, the forums can't help you." response and then the topic closed.

The problem is, your supports not helping either and so they are lost and if they don't quit, they respond in kind to the abuse creating the next closed topic.

I just wanted to make a post asking why this one was closed, but now it was opened again and the responses deleted... the support was made for us, the customers, so we should be allowed to talk about it and criticize it.

My experience with the support is that they can help you with easy things like character restoration pretty well. It takes long, but its good. When it comes to abusive acts in pvp, it is completely useless. The responses you get often just cause anger, the auto close function is stupid as the op stated. One time my ticket was closed one day after i got a response from the gm, and then i had no chance of getting in touch again with that specific gm. There are also big differences in how the support reacts, depending on what gm you get and who you know in the support team. Sometimes even fool proof evidence is being ignored, sometimes they show up on a server and wipe tribes without real reason. I know for a fact that some tribes have gm‘s in their discord servers. Which is good if there is an urgent case of meshers or aimbotters, but it is not fair if just a few people have that option and it also leads to unfair treatment. I had a gm confirm several points of one tribe violating the coc but yet nothing was done. 

Arks customer support is just a huge disappointment most of the times. 

31 minutes ago, oohrang said:

I've just spent two hours running around a map looking for a spot to start back into this game. I thought the pillar problem was going to be addressed, like two years ago? At the risk of sounding like a tool, i payed good money for this game and now my only way to play is single player?

Time to uninstall methinks. Good luck Chaps. ?

PvE really need a rethink. 

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, acat said:

Yes there was that guy predicting you would close the topic within one hour... which was true and not against forum rules. 

Once again, and for the last time. Yes. That was the only response. Just like I just said. I can't spell it out any more for you.

That said. We are absolutely done discussing further moderation. 

Now have at the topic.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not calling out moderation here. 

They have rules they have to follow as well as having to make judgement calls. I understand why they need to close out topics and direct people to the support ticket. This entire forum would be tickets if not. 

I'm actually using that to bolster my point that even if people submit a proper ticket, after so long with no other recourse they post here in hopes that an Ark dev reviews and responds to their official site. 

The fact they rarely do is yet another problem.

I loathe Reddit and I'm not really a fan of Twitter so for one of the top advices is to use those two mediums for a chance at a better response than bringing up an issue on their official site, it goes to show just how little their customer support leadership gets it.

I moderate a FB trade site so to kerp things clean and civil, sometimes you have to make the unpopular decision.

I do wish they had a bit more leeway here to let a topic reach the community to help out or even put at ease someone's problems but they do point them in the right direction rather than just closing a topic and deleting it so them following the rules given to them is not an issue. 

I have reported several people for racism over global and always got an enforcer response over 1-2 days (They do not work over the weekend!).

I also got reported once for pillaring in some tribe who tried to wipe our base by pulling dinos into us and we got punished for it. (I had no pictures of them kiting dinos into us, while we had nothing but a small stone base) 

I learned from my mistake and now use ''Bandicam'' which I would recommend to every single player. I have Bandicam open all the time and just press a single button to record. 

It's not worth taking matters into your own hands when there is an actual report system that works if you have the recordings of the others doing wrong.

I protect myself that way because they can't punish someone with no evidence and no, you telling the truth is not evidence enough, how would they know?

So, use a recording tool, have evidence and report the people that abuse others.

I would like to know why we aren't entitled to a second opinion on enforcement tickets. There's one guy who only closes tickets and never does anything, I mentioned him on my server's discord and everyone piped up to say the same about him. He just closed a ticket about a tribe that built a base over metal nodes saying they weren't protected spawns. I opened it up again to ask for someone else's opinion and he just shut it again without any further details. What the hell?

9 minutes ago, HairyNevus said:

I would like to know why we aren't entitled to a second opinion on enforcement tickets. There's one guy who only closes tickets and never does anything, I mentioned him on my server's discord and everyone piped up to say the same about him. He just closed a ticket about a tribe that built a base over metal nodes saying they weren't protected spawns. I opened it up again to ask for someone else's opinion and he just shut it again without any further details. What the hell?

Now see. This is not the same as my post.

Metal spawns should be protected but they aren't which is why people pillar them. However, the base being built there doesn't violate any rules. He investigated and came to his conclusion based on the rules. A second look does nothing but waste time and resources. 

You got your query answered so feel lucky. Even if it didn't go in your favor the job was done. My post relates more to the jobs not done in obvious violations of the CoC nor acknowledged and it seems that it is more likely to be the case in the instances of what they label griefing.

I'm not sure your game mode or how old your server is but unless it's Valguero, I find it hard to believe any important resource spawns aren't protected on a PvE server at this point. 

That Enforcer has also done nothing about people spamming racism in in chat and players talking about Real Money Trading of dinos. This was just the most recent example for this dude. And yes, I'm on PvE and we try to pillar the metal nodes. Some new tribe that built their first base blocking multiple paths managed to worm their way into a spawn after the pillars decayed.  

It's not a waste of time to get a second opinion, when you know the first guy only has one setting: close ticket without taking any action. 

Archived